Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Iraq update: Good news all way around

It has probably gone unnoticed by many of you that news of Iraq as reported in the mainstream media has been considerably quiet as of late. Why? For the simple fact that most of the news coming from Iraq is decidedly GOOD and good news doesn't sell.

So what's the good news?

Firstly, US deaths have dropped by 50% since the national elections. That's not a typo. 50%. (So much for the bozos who discredited the elections as nothing more than a "sham.")

Secondly, Iraqi guardsmen continue to assume more of the front-line fighting responsibilities and, as a result, are now suffering the majority of the casualties. (So much for the twits who said that the Iraqis were not willing to shoulder their share of the military burden.) So far in March, the US has suffered less than 35 casualties whereas the Iraqis have suffered more than 300... and the month isn't over yet.

Thirdly, the US has leaked that it is considering to begin drawing down its forces in Iraq starting by year's end and contingent upon sufficient Iraqi forces being adequately trained and equipped. (So much for the hand-wringing, mamby-pambies crying about Iraq being the "next Vietnam!")

Incidentally, Iraqis guardsmen have demonstrated not only the will to fight but also proficiency. Just recently, in one of the largest battles against the insurgents to date, Iraqi forces backed by Americans attacked an insurgent training camp outside of Tikrit and killed upwards of 80 insurgents. That's one of the highest death tolls in ANY scrape with the insurgents. By the way, this was as much a victory for the Iraqi intelligence community as for the Iraqi military.

Fourthly, the Iraqi population is now turning decidedly against the insurgents. Iraqis civilians are now marching in their streets and protesting against the insurgents and demanding that they leave their country. Even better, many ordinary Iraqis are turning violent against the insurgents and taking matters into their own hands. There are dozens of reports of individual incidents where ordinary Iraqis have engaged and killed insurgents who were in the process of planning or executing attacks.

What does all this add up to?

The tide in Iraq has turned. The nay-sayers are eating their words. And the corrupt governments in Iran and Syria are taking a collective dump in their pants.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

I hope your intel is correct, sir!

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

i'd like to know who is surprised by any of this?
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    i'd like to know who is surprised by any of this?
    They'll be here soon, I'm sure.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    I hope your intel is correct, sir!
    Reuters reported the 50% stat.

BBC reported the story about the 80-plus insurgents being killed.

Dozens of news outlets have reported stories of Iraqi citizens turning against the insurgents.

It's sad that the main stream news media is only interested in Iraq when things seem to be going wrong.

You'd think a 50% drop in US deaths would make some headlines... hmph.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Iraq's insurgents ‘seek exit strategy'

By Steve Negus in Baghdad
    Published: March 25 2005 16:55 | Last updated: March 25 2005 16:55

Many of Iraq's predominantly Sunni Arab insurgents would lay down their arms and join the political process in exchange for guarantees of their safety and that of their co-religionists, according to a prominent Sunni politician.

Sharif Ali Bin al-Hussein, who heads Iraq's main monarchist movement and is in contact with guerrilla leaders, said many insurgents including former officials of the ruling Ba'ath party, army officers, and Islamists have been searching for a way to end their campaign against US troops and Iraqi government forces since the January 30 election.

“Firstly, they want to ensure their own security,” says Sharif Ali, who last week hosted a pan-Sunni conference attended by tribal sheikhs and other local leaders speaking on behalf of the insurgents.

Insurgent leaders fear coming out into the open to talk for fear of being targeted by US military or Iraqi security forces' raids, he said.

Sharif Ali distinguishes many Sunni insurgents, whom he says took up arms in reaction to the invasive raids in search of Ba'athist leaders and other “humiliations” soon after the 2003 war, from the radical jihadist branch associated with Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Unlike Mr Zarqawi's followers, who are thought to be responsible for the big suicide bomb attacks on Iraqi civilian targets, the other Sunni insurgents are more likely to plant bombs and carry out ambushes against security forces and US troops active near their homes.

Sharif Ali said the success of Iraq's elections dealt the insurgents a demoralising blow, prompting them to consider the need to enter the political process.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/7b2a3b4e-9d...00e2511c8.html
    Last edited by TheresOnlyOneWay; 03.25.05 at 02:36 PM.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

06.24.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Great news...the stupidest fuck up in the history of American foreign policy is almost over.

I'm glad that my friends and neighbors will be home soon, most of them safe, and I'm also sure Captain Dumbass will send them out to some other bullshit deal soon. Wake up America!

Don't forget, the "mainstream media" also forgot conveniently about the "weapons of mass destruction" too.
    You know the best tone I ever had was with that little bandmaster cranked to 10. Edward Van Halen, 1980, Guitar Player Magazine.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

I got back from Iraq last June. In my time there I dealt with many Iraqis: Arab, Kurd, Turkomen, and Assyrian. Here's what I got from them:
    1. They were happy the US and its allies (a.k.a. Britain and an insubstantial amount of troops from some other nations) were happy we did what we did.
    2. They didn't want us to be there forever.
    3. They were confident Iraq would be a democracy but they realized it would be extremely agonizing and it wouldn't happen overnight.

I grew very fond of the Iraqi people. The news at the beginning of this post is great and I'm also very happy to see the anti-terrorist demonstrations in the news. I pray for Iraq and its people. They deserve peace and democracy and our brothers and sisters need to come home.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Marc
    I got back from Iraq last June. In my time there I dealt with many Iraqis: Arab, Kurd, Turkomen, and Assyrian. Here's what I got from them:
    1. They were happy the US and its allies (a.k.a. Britain and an insubstantial amount of troops from some other nations) were happy we did what we did.
    2. They didn't want us to be there forever.
    3. They were confident Iraq would be a democracy but they realized it would be extremely agonizing and it wouldn't happen overnight.

I grew very fond of the Iraqi people. The news at the beginning of this post is great and I'm also very happy to see the anti-terrorist demonstrations in the news. I pray for Iraq and its people. They deserve peace and democracy and our brothers and sisters need to come home.
    I work with a couple of guys that were in Iraq too and they too basically said the same thing, I said to them as will I to you Metal Marc: Thank you for whatever you did over there, it may have been a large part or a small part in your opinion, either way, it is more than what I did over here!
    This news is great and I hope it progresses to what the "good" Iraqis want and deserve.
    Last edited by BREW CREW; 03.25.05 at 04:16 PM.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by stratogibson
    Great news...the stupidest fuck up in the history of American foreign policy is almost over.

I'm glad that my friends and neighbors will be home soon, most of them safe, and I'm also sure Captain Dumbass will send them out to some other bullshit deal soon. Wake up America!

Don't forget, the "mainstream media" also forgot conveniently about the "weapons of mass destruction" too.
    Can you actually back that charge without saying 'Halliburton?'

I dare ya...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by stratogibson
    I don't think it is much of a convenience at all to have a scare of weapons of mass destruction...are they still around? Did they have any? Who has them? Some people have conveniently forgotten that the U.S. captured Hussein..., yet seriously, I say he was a weapon of mass terror....anyway, I ususally do not respond to posts as ignorant as this, but tonight I just can't help myself.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

"What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

How many troops have we lost to this? I've lost count.

My best friend from as far back as high school is there now. I want the fucker to come home. I don't give one rat's ass about Bush's fucking prick-waving exercise in the Middle East.....fucking Halliburton.....fucking knee-jerk reaction to 9-11......FUCK BUSH.

Bring these people home to their families where they belong. Most of these republican fuckheads don't want Iraqis here on our shores anyway. WTF is up with that? I don't and never will believe in Bush's personal agenda. He was chomping at the bit to bomb Iraq and he got his way. People are dying. I don't see a single fuckin cause for celebration.

I'll take it as good news from Iraq when we fucking withdraw and concentrate on fixing THIS fucking country. "We're taking the fight to the terrorists" - MY ASS!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    How many troops have we lost to this? I've lost count.

My best friend from as far back as high school is there now. I want the fucker to come home. I don't give one rat's ass about Bush's fucking prick-waving exercise in the Middle East.....fucking Halliburton.....fucking knee-jerk reaction to 9-11......FUCK BUSH.

Bring these people home to their families where they belong. Most of these republican fuckheads don't want Iraqis here on our shores anyway. WTF is up with that? I don't and never will believe in Bush's personal agenda. He was chomping at the bit to bomb Iraq and he got his way. People are dying. I don't see a single fuckin cause for celebration.

I'll take it as good news from Iraq when we fucking withdraw and concentrate on fixing THIS fucking country. "We're taking the fight to the terrorists" - MY ASS!
    Tell it like it is BRO!!
    What ever happend to the guy they call OSAMA! Isnt he the one that started this whole mess?

The truth is we will never really leave that place because there is a resource called OIL, that the bush family loves, its there family business! I personaly dont give a shit that these guys are gonna bank off this war but to use everyones kids for there wealth is fucking EVIL!!! YES THATS WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    I don't see a single fuckin cause for celebration.
    Ohh..come on man, How about the troops that made it back so far?
    Just go for it!