Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Default Remember That Night ?

I don't know about the rest of you , but of all the threads we've lost due to the hacking , I really miss that "It's About Time" thread !

This site was as electric and active as any site I've ever been to ! When that new song broke , I was glued to my PC for 6 hours ! Everyone was talkin' about it and breaking it down . Man , it's so sad that we'll never get that back ! It really felt like I was part of something huge ! The internet to me is usually quite emotionless , but that night was different , we were witnessing history in the making .
    I remember that I had to try a few times to get in to the links , I knew something special was going on , I think we broke attendance records that night . The site was jam packed with people craving this tune ! It seemed like word spread so fast it was amazing !
    It was like waiting for Mtv to play Panama right after it broke , I couldn't get enough !

Man I'm gonna miss looking back on that thread !

Sorry for the rant !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Ahhh.... Good times indeed. Brett had to restrict visitor traffic in order to free up bandwidth. Life was good back then.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.30.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AWESOME night. I had just got back from camp, and it was a hot summer night. Logged onto the links, and kept getting errors, I guess it was from everyone else doing the same thing! I finally got in, and saw Van Fan's thread. I think Brett put it on the VHRadio, and thats where I heard it...I'm glad I was around to witness a VH moment like that.

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.30.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another night thats just as cool was the Wallnut creek one, anyone remember that? Waiting for the radio interview with Ed, waiting for reviews, man, good times.

Favorite VH Album

VH1,Balance,FW,and VH3
    Favorite VH Song

Panama,without you and IAT
    Last Online

05.17.11 @ 11:41 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

i remeber listening to 96.5 WHTQ and the DJ said we got the new VH for you they played beautiful girls and i was freaking out then it was over and that riff came on and i flipped out the song was awesome...there i was trying to call everyone i knew....i was playing air guitar and everything....even the DJ liked it but they didnt play it ever again weird
    Rock on MotherFucker!!!!!!
    Official VH Links Van Halen 3 fan

Bands I Have Seen Live:
    Van Halen The Smashup
    Twisted Sister Sanctity
    Loverboy Into Eternity
    WASP 2X Overkill
    LA Guns Arch Eenemy
    Stephen Percy Opeth
    Collective Soul Lamb Of God
    Motley Crue 3x Megadeth
    Queensryche 2x Aerosmith
    Amon Amarth Angels & Airwaves
    Trivium
    Children Of Bodom
    Still Remains
    Suffocation
    It Dies Today
    Poison The Well
    Shadows Fall

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That was a cool tune.

I remember watching that sucker download.....glad I had a cable modem. I couldn't beleive what I was hearing. It seemed so heavy and I was happy it lacked any radio appeal. If they would have recored a WCTBL or Dreams type tune, I would have been dissapointed, but IAT seem to pick up where HB left off.

The first listen thru, I just couldn't follow the music. It was just everywhere. Too many chord changes, souned like shit was spliced together, lots of "brick walls" as I listened, but after getting the CD and listening closely, it's pretty balls to the wall and I do think Ed's playing is very spirited on the track....maybe a little bit too much at times. I no longer think I was hearing studio trickery, but rather than copy and pasting, I heard an energetic band playing something a little differently then most folks would....yet another trait that makes VH so appealing.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

A glorious moment in time, indeed.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I'll never forget the sweet sound of Ed's guitar coming out of my computer speakers. I couldn't help but think.."finally." I'll always remember that night, but the night I landed Up For Breakfast and Learning To See for Guitars101 was even better. I stayed up until about 2 or 3am to get my hands on those tunes, and once I put them up for download our site was hit with so many VH fans it wasn't even funny. It felt great to be a fan again.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    I'll never forget the sweet sound of Ed's guitar coming out of my computer speakers. I couldn't help but think.."finally." I'll always remember that night, but the night I landed Up For Breakfast and Learning To See for Guitars101 was even better. I stayed up until about 2 or 3am to get my hands on those tunes, and once I put them up for download our site was hit with so many VH fans it wasn't even funny. It felt great to be a fan again.
    It did feel great to be a fan then. Now we're back to the same old same old.
    Last edited by ZeoBandit; 03.21.05 at 02:05 PM.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I remember that evening well!! I live on the West Coast so it was around 4pm when I saw the post!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I remember when "Without You" was posted on the VHND. It was something that blew me away. Here I was at home...not having to wait for the damn DJ to play it!!

And then...6 years later here we were downloading another NEW Van Halen song. It was a VERY hot day here in Reno and i waited until the sun was farther to the West so I could start mowing and edging the lawns. I was about to go outside and start mowing when I looked at the VHLinks one more time. AND THERE IT WAS!! My wife was going to be home soon so I needed to get the lawns done so it looked like I actually worked at home that day! It literally took me about 2 hours to mow the lawns and edge when it normally takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to do both because I kept coming in to check the status of the download and listen to the bits and pieces I already had. I COULDN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THE WHOLE THING TO DOWNLOAD!!! I tracked grass inside and all over the house as I was in and out.

I loved the pace of the song as well as the nice crunch that Eddie had on the opening riff. The lyrics were something to be desired but hey...I had new VAN HALEN!!! No matter what people think of "It's About Time"...it will always be a piece of Van Halen band/internet history...especially to us here at the LINKS!!!
    Last edited by evans5150; 03.21.05 at 02:43 PM.
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member
    Being a young VH fan, hearing new VH was a whole new experience for me. I remember that night VERY well. I was down in my room when I logged onto the links and saw the thread. I just about crapped my pants seeing that I could download the song. Like everyone else it took me awhile to get a solid connection, which made the excitement just boil.

Finally when I started the download, it said it would take about 35 minutes....the longest 35 minutes of my life. I couldn't believe I was about to hear *NEW* Van Halen. It was like something out of a dream or something. Finally the download was complete, I loaded up my Frankie striped Winamp, loaded the song, turned the speakers WAAAY up, and hit play while bending over in my chair.

The beginning sounded so strange to me, I almost thought it wasn't VH and we were being played, but then Sammy kicked in and I KNEW it was for real. I tried to listen to the lyrics the first time around, but I was lsitening to everything at the same time, which caused the song to go away in a blur. The only thing I really remember the first time was waiting for the guitar solo. On subsequent listens I was smiling listening to the lyrics hearing Sammy tell us that they were going to get it right this time, make it up to us BIG TIME, etc. Just a a really cool song.

For the next few days I just listened to the song over and over and over and over again. It never grew old to me.

In the end, it won't go down as the best song in VH history, but for eveyone here, it may be the song that brings back the best memories.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

I heard it and said to several people on the net, "Van Halen is dead. Eddie has sold out to that grunge/nu-metal crap..."

I was judging it by the intro.

Being a relatively new fan, it was the first time I'd heard new VH. The song did grow on me over time, but I'm still not crazy about it. IAT and LTS are better than UFB, IMO. It was pretty cool hearing those too as well, but there was more excitement with IAT.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perrott
    Another night thats just as cool was the Wallnut creek one, anyone remember that? Waiting for the radio interview with Ed, waiting for reviews, man, good times.

Ed: "Wal-nut creek?"

The way he said it was priceless.

DJs: "Good. You're writing it down..."

The way those guys hounded Ed was pretty cool. They were nice about it, and Ed rewarded them by actually talking. Wow.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being / SGMAD
    Last Online

07.29.15 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ahhh memories......
    Van Halen Is: Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth, Gary Cherone

They will be back.....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

On fire, SGMAD
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i cant rememer ever being that excited sitting front of the pc then theat night! like fello fanatics, i also was unable to login for a good 30 mins! ahhh great great days they were!
    "People ask me 'Dave, what's it like to be a rock and roll star?" I tell them 'It's simple: in your mind, line up every woman you've ever been with. Got 'em there? well, I wouldn't fuck any of them.'" - DLR