Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Daily Entertainment News

Sequel to Kong!
    Source: ComingSoon!

Today, a very trim-looking Peter Jackson announced in his regular production diaries at KongIsKing.net that a sequel to King Kong is already well underway with all of the cast from the first film returning.

According to Jackson, they've had to keep the sequel a secret, but the plans quickly came together while shooting the movie when some money that Universal was going to use for a third Riddick movie became available. (Essentially, Vin's loss is our gain!) The sequel will shoot back-to-back with production of the first movie, which just finished principal photography, with Jack Black, Naomi Watts, and Adrien Brody all returning. Andy Serkis will once again be performing the motion capture to be used to create King Kong's kin.

"King Kong" Size April Fool's Joke

On April Fool's Day, Peter Jackson announced via the movie's video diary series (on www.kongisking.net) that he would be filming two sequels to his current KONG remake. The films would be SON OF KONG and KING KONG: INTO THE WOLF'S LAIR.

In addition to Jackson, stars Naomi Watts, Jack Black and Colin Hanks participated in the hoax along with Weta staff members. They even showed a copy of the SON OF KONG script along with designs, models, etc.
    Last edited by FH; 04.04.05 at 03:45 AM.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

"Sin City" Pulps "Beauty Shop"
    Source: E!Online

Sin City killed.

Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's graphic silver screen version of Miller's graphically violent novels hustled up an estimated $28.1 million as the nation's new top movie.

In second place the femme gossip comedy Beauty Shop, which had opened Wednesday, teased up $13.5 million from Friday through Sunday.

Headlined by veteran tough guy Bruce Willis, classic outsider Mickey Rourke and current glamour boy Clive Owen, Sin City, an R rated Dimension release, opened at 3,230 theaters, where the brutal, blood splattered, ballsy thriller averaged $8,707 per site. That, following a heavy ad campaign, was a little less than the industry anticipated, but good enough to be the third best April opener ever, behind the comedy Anger Management ($42.2 million in 2003) and the action fantasy The Scorpion King ($36 million in 2002)

Queen Latifah repeats her sassy stylist Barbershop 2 role in Beauty Shop, a PG-13 MGM release that was set into 2,659 sites, where it averaged $5,077 per screen to rack up $17.3 million since its Wednesday debut.

In third place was last week's number one Guess Who, which only dropped 37 percent. The PG-13 Sony race relations comedy earned $13 million from a $4,131 per screen average while remaining at 3,147 sites to bring its current two week gross to $41.3 million.

Remaining in fourth place in its fourth week was the androids 'toon Robots, which earned $10 million from a $3,305 per screen average at 3,026 sites - 405 less than last weekend. Sustained interest in the Fox PG release, which only dropped 23 percent and has now grossed $104.5 million, was boosted by its theatres sneaking the studio's Fever Pitch, which reportedly attracted positive response particularly with females, which seems a good augur for the romantic comedy opening next weekend.

In fifth was Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous, dropping a sharper 40 percent from its second place opening the previous week. The Sandra Bullock FBI agent caper earned just $8.3 million from a $2,595 average while remaining at 3,233 sites and has now grossed just $31.3 million.

Entering the top ten list was The Upside of Anger expanded in its fourth weekend of release to 1,111 sites. The R rated New Line emotional drama, starring Joan Allen and Kevin Costner, gained 230 percent to earn $4.1 million in eighth place, but has still only earned $8.7 million.

In limited release Sony Pictures Classics' PG-13 French dramedy Look at Me about family and fame got a good look in, The best screenplay winner at last year's Cannes Film Festival, it averaged $12,491 at just six sites for $74,943. At just two sites ThinkFilms' import Kontroll, set in the subways of Budapest, averaged $5,525 for $11,050.

Overall the top twelve movies earned an estimated $98.2 million, 9.9 percent up on last weekend, but a 14 percent drop from this time last year when Hellboy was the graphic novel flick of choice.

Final figures are due Monday. Exhibitor Relations estimates the top ten from Friday through Sunday as follows:

1. Sin City, $28.1 million
    2. Beauty Shop, $13.5 million
    3. Guess Who, $13 million
    4. Robots, $10 million
    5. Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous, $8.3 million
    6. The Pacifier, $6 million
    7. The Ring Two, $5.8 million
    8. The Upside of Anger, $4.1 million
    9. Hitch, $3 million
    10. Ice Princess, $2.5 million

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

New CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the way
    Source: SuperheroHype!

Here is the official press release from Imagi Services USA about the new TMNT:

For immediate release.
    KEVIN MUNROE TO WRITE/DIRECT ANIMATED “TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES” FILM.

Imagi Services President and CEO Tom Gray announces the signing of Kevin Munroe to write and direct a new CGI-animated feature-length Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will ramp-up their booming revival with an animated film that will take advantage of new technology developed since the last Turtles film was released in 1993. Now in pre-production, the film is targeted for U.S. release in spring 2007.

Kevin Munroe has done extensive animation work during the last decade including video games, television series, and original comic books. He has worked in developing both the writing and design of animated projects for companies such as Disney, Warner Bros., Cartoon Network, WWE, Fox Kids, The Henson Company, Kids WB, Dark Horse Entertainment, IDW Publishing and Nickelodeon. Besides working in all aspects of production design and storyboarding on shows such as Nickelodeon’s “Hey Arnold!,” Munroe also created, wrote, produced, designed, and directed the CGI Christmas special “Donner” for ABC. His projects have been optioned by Walt Disney Feature Animation, Stan Winston Studios, and Brett Ratner’s Rat Entertainment in addition to co-writing another Imagi feature, Cat Tale. Munroe’s writer/director deal was negotiated by Gray and Alan Grodin of Weissmann, Wolff, et al., and Brent Weinstein of UTA.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have enjoyed over 20 years of success in the U.S. and around the globe. Having shot to mainstream popularity with hit TV series, top grossing films, number one selling toys and enduring comic books, the property has generated over $6 billion in revenue. The first of the three live-action films grossed $135 million domestically, setting a seven-year box office record for independent releases. Today, the new hit TMNT TV series is in its third season with a fourth set to run through 2006 on 4Kids TV (formerly Fox Box) and the Cartoon Network in the U.S. In addition, the show is broadcast in major markets throughout Western and Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia. The new TMNT film will be produced by Tom Gray (who guided the first Turtles trilogy through production) and Galen Walker of Imagi. Executive Producers are Francis Kao, Gary Richardson, Frederick Fierst, and Peter Laird, who co-created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Kevin Eastman. The picture deal was conducted by Gray and Walker of Imagi, Grodin of Weissmann, Wolff, et al., Richardson of Mirage Licensing, and Fierst of Fierst, Pucci & Kinder.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I AM LEGEND finally set to shoot?
    Source: AICN
    Hey folks, Harry here... I AM LEGEND... Richard Matheson's brilliant work, twice adapted to screen thus far.... Once by Vincent Price (the best version) then most iconically by Charlton Heston. This third adaptation has been a thing of legend in its own right. From the adaptation by Mark Protosevich, which was nearly perfect save for the pandering ending required by Warner Brothers... It has seen different producers and directors as often as... well as Warner's own SUPERMAN. Well it looks like Francis Lawrence, director of CONSTANTINE, has finally tamed the beast. I'm hearing that Will Smith will star... which makes this his first foray into horror. He's fought Aliens and Robots... so why not Vampires. Personally, I can see this... but only if he gives himself over to the tragedy of the role. The melancholy of being the Last Man on Earth. Now, if they're planning on actually shooting this in New York.. that means a pretty huge scale for this. Both previous adaptations were in the more sprawling Los Angeles. Let's see where this goes, I just hope they've kept the books ending... after all, the title isn't I AM A LIVING LEGEND...
    Just thought you should be aware - on the "Reel Jobs" section on the Mayor's office website of New York City, they've listed the Richard Matheson adaptation "I Am Legend" in need of a scout staff, aiming for a May 5th start date of actual *shooting*.

First I've heard of this - but hey, I'm looking forward to it.

- SR Hadden

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Reynolds out of the next Blade?
    Source: Moviehole

When I talked to Ryan Reynolds late last year about the chances of the "Blade Trinity" spin-off, "Nightstalkers", his interest had seemed to die along with the film's box-office run. Pity, he and Jessica Biel's leather-trousers were about the finest thing in the bloodmatch.

Now, talking to Zap2it, Reynolds said it's unlikely the spin-off will ever happen - because the studio now wants 'Blade' back.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Reynolds says. "I gave them a few ideas of how to take our characters off into a different direction away from the vampire thing, but they really want Blade back."

It'll be quite something if Wesley Snipes is asked to come back as Blade. He did, after all, have a major biffo with the final film's writer/director and the studio itself. Surely they wouldn't recast?

Reynolds also confirmed to the site that a "Van Wilder 2" has got the greenlight - but he's nixed plans to headline it. "Sure, they came to me to do the next 'Van Wilder,' but I wasn't sure I could add much more to that part," he says. "Kal Penn will be in it again and his character will be looking for a new Van Wilder."

Meantime, Coming Soon had the chance to catch up with the actor - who said it's looking more and more likely that he'll be suiting up as "The Flash" in the near future.

"The Flash is something David Goyer is writing now and we're hoping Warner Brothers will greenlight it," he told the site. "The story he has for it is unbelievable. I mean you know it's such a mind-boggling story, so I'm really excited about it. There's so much I didn't realize about the laws of physics and relativity that you can get into with the Flash. And you know the fact that he's basically doing things like arriving before he's left. I mean this stuff to me is really interesting to capture on film."

"If it all goes well, I'll be playing it. I have a penchant for wearing red unitards to various parties around town so I'm in," he quipped. "There's nothing contractual about it," he continued. "David Goyer and I have always said we would like to do it together and Warner Brothers seems to approve of that."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Michael Bay's Toy Story
    Source: Moviehole
    According to Aint it Cool, director/producer Michael Bay - he's the guy whose got a penchant for 'montages mixed to the tune of a high-voltage soundtrack', remember? - looks like being handed the keys to Optimus Prime.

Apparently pleased as pattie with the job he's done on "The Island", Dreamworks want to reward Bay with the potential money-spinning "Transformers" movie franchise.

According to the site, Roland Emmerich ["Independence Day"] is also keen to sing the 'more than meets the eye' theme, but they're predicting Bay gets the gig.

Then again - like a Transformer itself - this could change.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Shyamalan Casts Lady
    Giamatti, Howard join M. Night's next.
    Source: IGNFF
    March 30, 2005 - M. Night Shyamalan is casting Village actress Bryce Dallas Howard and Sideways star Paul Giamatti in his next flick, Lady in the Water, according to today's Variety.

The film, billed as a fantasy thriller, tells the story of an apartment building superintendent who finds a water nymph in the building's swimming pool. Giamatti would play the super and Howard would play the nymph. Interesting concept... more details to come on that.

Lady in the Water was the second in a two-picture deal for Shyamalan at Disney, but the studio passed. Night subsequently took the flick to Warner Bros. and they snatched it up. Warner Bros. president Alan Horn said last week that he's hoping Lady in the Water will be the first of many flicks that Shyamalan makes at the studio. A Disney rep commented that, despite passing on Lady, they've still got a great relationship with Night and that they "look forward to working with him in the future."

Bryce Dallas Howard, who starred in Shyamalan's The Village, next appears in Manderlay from Lars Von Trier. She's also set to star in Kenneth Branagh's As You Like It and Warner Independent Pictures' Mary Queen of Scots.

Warner Bros. is aiming for a July 21, 2006 release for Lady in the Water. If final negotiations with the actors go as planned the film could start shooting in August.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Black Christmas Remake
    Cult horror flick redo by Morgan and Wong.

March 31, 2005 - Before Halloween... there was Christmas. The 1974 Canadian horror film Black Christmas paved the way for the slasher movie craze of the '80s and inspired films like Friday the 13th and Halloween. Now, Christmas is coming again... According to industry mags Variety and the Hollywood Reporter, Toronto-based Copperheart Entertainment has announced plans to remake the cult classic with filmmaking duo Glen Morgan and James Wong (The X-Files).

Morgan and Wong will reportedly write the screenplay for the remake together and Morgan will direct. The pair, who creatively established themselves as writers/producers on The X-Files, also created the Final Destination films.

The original Black Christmas is a low-budgie horror tale of sorority coeds getting axed by a homicidal maniac. The film starred Margot Kidder, John Saxon, Olivia Hussey and Keir Dullea.

Bob Clark, who went on to helm vastly different Christmas movie, A Christmas Story, directed the original.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Cuaron Wants Piece of Pi
    May direct bestselling novel adaptation.
    April 01, 2005 - According to Variety, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban helmer Alfonso Cuaron is in talks with Fox 2000 to direct an adaptation of the bestselling novel Life of Pi, by Yann Martel.

Cuaron's agent reportedly dialed up the studio when M. Night Shyamalan, who had been previously linked to the project, opted to make Lady in the Water at Warner Bros. instead.

Life of Pi is an adventure tale that centers on Pi Patel, the brassy son of a zookeeper from Pondicherry, India. When the family hitches a ride on a freighter, in the process of moving to Canada, there is a shipwreck and Pi is later found adrift in the Pacific on a 26-foot lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a Bengal tiger.

Dean Georgaris (Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, Paycheck) has written a draft of the screenplay.

Cuaron is currently in pre-production on the Universal-based future-drama Children of Men. He's also attached to a film adaptation of Nicole Krauss' forthcoming novel The History of Love for Warner Bros. Cuaron would reteam with Potter producer David Heyman on that film.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Watchmen: Dead or Alive?
    Rumors swirl, crew let go as studio brass reshuffle.
    April 01, 2005 - Word of a possible ill fate being in store for the long-in-development Watchmen movie first surfaced in a report at the Los Angeles Times and then rumors fueled online suggested the worst: Watchmen was on life support, thanks to a changing of the guard at Paramount Pictures amid attempts to curb the film's $100+M budget.

Variety has now investigated the matter. "If it were in turnaround, I wouldn't be talking to you," Watchmen producer Larry Gordon advised the trade.

"We really want to make it," said Paramount spokeswoman Nancy Kirkpatrick. "We think it's a great piece of material." Anyone else sense a big "but ..." coming?

As Variety reports, "Par had been aiming for a June start but in recent days, some of the crew members working on pre-productionpre-production have been released. Kirkpatrick said some crews remain on the job."

The question remains whether Paramount has the nerve to turn such a daring and beloved text as Watchmen into a film.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Rodriguez on the Sin City DVD
    Unique features planned for the discs.
    April 01, 2005 - Director Robert Rodriguez has long been an innovator in the film industry. He's a master of shooting professional quality films at rock bottom prices ever since his $7,000 El Mariachi lit the industry aflame in the early 1990s.

Most directors have budget problems and difficultly staying within the allotted amount they are given, but Rodriguez often turns his films in for less than the amount the studio gave him, with execs having to encourage him to go back and spend more of their money.

On the DVD front, Rodriguez has been an innovator as well. A big movie fan and DVD fan himself, he's always done his best to pack in as many features as possible so that fans get their money's worth when they pick up one of his discs. Each one of his DVDs thus far has included a ten minute film school, in which Rodriguez reveals some secrets from the making of his films and gives tips to prospective film auteurs of the future.

On From Dusk Till Dawn, Rodriguez gave a documentary crew full access to the production and released a feature-length film on the making of the movie, called Full Tilt Boogie. This was included with the two-disc special edition of Dawn on DVD.

For Sin City, which is about to hit theaters on April 1, Rodriguez already has some exciting new features planned for that DVD. We spoke with Rodriguez at the Four Seasons this past weekend and he gave some details on the upcoming Sin City DVD.

Sin City is based on three graphic novels by Frank Miller (who also co-directed the project). For the feature film, Rodriguez and Miller tied the three books together so that they could flow together as one movie. For the DVD, however, viewers will have the option of watching the whole film together or watching each book separately as they appeared in the novels, complete with new footage.

"We shot the full stories of the books," Rodriguez says. "And I knew we could truncate it down, we weren't going to lose any scenes. Eventually they would all be available for people to see. The DVD will come out with the theatrical cut, and then there will be a separate disc that's got the individual episodes separate with their own title card and you could just watch The Big Fat Kill from beginning to end in its full cut as a single story and then switch over and watch The Yellow Bastard, and that's 45 minutes. It will have all the material back in, so it will be like the experience of picking up the books where you pick up one story and you read it from beginning to end and it will have all the material in it. So you can kind of shuffle your own version of the movie and just watch them all separately."

The stories will feature additional scenes that will be familiar to fans of the graphic novels. "There were some things we had cut out from [Yellow Bastard] just to pace it for a feature because they weren't supposed to be three stories put together when he first wrote them, they were all separate books. So [there were] things to sort of pace it for a feature and keep it on a through line… Mickey Rourke doesn't go visit his mom now like he did in the book and get his gun, but we shot all that and it's all great stuff. It just wasn't necessary for the feature. You wanted to be more direct in that. It's not gonna feel like, when you watch that separate disc with this material back in like, 'Oh, I can see why that was cut.' They are really terrific scenes, action scenes, a lot of stuff that people will find. I think it's going to be somewhat revolutionary to see those scenes that were cut out [to] be put back in another format, because they seem perfectly fine and they work, they just needed to be taken out for the long haul of a feature."

Rodriguez says that planning for this feature ahead of time gave them an extra freedom during production. "It really gives it another life and another experience more akin to reading the books by doing that. That's what made it easier for us to say, 'Lets just shoot everything, prepare all the effects, and then if we edit stuff out, we're not really cutting it out and people are never going to see it. They'll be able to see it in a purer form in a different format."

The separate stories will be available together with the theatrical feature in one set. "Yes, in a package and then I'm gonna have another 10 minute, it'll be a 20 minute film school probably for this one because there's so many things. And I'll have another 10 minute cooking school. It will be Sin City breakfast tacos. (Laughs) We'll show you how to make a homemade flour tortilla and the best meal you can probably ever learn."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

New DVD Releases on April 5th
    Source:

The Accidental Hero (Widescreen)

Alexandra's Project

Ali Zaoua

All Grown Up: Interview with a Campfire

The American

American History X / Blow (Back-To-Back)

Amityville 3-D

The Amityville Horror (Widescreen)

The Amityville Horror Collection (Set)

Amityville II: The Possession

Antares

Austin Powers 1 & 2 (Side-By-Side)

Aztec 1948 UFO Crash

Bellydance for Romance with Jayna

Berenstain Bears: Bears Take a Car Trip

Best Motoring: Factory Fighters

Bill Maher: Be More Cynical

The Bodyguard / Laws of Attraction (Back-To-Back)

Bonanza Town

Brian Hooks' All Starz Live

Buddy

Cafe Tacvba

Camp Fear

Capstick Box Set (Boxed Set)

Capstick: Botswana Safari

Capstick: Hunting the African Elephant

Capstick: Hunting the African Lion

Capstick: Hunting the Cape Buffalo

Capstick: Hunting the White Rhino

Capstick: The Last Safari

Carol's Journeys

Catwoman / Gothika (Back-To-Back)

Clay Classics: God's Trombones

Clay Classics: Little Prince

Clay Classics: Martin the Cobbler

Clay Classics: Michael the Visitor

Clay Classics: Rip Van Wrinkle

Clay Classics: Star Child

The Corporation

Crash Madness I & II

Cuando Tu Me Quieras (Spanish)

Dead Doll (Full Screen)

Deep Evil

Def Poetry: Season 2

The Desperadoes

Dirty War

Dos Caballeros De Espada (Spanish)

Dragon Ball Z: Broly's Second Coming (Uncut)

Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real (Widescreen)

The Drones: Further Temptations

Ealing Comedy Collection (Set)

Eddie & the Hot Rods: Do Anything You Wanna Do

Edgeplay: A Film About the Runaways

Egypt's Golden Empire

El Bola

El Indio (Spanish)

Elektra

Empires: The Greeks, Crucible of Civilization (Widescreen)

Empires: The Medici, Godfathers Of The Renaissance

Falling Angels

Flame of Recca Volume 3: Angel of Fire

Francis Dunnery: Live at the Union Chapel

Friday / Friday After Next (Side-By-Side)

Full Metal Panic (Special Edition)

Fullmetal Alchemis Volume 2: Scarred Man (Uncut)

Gargoyles: Guardian of the Gates

Genesis: Video Show

Ginger & Cinnamon

Ginger: Far From Home

Good Day For A Hanging (Widescreen)

The Graduate (Widescreen)

The Grave Digger Collection

The Greatest American Hero: Season Two

The Hand Of Death

Hangman's Knot / Desperado (Set)

He Died with a Felafel in his Hand

Hop

I Am David

Inch Allah Dimanche

The Intruder

Inu-Yasha Volume 28: Promise of the Past

Jay Z: Fade To Black

Jubal (Widescreen)

La Duquesa Diabolica (Spanish)

Learn to Bellydance with Rania

Leaves from Satan's Book

Legacy Of Rage

Life Behind Bars / Bar 2 Bar 2002

Light of My Eyes

Long Life, Happiness & Prosperity

Love Life

Lust For Gold

MacKenna's Gold / The Missing (Set)

Magnum

The Man from Colorado / The Quick & the Dead (Side-By-Side)

Man of the Year

Manito

Marion Bridge

Mark Of The Witch / The Brides Wore Blood

Men They Couldn't Hang: Shooting

Mes 17 Ans

Middle of the World

The Mirror

Mischief

Miss Congeniality / A Cinderella Story (Side-By-Side)

Monster Jam World Finals 3 Collection

More

Morlang

Mountain Men / Old Gringo (Side-By-Side)

Next Level Volume 1

Nuns On The Run

OT: Our Town

The Party's Over

The Professionals (Widescreen Special Edition)

Queer As Folk: The Complete 4th Season (Boxed Set)

Rage in Placid Lake

Raja

A Reason To Believe

Reform School Girl

Republic of Love

Ripe

The Roman Empire in the First Century

Roy Orbison: Live from Australia

Runaway Daughters

Sacred Planet

Secondhand Lions / Goonies (Side-By-Side)

Sideways

Silverado (Gift Set)

Spanglish (Widescreen)

Spooky Encounters

Starsky & Hutch / The Big Bounce (Side-By-Side)

Steal

Suburban Madness (Widescreen)

Sweethearts

Talking Picture (Widescreen)

Texas

Texas Chainsaw Massacre / The Butterfly Effect (Side-By-Side)

The Texican (Widescreen)

Todd World: Hi, I'm Todd

Todd World: Todd's Best Friends

Totally Out of Control (Set)

Troy / The Last Samurai (Side-By-Side)

Ultramaniac Magical Girl 1

Ultramaniac Magical Girl 1 (Collector's Box Set)

Velvet Underground: Velvet Redux Live MCMXCIII

The Violent Men (Widescreen)

Viva Laldjerie

Warriors Two

The West Wing: The Complete Fourth Season (Rental)

The West Wing: The Complete Fourth Season

The West Wing: The First Term (Set)

Wilby Wonderful

Winners And Sinners

Winning the Lottery

With or Without You (Full Screen)

Witnesses

Wolves in the Snow

Word Wars

World Finals 2 Collection

WWE: Divas 2005

Zero Day

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

New CD Releases on April 5th
    Source: TMPS

NEW CD RELEASES FOR APRIL 5, 2005

Absurd Minds The Focus (w/three bonus remixes) (Dancing Ferret)

ALOGIA Secret Spheres of Art (Locomotive)

Anointed Now Is the Time (Columbia)

Astral Doors Evil Is Forever (Locomotive)

Beelow Presents Louisiana's Sickest (Juvenile & Boosie) (Bungalo)

Benevento/Russo Duo Best Reason to Buy the Sun (Ropeadope)

Blivit Unhand the World (enhanced CD w/video game) (Crimson Five)

bloom. OSinner (Fighting Records)

Bludshot Another Day (Bludshot)

Blue Rodeo Are You Ready

Brainstorm Liquid Monster (Metal Blade)

British Sea Power Open Season (ICE #217) (Rough Trade)

Choose Your Own Adventure The Long Defeat (Sit-n-Spin)

Corrosion of Conformity In the Arms of God (Sanctuary)

Alex Cortiz Magnifico (Varèse Sarabande)

The Crystal Method Community Service II (mix CD w/exclusive remixes of the Smashing Pumpkins, New Order and the Door) (3AM/Ultra)

Dirty Projectors The Getty Address (Western Vinyl)

DJ Skribble Perfecto Presents...Spring Break (mix CD w/exclusive tracks) (Thrive)

Doppler, Inc. Nu Instrumental (Favored Nations)

Early Man Early Man EP (Monitor)

Earth, Wind & Fire Illumination (Sanctuary)

Eligh (of Living Legends) Enigma (guests Murs, Scarub and Robert Miranda) (Legendary)

Faith Evans First Lady (ICE #215) (Capitol)

Eyeball Skeleton #1 (My Pal God)

Fantômas Suspended Animation (available in deluxe limited edition; all editions include 30-page calendar w/artwork by renowned artist Yoshimoto Nara) (Ipecac)

Far from Finished East Side of Nowhere (Victory)

Fischerspooner Odyssey (co-produced by Mirwais; songwriting collaborations w/Linda Perry and writer Susan Sontag) (Capitol)

Scott Fisher Scott Fisher (1 AM Approach)

Fripp and Eno The Equatorial Stars (first new collaboration in 30 years) (Discipline Global Media)

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band XXL (DualDisc; 2003 album) (Silverline)

Graveworm (N)utopia (Nuclear Blast)

Greater California Somber Wurlitzer (Earthling)

The Gun Shys The Gun Shys (Aeronaut)

Tord Gustavsen Trio The Ground (ECM)

Anthony Hamilton Live (Jive)

Scott Hamilton & the Bill Charlap Trio Back in New York (Concord)

Hammerfall Chapter 5 (Nuclear Blast)

Fareed Haque Group Cosmic Hug (Magna Carta)

Hot Hot Heat Elevator (Warner Bros.)

Issam Houshan Wassan Pharaon (Ark 21)

Illanotix Killa Products (EV Productions)

Ray J. Raydiation (Sanctuary)

Brandon Jenkins Down in Flames (Western Soul)

KOMA Sinonimo de Ofender (CD/DVD combo) (Locomotive)

Charles Lloyd Jumping the Creek (ICE #216) (ECM)

Longshot Open Mouths Fed (EV Productions)

Lost City Angels Broken World (produced by Sean Slade and Paul Q. Kolderie) (Universal Motown)

Magnolia Electric Co. What Comes After the Blues (Secretly Canadian)

Keiko Matsui Walls of Akendora (Narada)

Irvin Mayfield Strange Fruit (ICE #217) (Basin Street)

Donnie McClurkin Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual Songs (Jive)

Kate McGarry Mercy Streets (Palmetto)

Neaera The Rising Tide of Oblivion (Metal Blade)

Calvin Newborn New Born (Yellow Dog)

NewFound Road Somewhere Between (Mountain Home)

OCS 3 & 4 (two CDs) (Narnack)

Okkervil River Black Sheep Boy (Secretly Canadian)

The Pale Pacific Rules Are Predictable EP (SideCho)

Ellis Paul American Jukebox Fables (Rounder)

Pepper's Ghost Shake the Hand That Shook the World (Hybrid)

Lisa Marie Presley Now What (guests Pink and Sex Pistol's Steve Jones; w/cover of Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry"; ICE #217) (Capitol)

Pretendo Pretendo (54º40' or Fight!)

Razah Breath of Fresh Air (Virgin)

Red Letter Agent Burn the Good Ones Down (H Bar)

Reel Big Fish We're Not Happy Til You're Not Happy (w/cover of Morrissey's "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful") (Jive)

Reverb Swirl (Elephant Stone)

Serena Ryder Unlikely Emergency (ICE #216) (Isadora)

Diane Schuur with the Caribbean Jazz Project Schuur Fire (ICE #217) (Concord)

Self Against City Take It How You Want It EP (Drive-Thru)

The Sound of Urchin The Diamond (Hybrid)

A Static Lullaby Faso Latido (Columbia)

Strength in Numbers The Veil (Victory)

Supersuckers Devil's Food (Mid-Fi)

Suzy Thompson Stop & Listen (ICE #217) (Arhoolie)

Todd Purity Pledge (Southern)

Vast Aire & DJ Mighty Mi (members of Cannibal Ox and Hi & Mighty) The Best Damn Rap Show (guest Tame One) (Eastern Conference)

Aaron Watson Live at the Texas Hall of Fame (RED)

White Circle Crime Club Written in Black (54º40' or Fight!)

Yellow #5 (current and former members of Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss and more) Demon Crossing (guest Chris Goss of Masters of Reality) (Scat)

Eli Young Band Level (Carnival/RED)

Z-Trip Mega Mix (Hollywood)

VA Bonnaroo 2004 (two CDs; live tracks from Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews, My Morning Jacket and more) (Sanctuary)

VA Electro Bossa (two CDs; Brazilian electronica compilation) (Varèse Sarabande)

VA Everything Comes and Goes: A Tribute to Black Sabbath (w/Four Tet, Matmos, Ruins and more) (Temporary Residence)

VA International DeeJay Gigolo Records Compilation 8 (compiled by DJ Hell; includes rare and exclusive tracks) (Gigolo)

VA One More: The Music of Thad Jones (ICE #217) (IPO)

VA S.U.R.G.E. Presents Volume #1 (Sanctuary)

VA Verve Remixed 3 (ICE #217) (Verve)

OST Millions (new action/comedy film from director of "Trainspotting") (Milan)

OST Music from the O.C.: Mix 4 (Fox TV show; w/Beck, Modest Mouse, the Futureheads and more) (Warner Bros.)

DVD Edgeplay: A Film About the Runaways (ICE #216) (Image)

DVD The Game The Documentary - The DVD (Interscope)

DVD Bebo Valdes and Diego el Cigala Blanco y Negro: Bebo & Cigala en Vivo (two DVDs; ICE #217) (RCA Victor)

DVD VA You See Me Laughin': The Last of the Hill Country Bluesmen (ICE #217) (Fat Possum)

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

New Comic-Book Releases on April 6th
    Source: DCD
    DARK HORSE

STAR20336 HELLSING VOL 1 TP $13.95

DC COMICS

FEB050331 AUTHORITY KEV TP (MR) $14.99
    STAR16572 BATMAN DARK VICTORY TP $19.95
    FEB050269 BLOOD OF THE DEMON #2 $2.50
    FEB050272 DC THE NEW FRONTIER VOLUME 2 TP $19.99
    FEB050280 DEADSHOT #5 (OF 5) $2.99
    FEB050245 DETECTIVE COMICS #805 $2.99
    FEB050318 ELFQUEST SEARCHER AND THE SWORD SC $14.99
    FEB050278 FIRESTORM #12 $2.50
    FEB050337 INTIMATES #6 (MR) $2.99
    FEB050350 JOHN CONSTANTINE HELLBLAZER SPECIAL PAPA MIDNITE #3 (OF 5) ( $2.99
    FEB050296 JUSTICE LEAGUE ELITE #10 (OF 12) $2.50
    FEB050309 JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED #8 $2.25
    FEB050264 LEX LUTHOR MAN OF STEEL #2 (OF 5) $2.99
    FEB050313 LOONEY TUNES #125 $2.25
    JAN050376 LOSERS #22 (MR) $2.99
    JAN050337 MAD ABOUT THE NINETIES TP $9.99
    FEB050305 SEVEN SOLDIERS ZATANNA #1 (OF 4) $2.99
    FEB050359 SWAMP THING #14 (MR) $2.99
    FEB050342 TWILIGHT EXPERIMENT #3 (OF 6) $2.99
    FEB050361 VERTIGO FIRST TASTE TP (MR) $4.99
    JAN050381 WITCHING #10 (MR) $2.99
    FEB050363 Y THE LAST MAN #32 (RES) (MR) $2.99