Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

Default Spamalot

And now for something completely different. About two weeks ago I purchased tickets for this show at the Shubert theater in NYC. We're going on July 9th. This show opened on Broadway March 17th to good reviews and is based on the Monty Python classic, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I was and still am a huge Python fan and in the mid 70's couldn't wait to sit in the living room with my popcorn and at 10:30 p.m. on PBS Terry Jones would be sitting naked at the organ and open with "ITS". The cool thing was my Mom would sit and watch it with me. In fact one of my best friends who is no longer with us was nicknamed The "Twit". I can't wait to see this and the cast of Tim Curry, Hank Azaria, and David Hyde Pierce. It took Eric Idle three years to write it. I know there are a lot of Python fans on these boards so let the silliness begin.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wish I could see this play....."The Holy Grail" is one of my fav movies of all time! I read that John Cleese will not be making a physical appearance, but he did lend his voice for a taped recording of God that will play during the show!

The casting was excellent....I listened to an interview with Tim Curry and he sounded really excited about being given the chance to do this.

"We are the Knights who say......"

From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

"Come over here and I'll bite your kneecaps off!"

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

Finally saw this show yesterday and it was great. The Shubert is a great venue to see a show. A classic, old theater. The best bits of the Holy Grail were done and were hilarious. Plus, the search and discovery of the Grail itself was pure Python. If you get a chance to go, please get yourself a ticket to this one. We had a balcony seat which gave a real amazing view of the stage. I won't give away the ending or some of the show secrets until I receive a...... "Shrubbery."
    On a personal note I lost a close friend within the last two weeks and this show really helped me get out of the funk I've been in. Please go if you can, you will enjoy it even if you are not a fan of the movie.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my mom hates python, and i LOVE it....i wish i could see spamalot...."what are you gonna do, bleed on me?"
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I will definitely go see Spamalot when it comes to Detroit, but it likely won't for a while.

I will fart in your general direction!
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!
    Now go away, or I will taunt you a second time!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007