Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default If VH/Aerosmith tour happens,,,,,,,,,,?

Lets say they are hitting the road together in September as the persistent rumors suggest.
    When would be the most likely time frame for an announcement and for tickets to go on sale?

I'm guessing sometime around Memorial Day, that would make for a little over 3 months for ticket sales and such. But maybe they should do it sooner for those wondering where they will spend their money this summer for concerts and loose out when fans don't have enough money left because they gave it too U2, The Stones and Bruce Springsteen.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

1984/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

DD Legs,Humans Being
    Last Online

07.23.09 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll throw a couple of other "if this happens" out there too:

IF they tour, will the setlist change? Of course it would be shorter, but would 5150, Summer Nights (for example) replace some songs that have been staples for so long??

IF they tour, will we be getting a new album (say even tour starts Sept, new release in Nov) to go along with the tour, or would this be them testing the waters with Sam ??(and ok, grabbing some loot too, which is ok with me)

I'm not sure what my opinions are on either of these, but I am curious to hear what others think...

As for the original question, I think an April announcement with May ticket sales would make sense....
    Last edited by DaveB; 03.31.05 at 07:07 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Live Right Here, Right now
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

11.19.10 @ 01:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Cabo Wabo Time

You also know that Sammy will still do his bash in October

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

As much as I want to see VH again, I don't want them to split the bill with Aerosmith. Shorter setlist which would mean no new songs would be added (i.e. "Summer Nights", "5150").
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

VH1, FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Show No Merc
    Last Online

10.20.06 @ 08:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If they eliminate Mike & Al's solo and shorten Ed's (I mean he HAS to do Eruption, right?) the set list will fit nicely into the 1:45 each band is likely to get. Now, they could switch up a few songs as I'm sure they will but they would still be able to do the same 16-18 songs.
    Van Halen Live: 15 shows.
    Have I seen my last one?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

As great as it would be to see these 2 bands together, both of which I have seen live, I could not go to a show without VH closing. it doesn't matter if Hendrix was closing I would still want VH. It would be good if they booked 2 nights in each city and they each played concerts individually. I love Aerosmith and they put on one hell of a show, but I could not see Van Halen open for any band.

I personally think this is all rumours and with both band's huge ego's I doubt Sammy, Eddie, Alex would want to be labelled as an opening act(being that this is not a festival who ever plays first would be the opening act). Sammy has said in interviews that when he went on tour with Dave in 2002 he was shocked at the fact that on every other night he would have to open for Dave.

I'd love to see VH back, period. But I would prefer them to be going solo and not with another band.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.02.05 @ 11:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I hope this doesn't happen...

While I love and respect Aero -- well, 70s Aero anyways -- I just don't think VH should open for anyone, especially at this point. And to be even more honest, Aero's always been a bit hypocritical towards VH.

I've seen enough Aero documentaries (VH-1, MTV, etc...) and read enough of their books (Walk This Way, etc...) to clearly see that the boys from beantown actually feel responsible for VH's success?!?? All they ever go on about is how they were goin' down the toilet in the late 70s and how this "left the door open" for VH and other bands to "pass them by." Fuck that.

They've also quite often painted VH as an "Aeromsith replacement band." You know, as just some band who got big while Aero went through their shit and were basically just filling a gap left by Aero in the early 80s. Again, that is such utter bullshit I wanna puke. So the thought of VH opening for a band that has taken quite a few shots at them -- in between sometimes complimenting them -- is not cool in my book.

Sure, money wise it would be great. The exposure would be great, too. But man, I'd hope that VH would have the pride to not take this gig, if in fact it has been offered. Van Halen is a band that changed the face of rock and reinvented the guitar. NO WAY they should open for Aero. Why? Cuz Aero has been around 4 or 5 years longer and played the game better by bringin' in outside songwriters and being MTV whores? Screw that.

In my humble opinion, Van Halen opening for Aerosmith -- especially here in the states, -- would be very sad. The only way I'd go for it is if they switched slots at every show...and you know Lord Tyler and his ego won't go for that. So hopefully EVH and his ego won't go for this, either.

I mean, come on, the only living rock guitarist to reinvent the instrument (and the only one other than Hendrix to ever do it) opening for Joe Perry and Brad Whitford as they play songs written by Desmond Child? Puleez...

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

The only way Vanhagar plays in front of soldout gigs again, is gonna be a split bill with someone like Aerosmith. This would actually be a decent deal for the fans of both bands. Aerosmith can bring it live. That would keep VH on its toes
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

IF this tour happens, I would pay to see it. I enjoy both bands (Obviously enjoy VH more!)

It would be nice to see some different songs on the setlist, and perhaps a new album to come out at some point, but hell, I'd just be happy to see VH tour. Everything else is just a bonus!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I think If this thing happens , you can forget about a new record until 2006 . If VH were planning on a new release , they would go out on their own ! I've got the feeling this double bill tour , will be to promote a 2004 tour DVD and something similar for Aero .
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

If this happens here are a few observations, and some of them kinda suck.

1) VH will be opening, they might call it co-headlining, but when you are the first band every night, you are the opener no matter what you call it.

2) They will only play 90 minutes. That is how much time KISS received when they did this a couple years ago.

3) There is no way that VH could tour and put out an album at the same time. It takes VH forever and a day anymore in the studio to come up with an album, now way they can pump one out in a few months.

4) The good news is that Sam said at the end of the reunion tour that the only way he would tour with VH anymore would be if he was back as an equal member and not a hired gun, so if they do tour hopefully that means that Sam will be back on full time instead of part time and with a contract instead of a handshake.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 04.01.05 at 09:37 AM.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH1, FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Show No Merc
    Last Online

10.20.06 @ 08:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When Kiss toured with Aero a few years ago, Kiss went on first every night? And I know they had a 3rd smaller band as the true "opener" anyway. If I remember right, both Kiss & Aero played the same time (about 90 mins or so) but I'm sure if they flipped at the shows.

Depending on the stage set up (and we know Kiss is alot more about a stage show than VH or Aero), it may have just made more sense for Kiss to go on first.

Realistically, VH & Aero could have the same stage and just change the equipment & the banner background for each.
    Van Halen Live: 15 shows.
    Have I seen my last one?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel
    If this happens here are a few observations, and some of them kinda suck.

1) VH will be opening, they might call it co-headlining, but when you are the first band every night, you are the opener no matter what you call it.

2) They will only play 90 minutes. That is how much time KISS received when they did this a couple years ago.

3) There is no way that VH could tour and put out an album at the same time. It takes VH forever and a day anymore in the studio to come up with an album, now way they can pump one out in a few months.

4) The good news is that Sam said at the end of the reunion tour that the only way he would tour with VH anymore would be if he was back as an equal member and not a hired gun, so if they do tour hopefully that means that Sam will be back on full time instead of part time and with a contract instead of a handshake.

Regarding number 4, when did Sam say this? It isn't that I don't believe you, I just don't remember him saying this, I just want a little background. Thanks.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ericjt
    When Kiss toured with Aero a few years ago, Kiss went on first every night? And I know they had a 3rd smaller band as the true "opener" anyway. If I remember right, both Kiss & Aero played the same time (about 90 mins or so) but I'm sure if they flipped at the shows.

Depending on the stage set up (and we know Kiss is alot more about a stage show than VH or Aero), it may have just made more sense for Kiss to go on first.

Realistically, VH & Aero could have the same stage and just change the equipment & the banner background for each.
    When I saw KISS/Aero it was: Saliva opening for like 35 minutes, then Aero for about 1:45, then KISS for about the same. Seemed like a 35 to 40 minute stage change between Aero and KISS, that would be less with VH/Aero since there's nothing really extravagant stage wise between the 2...unlike KISS.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sure, money wise it would be great. The exposure would be great, too. But man, I'd hope that VH would have the pride to not take this gig, if in fact it has been offered. Van Halen is a band that changed the face of rock and reinvented the guitar. NO WAY they should open for Aero. Why? Cuz Aero has been around 4 or 5 years longer and played the game better by bringin' in outside songwriters and being MTV whores? Screw that."

1.Aerosmith has gave fans more than Van Halen has. One album
    in 10 years?

2.While Joe Perry and Brad Whiteford aren't top 30 guitarist, they
    are a great guitar group.

3.Didn't Van Halen use outside writers? I thought Desmond Child
    produced a few songs... But I can;t remember 100%.