Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

06.06.05 @ 07:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Mean Street Guitars

Has anyone heard of them? i was brought to them by vhlinks(the random site thingaamabob)

anyway, the guy that owns the place sells kramer guitars like eddie's. he can stripe it for you too. ive read the testimonials page, and from what i read, he does an excellent job making the guitar and shipping it. and its over $1000 less than the charvel evh art series. the website is www.meanstreetguitars.com . check it out! im saving up for one of them...
    "What is understood doesn't need to be discussed"-Red Rocker

Now excuse me while I go shred my JACKSON

Last Online

08.14.17 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I purchased a 5150 unchained a few months back. The paint job is phenomenal, but the guitar is certainly not of the quality that you would get with a more expensive guitar...cheap pickup, cheap floyd rose, won't stay in tune, etc. All in all, not a bad guitar for the money, you could have the little things fixed I guess. If I had it to do over, I would order the option for the original floyd rose, not a licensed floyd rose that comes standard...also the dtuna would be nice, and probably a better pickup. The hardshell case was a nice option for only 59.00 I believe. The tone of the guitar is pretty good, I'm just mainly having trouble keeping the thing in tune. It may be that the tuners are garbage.

I'm used to playing Les Pauls which rarely exhibit any of these problems.
    Last edited by mikelong; 04.02.05 at 10:55 AM.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

poundcake & hot for teacher
    Last Online

04.27.07 @ 07:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree with mikelong.........

the paint job is great......i bought a striped music man from him.....the neck was not striaght, it had a hard time staying in tune, and the official license floyd rose trem.....sucked...... must get a "REAL" floyd!!!!! maybe one of these day i'll just rip it apart and rebuild it to specs. at the mean time is it just a wall decoration ......... the price you pay is the quality you gonna get.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

poundcake & hot for teacher
    Last Online

04.27.07 @ 07:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh ..... if you want to talk to a guy who understands the "brown-sound" ......goto "www.rolsguitars.com"

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

pretty much all of them
    Last Online

04.02.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

licensed floyds suck.
    What do you mean i dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

I bought and just received my Unchained EVH 5150 Replica a few days ago after a 3 month wait.
    The paint job is unbelieveable. The attention to detail is very good, it even has burn marks that match. It's a light guitar because of the Alder wood and sits and feels comfortable in my hands. The neck is nice and straight, no problems there.

However I was less than happy once I started playing it. I haven't had any problems with it staying in tune. At first I noticed the neck is high off the body and the pickup and bridge sit high because of it. The pickup sits high and is a little uncomfortable to play when muting strings. When I plugged it in it sounds very thin. IT does'nt have good sustain and pinch harmonics don't sustain well. I noticed that the pickup is pretty far away from the strings which is probably why thats like that.

I emailed Mitchell twice and my emails went unanswered.

Yesterday I dropped it off and I"m having them go through the entire guitar. It's going to cost me about $150 plus parts to route the pickup deeper into the pocket, shave the base of the neck down, have the floyd sit flush with the body, throw in a JB Duncan (I have no idea what he threw in it) and set it all back up.

I don't mind the fact that I"m spending another $200 bucks to make this guitar to my specs, its the fact that I didn't get a response when I asked for assistance.