Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default WrestleMania 21 [04-03-05]

-Will both John Cena and Batista win the respective World Titles on the same night to set up the scenario of both being champions equally long when they eventually face off in an interbrand match?

-Will Batista be able to carry his end of a WrestleMania Main Event slot after not looking particularly graceful or athletic in his recent TV matches?

-Can JBL once again live up to his rep for working really hard to silence his critics by putting on a better-than-expected performance in what could be the biggest match of his entire career?

-Which announcing team will call the interbrand matches? Will Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler call the match expected to be more workrate-oriented, Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle, playing to Ross's strength? Will Michael Cole & Tazz call Undertaker vs. Randy Orton since it would include Smackdown announcers being able to openly praise the babyface and jeer the heel without breaking brand-loyalty?

-Will Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme last longer than two or three minutes?

-Will Undertaker do anything to establish some semblance of credibility Randy Orton who will be a top heel in WWE long after Taker retires, or will Taker dominate and crush Orton since Orton is taking several months off to have knee surgery?

-Will Steve Austin and Roddy Piper have chemistry together? Will Austin show a spark like in the peak days of his run on top of Raw, or will he be glassy-eyed and rusty like he seemed during his final months as Sheriff Steve on Raw?

-Can Roddy Piper deliver his planned lines as well as he did during his final Smackdown run where a lot of prep went into each of his segments, or will be ramble and lose his train of thought as he did during all of his TNA promos (which had to be heavily edited just to seem slightly coherent).

-Will Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle have the "all-time classic" that they and everyone expect them to have, or will the pressure along with Angle's potential numbness in his extremities kick in and cause it to be a disappointment?

-Will Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero be given enough ring time for their match to rival Michaels vs. Angle for best match of the night?

-What will Muhammad Hassan's role at the show be? After weeks of complaining, will Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin end up being the one to shut him up? Originally, there was talk of Hassan interrupting the Austin Piper's Pit, but Hogan's name has been rumored lately instead.

-Will Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, or Edge get the biggest rub from the Money in the Bank Ladder Match? Benoit deserves it for his tenure and main event status on Raw last year. Jericho deserves it because he's ready to be elevated again after being lost in the shuffle lately. Edge may get it because he's the heel who needs to be elevated as an opponent for Batista after Batista is done with Triple H.

-Will Matt Hardy be reintroduced on this show, perhaps showing up during Kane's match or even the women's match with Lita at ringside for Christy Hemme?

-Will Gene Snitsky, Heidenerich, or Luther Reign be involved in the show in any way?

-Will Big Show and Akebono have a battle where they show mutual respect for each other no matter what happened, and then fend off an attack together by heels?

-Will any of the four McMahons appear on camera in any way?

-Will that wide smile that Ric Flair gave Batista at Raw last week after he complimented him and thanked him for all of his help lead to an alliance between Flair and Batista that helps fend off cheating by Triple H during their main event?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

That's a lot of questions. All I know is Batista and Cena will win the titles and Hogan will probably wrestle Hassan.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh yeah, I'm definitley ordering this on PPV tomorrow. It should be a good one. Hopefully, Randy Orton will Rest In Peace! John Cena is probably going to become the new WWE champion, but I don't see Batista winning. The Game will remain World Heavyweight Champion untill he is defeated by Chris Jericho who is going to win the Money in the Bank Ladder match. I'd love to see Hogan get involved in a match with Hassan. I'm also looking forward to the Return of Piper's pit, but I think that Piper can expect to recieve a stunner!
    Last edited by cam-5150; 04.02.05 at 07:11 PM.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

somebody at least post results afterwards. i gotta get up early Monday and won't be watching.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    somebody at least post results afterwards. i gotta get up early Monday and won't be watching.
    You got it!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    Starts at 7pm EST....

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...and i'll probably be crashing shortly after that. i work 12 hour days, and Mondays we have training/meetings. i'm gonna try to be awake for one at least once this year.

Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm actually stoked about this.I haven't been this giddy for a Wrestlemania since...2002.
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Wow, Hogan is still in buisiness?! What a tough guy

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

WWE and USA Network are expected to announce that they have reached an agreement for WWE's cable package to move back to USA Network this fall. The announcement is expected to be made early this week.

One TV network source says there was serious talk during negotiations of broadcast network specials on NBC. Part of WWE's strong interest in moving from Spike TV to USA was that USA is now part of the same Universal conglomerate as NBC.

McMahon also has a great relationship with at least one key USA executive dating back to WWE's previous stint on USA Network. McMahon did not develop a close relationship with anyone at Spike TV or Viacom during its five years on the network.

Jeff Jarrett met with Spike TV in New York this week to discuss the potential of TNA moving to the cable channel this fall after WWE's programming contract expires. Jarrett was said to be "extremely upbeat" and "optimistic" coming out of the meeting.

Spike executives are said to be interested because it is an established product with a three year track record of producing network-ready shows, plus the pricetag would be much lower than WWE to make up for what would certainly be lower ratings initially than what Spike is used to. Plus, Spike officials walked away from negotiations with Vince McMahon with animosity toward WWE. "Vince has a way of being pompous in those types of meetings, and network execs aren't used to that. They're used to being the pompous ones," says one source familiar with the situation.

There isn't any confirmation whether there is any clause in its contract with WWE that would prevent it from airing TNA immediately after the final WWE Raw program airs. Conceivably, TNA could be introduced to Raw viewers by airing a one-hour special immediately following the final Raw broadcast or airing in Raw's timeslot the following week.

Spike TV would be able to provide production funding to allow TNA to increase the quality of the look and feel of the show so it would fully compete with WWE on that level. The influx of revenue from Spike would also allow TNA to run actual arenas rather than running tapings exclusively at Universal Studios, assuming TNA wanted to shake-up that aspect of its shows.

TNA has also had recent discussions with one other major cable network that would be able to clear a weekday primetime slot for the program.

There is one major top level star who has expressed serious interest in working for TNA should it ever get a national primetime television clearance. His involvement from the onset would assure TNA of attracting WWE fans from day one of any new primetime clearance.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, here are the results:

Batista def. HHH
    John Cena def. JBL
    Angle def. HBK
    Undertaker def. Orton
    Edge won the Ladder match
    Trish def. Christy
    Akebono def. Big Show
    Mysterio def. Guerrero
    Last edited by cam-5150; 04.03.05 at 09:40 PM.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Thanks for posting the results. Absolutely no suprises, which is why I don't watch WWE anymore. It is so predictable.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wasn't really impressed with the show.

It at times didn't even 'feel' like Wrestlemania and was just another PPV.

I may be one of the biggest HBK fans out there, and I will say this:

I think Shawn should now hang em up for good. The guy is so much a shell of his former self. While he was never really a big guy, his physique was great. What I watched was some skinny guy taking on Kurt Angle. It was embarrasing for Shawn who self-proclaimed himself "Mr. Wrestlemania".

It was exciting when he returned to wrestle in 2002 after four years away because of the back injury. Its just not the same.

Watch his matches when he was the top singles wrestler in WWE, 1992-1998 (especially matches from 1995-1998)-- there was none better than HBK.
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 04.04.05 at 06:51 AM.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet
    I wasn't really impressed with the show.

It at times didn't even 'feel' like Wrestlemania and was just another PPV.

I may be one of the biggest HBK fans out there, and I will say this:

I think Shawn should now hang em up for good. The guy is so much a shell of his former self. While he was never really a big guy, his physique was great. What I watched was some skinny guy taking on Kurt Angle. It was embarrasing for Shawn who self-proclaimed himself "Mr. Wrestlemania".

It was exciting when he returned to wrestle in 2002 after four years away because of the back injury. Its just not the same.

Watch his matches when he was the top singles wrestler in WWE, 1992-1998 (especially matches from 1995-1998)-- there was none better than HBK.
    Rumor around the campfire is that the WWE signed Marty Jennetty to a contract, and the Rockers will be reforming so some spice could be put back into the tag team division. This will also take some of the wear and tear off of HBK.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    Rumor around the campfire is that the WWE signed Marty Jennetty to a contract, and the Rockers will be reforming so some spice could be put back into the tag team division. This will also take some of the wear and tear off of HBK.
    I'd think that would be a rumour.

I think the thing to get HBK going again is for him to turn heel.

Heel HBK back in the day was the best.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"