fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Default Can u honestly?

its been a while now since the boys released their 3 new songs and since we all had orgasms as a result of it.
    fort me, my BOBW was left in my cd player that had to go back to volvo..and its been 6 months..i aint getting it back..so, luckily, i have the 3 songs on my computer.and i recently found them and am listening to them right now..
    my questions is...can u honestly listen to these songs and NOT love them?
    everytime i hear them, i am happy and blown away. Ed is truly a musical genious aND these 3 songs are so VH and tasty..

your opinion?
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    its been a while now since the boys released their 3 new songs and since we all had orgasms as a result of it.
    fort me, my BOBW was left in my cd player that had to go back to volvo..and its been 6 months..i aint getting it back..so, luckily, i have the 3 songs on my computer.and i recently found them and am listening to them right now..
    everytime i hear them, i am happy and blown away. Ed is truly a musical genious aND these 3 songs are so VH and tasty..

your opinion?
    I agree, smokin tunes.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

your opinion?
    Yes!

The lyrics of Up For Breakfast are horrendous and should never have seen the light of day. They are so ridiculous that they make the song unlistenable for me.

The lyrics to It's About Time sound like something you'd hear at a pep rally. Rah Rah, we're back, hey hey we're the Monkees kinda shit. Shouldn't have seen the light of day. As I've said before, if Motley Crue had released this song to coincide with their reunion, we'd all have laughed our asses off at their lameness. Lameness is lameness!

The other song, hell I can't even remember the name of it right now, and it's the best of the three. That pretty much says something!

I didn't buy BOBW and I never will. No need because I have all the albums, and don't need to spend 25 bucks on those three crappy tunes.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default learning to see

The intro to learning to see just gets to me. I love it! It sounds like the guitar is crying, its such a bad ass song.

And the rest of them too.
    Last edited by AJHV; 04.01.05 at 11:07 AM.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:47 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

I agree completely. I still love all there. Up for Breakfast's lyrics aren't good, but the music itself is. I think they pulled off Learning to See quit well live- I don't why they dropped it.

It's About Time smokes. Heavy/loud as hell.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I kinda like IABT better than I ever have at this point, but that ain't sayin
    much. Big juicy tone and the chorus kinda grooves, but for the most part,
    it stills sounds cobbled together. Like UFB, the lyric does it in. And Sam's
    melody is just weak and arythmic - it just doesn't work. I think with a
    different vocal it would have been much stronger. Honestly.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Yes!

The lyrics to It's About Time sound like something you'd hear at a pep rally. Rah Rah, we're back, hey hey we're the Monkees kinda shit. Shouldn't have seen the light of day..
    LMAO Two four six eight who do we appreciate
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.15.05 @ 03:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, VH could polish a turd and people would like it. Sammy Hagar should not be allowed to write lyrics. He can sing, but he's one of the worst lyricists of all time. These songs were an embarrassment to the VH legacy.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I love how ppl on this board can take shots at other folks for actually being a Van Halen fan. Gosh, who would have thought that a VH board would have so many damn fans of the band on there. Puzzling.

As for me, I liked the songs for what they were. A lil taste of rock n roll before the boys hit the road. Those songs weren't meant to light the damn world on fire. Of course that's just my opinion.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    I love how ppl on this board can take shots at other folks for actually being a Van Halen fan. Gosh, who would have thought that a VH board would have so many damn fans of the band on there. Puzzling.

As for me, I liked the songs for what they were. A lil taste of rock n roll before the boys hit the road. Those songs weren't meant to light the damn world on fire. Of course that's just my opinion.
    And your opinion is correct.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

funny, i thought there was more to a song than just lyrics..especially if the edward was playin!
    a turd? that's stretching it a bit i think.
    have you listened to UFB w/o the lyrics?
    it is pure VH music..
    and IAT is pure edward VH..and LTS..that is just one hell of a good Sammy-era Vh song.
    who cares about the fucking lyrics?
    who has ever cared about the lyrics since DLR left anyway?

are you guys still waiting for eruption II?

what surprises me the most is there are 3 distinct new songs. each one touches on something particular about VH, i think on purpose.
    IAT is something new..its not VH3 type of new, but current new..
    UFB is old-school style VH in its theme..like beautiful girls, or outta love..simple, groovin, sexual innuendo..
    and LTS is pure sammy-era VH w/ meaning..or an attempt at it.
    so by rejecting all 3 , you r telling the boys , and ed in particular, tahat unless he sticks to the same old, tired, and narrow formula, you aint buying it.
    and that is why he released these 3 types of songs..to see what direction you like the most..especially after he was burned so bad and so pathetically by his "fans" after VH3....

c'mon, what the hell do u want from these guys?

i'll bet you guys listen more to other music than VH!!

ok, my rant is over..
    Last edited by perticelli; 04.01.05 at 12:20 PM.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.15.05 @ 03:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece

Nothing personal, I just tell it like I see it. Doesn't mean its right. If this is all they could come up with after a six year layoff were Eddie said he had at least 3 albums recorded, than that doesn't bode well for the future. VH1-1984 was the last time VH lit the world on fire. These new songs were played less on the radio than the Cherone stuff and were throwaways. Compare these 3 to the two new songs on greatest hits 1. At least those were inspired.

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Ok, I happen to love UFB. It is a fun song. To me the lyrics aren't much different from (far as writing/topic goes) Ice Cream Man or Hot for Teacher. I was just happy to be getting something new from the boys! I'll take whatever they put out and probably love it.
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by gonzochunga
    Nothing personal, I just tell it like I see it. Doesn't mean its right. If this is all they could come up with after a six year layoff were Eddie said he had at least 3 albums recorded, than that doesn't bode well for the future. VH1-1984 was the last time VH lit the world on fire. These new songs were played less on the radio than the Cherone stuff and were throwaways. Compare these 3 to the two new songs on greatest hits 1. At least those were inspired.
    But that's my thing man, I don't compare the three latest VH songs to the Roth tunes on BOV1. I just accept them for what they are and move on. I'm sure they could have come up with more tunes that would have been accepted more, but they did this all pretty quickly. They didn't want to record for a few months then hit the road. They wanted to get out there and play so they recoreded those three new songs and got out there. I don't have a problem with any of the new songs.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

UFB is old-school style VH in its theme..like beautiful girls, or outta love..simple, groovin, sexual innuendo..
    and LTS is pure sammy-era VH w/ meaning..or an attempt at it.
    so by rejecting all 3 , you r telling the boys , and ed in particular, tahat unless he sticks to the same old, tired, and narrow formula, you aint buying it.

Wait a minute, UFB is old school, 78-84 VH. And LTS is pure Sammy era, 86-95 VH. And by rejecting them, I'm telling Eddie to stick to what he's done before??

That makes no sense!

and that is why he released these 3 types of songs..to see what direction you like the most..
    Really, when did he say that?

especially after he was burned so bad and so pathetically by his "fans" after VH3....
    Well, I'm one of his 'fans' that wishes he'd stayed with Gary and followed that through. VH 3 was, at the very least, interesting, which is miles ahead of the BOBW tracks.

c'mon, what the hell do u want from these guys?
    Good songs!