Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

03.26.17 @ 05:05 AM
    Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts

Default Just my opinion

Look, we had a concert run with Sam, Now I think they should eat their egos and do a summer tour with Dave. Ok so the guy can't sing like he once did and his lines are the same. I believe that when any band goes back to their original line up people come out in droves to see it. We have had Sammy off and on since 1986. For once I would like to hear some Bottoms up, Take your whiskey home, Hot for teacher, beautiful girls, Ice Cream Man, etc. I think with a few months of rehersal, a couple of new songs, Dave would be back in form. You know he would work out again hard to get in shape and can you imagine how the packed house would react at the first concert when you hear Hot For Teacher start up and off the drum riser jumps Diamond Dave? Sends chills through me just thinking about it! I know this is a pro Sammy site, and I enjoy Sam, but the above would be awesome!

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DAVE IS NOT COMING BACK!!! AND HE CAN'T SING ANYMORE ANYWAY!!! THE GUY IS WASHED UP AND OVER THE HILL. TIME TO MOVE ON.

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS?
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:38 AM
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts

Donor

So...there's like a mini Roth cult in Louisville, apparently. Seems like a lot of Davey Krishnas seem to hail from Kentucky.

Must be all that bluegrass.

Favorite VH Album

like choosing among children
    Favorite VH Song

damn...drop dead legs?Unchaine
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:15 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meleboy
    Look, we had a concert run with Sam, Now I think they should eat their egos and do a summer tour with Dave. Ok so the guy can't sing like he once did and his lines are the same. I believe that when any band goes back to their original line up people come out in droves to see it. We have had Sammy off and on since 1986. For once I would like to hear some Bottoms up, Take your whiskey home, Hot for teacher, beautiful girls, Ice Cream Man, etc. I think with a few months of rehersal, a couple of new songs, Dave would be back in form. You know he would work out again hard to get in shape and can you imagine how the packed house would react at the first concert when you hear Hot For Teacher start up and off the drum riser jumps Diamond Dave? Sends chills through me just thinking about it! I know this is a pro Sammy site, and I enjoy Sam, but the above would be awesome!

They need good, NEW songs irregardless if its Dave, Sam, gary, or Singer x.
    They need a guitarist who is sober/sane/cancer free

I am a fan from the beginning and I love Dave. Dave woulda worked in '96 or 2000. I wouldn't be so sure it would work out to well as most people my age are a little up in the years to be shelling out top dollar for the experience. dave is the easy answer but probably not the prudent one. Dave's sanity is also questionable.

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Little Monster
    AND HE CAN'T SING ANYMORE ANYWAY!!!
    Ah. This is your opinion, now, is it? I certainly don't believe it's an accurate statement. In the last few years, Dave has been putting much more effort into singing live. He's hitting most of the notes and getting most of the words. Anybody who listens to recent bootlegs would HAVE to agree... unless their "Dave is washed up" bias is too strong, that is. Give the guy a chance. His voice is in great shape. His upper register is sounding more pure than it has in years. His singing technique must have improved, because the guy is producing a much healthier sound now than he ever did.

Does he miss a few high notes? Yeah. He always did. Sammy does the same. Dave's out there doing the songs in their original keys. Sammy does them (the ones from his era, at least) a half step down, but most people assume that because they're the same songs, he can still hit the notes. Not so. These guys have aged. If you want to say that Dave has lost a bit off the top of his range (which is, I believe, what you were implying anyway), you have to say Sammy has, too. Anything else carries the implication that one has lost "it" but the other hasn't.

Besdies, what is wrong with wanting a Dave tour? Would you not go and see it? If not, that is your loss. It's the original lineup. Why wouldn't people want to see it?
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    So...there's like a mini Roth cult in Louisville, apparently. Seems like a lot of Davey Krishnas seem to hail from Kentucky.

Must be all that bluegrass.

Hey...im from ky and im not a rothtard

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Last year with Sammy.
    This year Roth.
    That leaves next year for Cherone.

That's scary.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., Fair Warning, WACF,1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.10.05 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by meleboy
    Lol as much as we would like that it can't happen, not this year, Sam and Mike will be on tour till bout may I think and these Aerosmith VH tour rumours are heating up, newspapers and E! are even mentioning a possible tour. And the Aerosmith camp isn't denying anything like they usually do. And this is a very pro Sam site because of the Roth Army, sometimes I think this site should be called Sam Air Force or something like that lol, it's a joke people don't start flaming me I love Sam and Dave. It's just impossible for a Roth reunion nowdays.
    "The wold doesent revolve around DLR, but I like to think so" DLR May 1984

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Casemeister
    Ah. This is your opinion, now, is it? I certainly don't believe it's an accurate statement. In the last few years, Dave has been putting much more effort into singing live. He's hitting most of the notes and getting most of the words. Anybody who listens to recent bootlegs would HAVE to agree... unless their "Dave is washed up" bias is too strong, that is. Give the guy a chance. His voice is in great shape. His upper register is sounding more pure than it has in years. His singing technique must have improved, because the guy is producing a much healthier sound now than he ever did.

Does he miss a few high notes? Yeah. He always did. Sammy does the same. Dave's out there doing the songs in their original keys. Sammy does them (the ones from his era, at least) a half step down, but most people assume that because they're the same songs, he can still hit the notes. Not so. These guys have aged. If you want to say that Dave has lost a bit off the top of his range (which is, I believe, what you were implying anyway), you have to say Sammy has, too. Anything else carries the implication that one has lost "it" but the other hasn't.

Besdies, what is wrong with wanting a Dave tour? Would you not go and see it? If not, that is your loss. It's the original lineup. Why wouldn't people want to see it?
    Guy makes a point. Anyone would want to see Dave or Sam if they were touring. I can garuntee that at least half of the Roth army went to this summer's reunion tour, even if they won't admit it. Why? Cause it's Van Halen. The only reason you shouldn't be able to go to a VH concert is if you have no money or no way to get there. If you aren't going because of who's fronting, than that's just stupid.

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Last Online

02.02.07 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vheddyrmv8
    Guy makes a point. Anyone would want to see Dave or Sam if they were touring. I can garuntee that at least half of the Roth army went to this summer's reunion tour, even if they won't admit it. Why? Cause it's Van Halen. The only reason you shouldn't be able to go to a VH concert is if you have no money or no way to get there. If you aren't going because of who's fronting, than that's just stupid.
    Half is stretching it. I've stopped by a couple times, just as an observer, and those guys don't seem to like ANYTHING. Heck, they even bash Dave!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Little Monster
    DAVE IS NOT COMING BACK!!! AND HE CAN'T SING ANYMORE ANYWAY!!! THE GUY IS WASHED UP AND OVER THE HILL. TIME TO MOVE ON.

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS?
    I couldn't have said it any better.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I am happy that Sammy Hagar is back with Van Halen. I just hope that they make a new album with him soon.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

What YankeeRose said.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I suppose Yankee is right...it was asking a lot out of VH just to get Sam back.

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

For as much shit as I talk about Dave's awful voice (and make no mistake about it, it is below average at best--in my honest opinion)

I would still be first in line for a Roth-fronted show...(as I was with the Sammy fronted show) Why? Because I love Van Halen.

I'd be so damn curious...how does Dave interact with the rest of the band? How seriously is he taking himself? What songs would they play? How would they sound? Even silly stuff like how loud would the arena be? How would fan reaction be? How many people would show up? Just curious...man...and I'm sure on many levels I'd enjoy the shit out of it.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon