Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Default Amityville - the remake and the story.

Previews for the remake of this old classic are all over the tv at the moment. As someone intered in the paranormal I've looked at this story a bit and swing from fraud to truth a few times. George Lutz, the father of the family this was meant to have happened to, still tells the same tale and on a recent radio interview slams the remake as being an insult to his family and their suffering from this. Apparently the new film deviates far from the original book, changing the sex of the spirit Jodie who was a boy.. now a girl, has Lutz turning violent on his family which he insists he never did in almost a copy of the Shining. He is attempting to sue MGM at the moment for breach of the original contract which was with Orion pictures passed over to MGM.

So, whats the thoughts on this?? Truth or fraud?? and also on the remake of this classic horror.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think Hollywood oughta come up with their own brilliant fucking scripts instead of rehashing old ones.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    i think Hollywood oughta come up with their own brilliant fucking scripts instead of rehashing old ones.
    AGREED.
    Last edited by avhevhmashdlr; 04.05.05 at 04:23 PM.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    AGREED.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Try writing something good that is original. It's harder than you think. Even if you think what you're writing is original, it probably isn't. I have no problems with remakes as long as they aren't too much like the original. The "Dawn of the Dead" and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remakes were damn good, but very different from the original films. The "Psycho" remake was a waste of time.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

I don't know, SEA. I've seen a lot discrediting the story. The book is scary as hell.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Over in "Dorkville", I'm embroiled in a debate on a ghosthunter board over this topic.

I think the story is poo.

Great book, I read it as a kid and hung on every word.

Here's the problem, the Defeo family had no problems with the house. Sure the son that murdered them claimed to hear voices but that's what I'd say were I on trial for mass-murder. Two families that lived in the home afterwords had no problems what so ever. The house was torn down and rebuilt because it had become a tourist attraction and it drove the neighbors and the occupants nuts.
    The problem from a ghosthunter's perspective is that the haunting that is detailed in the book is so powerful that I can't believe that it would just stop. The average life-span of your run-of-the-mill lowgrade haunting is just under 300 years. Hauntings never happen to one group of people only and exclude the rest of the world. Then there is the second big red flag, the subsiquent investigations. Hans Holtzer, a PHD in Parapsychology, investigated the house and came up with a story of sacred Indian burrial grounds and angry injuns. Then you've got Ed & Lorriane Warren, proffesional "Demonologists", who said that devil worship had attracted evil to the house.....If the haunting is consistant then they should have come to the same conclusion, this actually happens quite often, yet they didn't. I suspect that they were more interested in selling books and getting their faces on the tube.

There is one plausable explaination to the Lutz's story - lowgrade CO2 poisoning. It would account for much of the story as told in the book.

Beyond that, I say the story is poo.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Olive um
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!!
    Last Online

06.14.13 @ 10:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just loved the book. Scared the shit out of ole Timi! The first movie had a terrifying impact, yet read the book. The book is wicked good, to make your own visions of...........
    I love any good horror movie. Ammity was/is a classic.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Over in "Dorkville", I'm embroiled in a debate on a ghosthunter board over this topic.

I think the story is poo.

Great book, I read it as a kid and hung on every word.

Here's the problem, the Defeo family had no problems with the house. Sure the son that murdered them claimed to hear voices but that's what I'd say were I on trial for mass-murder. Two families that lived in the home afterwords had no problems what so ever. The house was torn down and rebuilt because it had become a tourist attraction and it drove the neighbors and the occupants nuts.
    The problem from a ghosthunter's perspective is that the haunting that is detailed in the book is so powerful that I can't believe that it would just stop. The average life-span of your run-of-the-mill lowgrade haunting is just under 300 years. Hauntings never happen to one group of people only and exclude the rest of the world. Then there is the second big red flag, the subsiquent investigations. Hans Holtzer, a PHD in Parapsychology, investigated the house and came up with a story of sacred Indian burrial grounds and angry injuns. Then you've got Ed & Lorriane Warren, proffesional "Demonologists", who said that devil worship had attracted evil to the house.....If the haunting is consistant then they should have come to the same conclusion, this actually happens quite often, yet they didn't. I suspect that they were more interested in selling books and getting their faces on the tube.

There is one plausable explaination to the Lutz's story - lowgrade CO2 poisoning. It would account for much of the story as told in the book.

Beyond that, I say the story is poo.
    As far as I know Holtzer was unavailable at the time of the investigations (first recommended choice) and that was why the Warrens were chosen. Lutz spoke to Kaplan about coming but when looking into his credentials, was unhappy with his so called on paper degree. This dude wanted to be involved in some way and spread some serious b/s about the family.. he never investigated the house although he claims to have done so.

Also, something weird had to have happen the night Defeo killed his family.. six shootings and not one of the family woke up and tried to escape.. not shots heard by the neighbours either.. that in itself is very fishy to me.

One thing I cant agree on is that the paranormal work to pattern, timing etc We just dont know enough to presume this. The blessing of that house kicked off something nasty the day they moved in..

On a side note.. if a voice told me to 'GET OUT' then I'd be out!! However, the family didn't know what had happened to the priest till later. For the first couple of weeks there the happeningss were subtle. A case of, 'Nah, that cant have happened.' What turned it was the final day.

PS the house is still there, but the house number has been changed and the eye like windows have been removed and altered to a different shape so the famous facade is totally different to the tourist and harder to recognise.
    Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 04.06.05 at 01:00 AM.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought Amityville was a comedy.Whoops
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

"Get out."

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A&E channel had a "City Confidential" on a while back that did a pretty good job of debunking the haunting story.

As for the murder, Defeo probably had help...that would explain why everyone was found dead in their beds...

The movie's never really scared me. Here's to the remake being able to....

From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That house always used to freak me out when I was a kid. Those 'eye-like' windows.

The original Amityville is a classic.

I heard that the remake is more closer to the *supposed* events that took place there.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    As far as I know Holtzer was unavailable at the time of the investigations (first recommended choice) and that was why the Warrens were chosen. Lutz spoke to Kaplan about coming but when looking into his credentials, was unhappy with his so called on paper degree. This dude wanted to be involved in some way and spread some serious b/s about the family.. he never investigated the house although he claims to have done so.

Also, something weird had to have happen the night Defeo killed his family.. six shootings and not one of the family woke up and tried to escape.. not shots heard by the neighbours either.. that in itself is very fishy to me.

One thing I cant agree on is that the paranormal work to pattern, timing etc We just dont know enough to presume this. The blessing of that house kicked off something nasty the day they moved in..

On a side note.. if a voice told me to 'GET OUT' then I'd be out!! However, the family didn't know what had happened to the priest till later. For the first couple of weeks there the happeningss were subtle. A case of, 'Nah, that cant have happened.' What turned it was the final day.

PS the house is still there, but the house number has been changed and the eye like windows have been removed and altered to a different shape so the famous facade is totally different to the tourist and harder to recognise.
    Too bad. I always wanted to actually go see that house (maybe even go inside to scare the shit out of me!)

Any pics as to what it now looks like?
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"