Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Default BULLETIN: Tornado Riot: Alerts in 7 States

BULLETIN: Tornado Riot: Alerts in 7 States

06-Apr-2005

Supercell at 105 PM. A supercell has developed over the southeastern US and tornado watches have been declared in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Missouri and Tennessee. All are in effect until after sundown or later. Not all areas of all states are covered, so check your local weather for updates.

Gov. Haley Barbour of Mississippi declared a state of emergency after 19 tornadoes were reported in the state this morning.

The system producing this extreme weather has been declared a supercell by the National Weather Service and is capable of producing multiple severe weather conditions including, high winds, hail and tornadoes.

Stay tuned to local media for the lastest information, and remember that supercells are very violent and fast moving. If you live in the storm region, take warnings seriously.
    Last edited by TheresOnlyOneWay; 04.06.05 at 03:07 PM.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cue the lead-in to Humans Being.....

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Eh, Tornados are just a part of everyday life down here in the south. When your state (La.) is in the southern half of "Tornado Ally" it's just something you become a custom too.

However, whent the NWS issues Tornado Watches, you always keep a eye to the sky, because these super-cell thunderstorms just "Crop" up out of no where and get extremely nasty, real quick. Nothing like seeing hail up to the size of baseballs falling everywhere, and the sound is something you'll never forget.

But to but a spin on Tornados, it's like FLA dealing with Hurricanes, The west dealing with the fires/earthquakes, and the North and Northeast dealing with Nor-easters. But, that doesn't mean 3/4 of the country doesn't get their fairshare of Tornados and severe thunderstorms from time to time. Just down here, it's just a fact of daily life.

Hope those east of me make it thru this out-break!

HH-------------Toto, I don't think we're in "Mississippi" anymore...thank goodness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I am soooo dreading tornado season here in west Tx. We are right in tornado alley. This is a picture of a tornado that hit here in Wichita Falls back in 1979. It was a mile wide at the base.

http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

T.P....my best friend lived through that horrible tornado as the roof was ripped off their house. Everytime it gets cloudy, she gets a little nerved up. She lived in Wichita Falls. We visited there a few years ago after her mother died and drove around town as she pointed out foundations where houses had been and 12 yrs. later nothing had been built in their places.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    I am soooo dreading tornado season here in west Tx. We are right in tornado alley. This is a picture of a tornado that hit here in Wichita Falls back in 1979. It was a mile wide at the base.

My 1st grade teacher had me scared shitless of tornados and earthquakes. Of course, I live in eastern KY and we're surrounded by mountains, so there's never tornados. The most we get are floods, but she was like "If the wind gets up to about 10 miles above average, we will have a tornado! If you feel the gound shake a little bit, you need to hide under something because there is a earthquake coming!" She was one of those old farts that was like Chicken Little and thought that a leaf falling on her head meant the trees were after us now!
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been in a tornado. I was about 8 years old at the time...
    My sister and I was on the way to school and we just kind of
    come up on it and it picked up our van and sat it on the other
    side of road. I'll never forget that day.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evhslilhottie
    My 1st grade teacher had me scared shitless of tornados and earthquakes. Of course, I live in eastern KY and we're surrounded by mountains, so there's never tornados. The most we get are floods, but she was like "If the wind gets up to about 10 miles above average, we will have a tornado! If you feel the gound shake a little bit, you need to hide under something because there is a earthquake coming!" She was one of those old farts that was like Chicken Little and thought that a leaf falling on her head meant the trees were after us now!
    Gosh, she would've had a heart attack years ago if she lived here in Washington State. We have earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunami warnings, floods, and wind storms. The one cool thing about Chicken Littles are they are easy to mess with!
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Damn, I'm kind of glad I don't live in Tornado Alley. Just get the flooding and occasional hurricane or blizzard, not to mention the occasional tornado. Never been in one, but my mom-in-law has since she grew up in Jefferson, Iowa.

A question to my fellow Linkers that have been in a tornado - does it really sound like a freight train coming through you house or is that just an old-wive's tale??
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I've been through two tornadoes, both while camping. It is not an experience I care to repeat any time soon.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman
    Damn, I'm kind of glad I don't live in Tornado Alley. Just get the flooding and occasional hurricane or blizzard, not to mention the occasional tornado. Never been in one, but my mom-in-law has since she grew up in Jefferson, Iowa.

A question to my fellow Linkers that have been in a tornado - does it really sound like a freight train coming through you house or is that just an old-wive's tale??
    Yes...they sound like a freight train that is rumbling along at you. The reason it sounds like that is the wind is producing so much energy and noise, your eardrums can't handle it. So it sounds like the rumbling of a freight train engine that is revved to the same rpms that are used at when it is travelling at 60-70 mph.

In 2002 and 2003, it would be nothing for me to be on I-80 or I-88 between Chicago and Dixon, IL and get caught in the "side draft" or in the super cell of a tornado. In a one-week span I saw/was involved in 8 tornado's. Nothing like the feeling of a 53' tailer, loaded with 45,000 pounds of freight, just rocking side to side like a balloon.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Global warming needs more study.