Favorite VH Album

VH1,Balance,FW,and VH3
    Favorite VH Song

Panama,without you and IAT
    Last Online

05.17.11 @ 11:41 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Can Someone help me?

well heres my problem and questions.....how do you develop your own sound?is there a trick i mean does it take long to develop something like that???next question is can anyone tell me what is a good thing to practice for a beginner like myself i had guitar lessons but money has been really low this month and i was wondering if anyone could help me with the guitar?i would like to one day shred like my favorite guitar players can someone please help me???!!!!??
    Rock on MotherFucker!!!!!!
    Official VH Links Van Halen 3 fan

Bands I Have Seen Live:
    Van Halen The Smashup
    Twisted Sister Sanctity
    Loverboy Into Eternity
    WASP 2X Overkill
    LA Guns Arch Eenemy
    Stephen Percy Opeth
    Collective Soul Lamb Of God
    Motley Crue 3x Megadeth
    Queensryche 2x Aerosmith
    Amon Amarth Angels & Airwaves
    Trivium
    Children Of Bodom
    Still Remains
    Suffocation
    It Dies Today
    Poison The Well
    Shadows Fall

Last Online

02.10.12 @ 07:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The best thing you can do now, IMHO, is to find plenty of Tab and instructions on the 'net. Learn new songs by reading tab, and don't worry if they sound like @##$$ for now, you will continue to improve. Practice practice practice!
    "Alex-bocephous-Bo-Halen AAOOUGHH!!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That evolves over time but begins the day you pick up your guitar.

It ultimately comes from your fingers and your brain. As you mature as a player and expose yourself to other guitarists directly through live shows both big-time and barroom you will pick out and pick up things to add to your sound. You will have your own amp settings, stomp-box and effects settings and your choice of guitars will focus your musical voice. Maybe you're a Strat-man, or a Les Paul guy or you've got a Wolfgang or something, each offers it's own possabilities.

You should start with a direction, even though it's gonna change with time, this will give you a place to start. Eddie wanted to sound like Clapton on those great Cream albums, so this was his initial direction. The problem was that a Strat sounds like shit through a Marshall on overdrive (at least to Ed, Dave and Al). That was where the idea of putting a humbucker into a strat body came from. Then he turned down the trebble and boosted the mids and the bass on his amp, then added a single slap on his echoplex and - boom! - the "Brown Sound" was born. This has evolved from VH1 to the last album but it's fundimantally the same.
    Still, if you use Van Halen 1 as a refference, I challenge you to tell me which guitars he used on which songs. He used Frankie and his Ibanez Destroyer but there is no change in the sonic quality from song to song. I was dumbfounded while watching Hendrix on the "Isle of White" DVD when he switched to a Flying V from his Strat, I'd heard the album and knew it inside out and I had no clue he'd made a switch. These are examples of players who have their own sound.
    That comes with a lot of playing. The key is to be yourself, had Eddie only focused on being Eric Clapton he'd be pumping gas somewhere. You don't have to be Superman either, Angus Young and Billie Joe from Green Day have their own distictive sounds and neither one is going to put Steve Vai out of work. In fact those two have sold more records. They are true to themselves, if they wanted to shred then that's what they'd do. They just wanted to slam out the power-chords because that's who they are as players and more power to them.

List three players that you'd like to be able to play as well as. Then find out what makes them tick, who are their idols, what made them want to rock and then listen to those guys as well. Ultimately you should play what make's you happiest, if you do then your sound will come to you.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

VH1,Balance,FW,and VH3
    Favorite VH Song

Panama,without you and IAT
    Last Online

05.17.11 @ 11:41 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

thanks a lot guys defiantly gonna use ur advice i made a nice list of players i would like to play like and they are:1. eddie van halen 2.dave mustaine 3.dimebag darrell.....im gonna look at more songs to learn and stuff like that and im gonna mess around with my amp to try to get a killer tone and sound thanks again keep the advice coming
    Rock on MotherFucker!!!!!!
    Official VH Links Van Halen 3 fan

Bands I Have Seen Live:
    Van Halen The Smashup
    Twisted Sister Sanctity
    Loverboy Into Eternity
    WASP 2X Overkill
    LA Guns Arch Eenemy
    Stephen Percy Opeth
    Collective Soul Lamb Of God
    Motley Crue 3x Megadeth
    Queensryche 2x Aerosmith