Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

02.25.19 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ed was hammered, destroyed a guitar which is unusual for him and he was rubbing lemons in his eyes......sounds like a party to me.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

A big thanks to skyburst38 for reposting 9on10scale's take on the last night of 2004 tour.

skyburst wrote
    I saved a copy of this thread that was written by 9on10scale, Sammy's nephew

I will type it just like he wrote it

"Well wwhere do I start? First I am thankful this reuion did happen becaue I forgot how great a band actually can be while playing together)the show in Phoenix) back in August might have been one of the best Van Halen shows I have ever seen and I have seen close to 50. But after Friday night I personally will be content with Sam and Mikey. I get in free and get the royal treatment but you the fans who shell out allot and I mean allot of gash to have to put up with fucking drunk idiot is in my opionion a travesty. The man was shit faced around noon, when to be woke up and drank again. He started a fight with Sam, Mike, Irving and all of us in the dressing room prior to the show. No reason just a drunked fool. Sammy turnned and looked at me and said "now you see why this is so fucking hard to do" man I do this for fun and this just isn't fun! Mikey tried ot ignore it but finally had words with Ed also. As he walked around back int he dressing rooms punching walls and rubbing a raw lemon in his eyes and all over his face wiched was drawned on with black marker(he didn't even know who did it)? I will say this, this is is the honest truth, Ed acting out was his way to tell Sammy he doesn't want him to leave. A couple of times during the fight he sould say Sam ou just don't udnerstand me and I love you man. Then he would call him names and all kinds of stuff. It's like dealing with a 2 year old. I won't go into the show right now later I will, after the show, Ed left instantly and I had dinner with Mike and Sam. They both were very emotional that Mike and Sam care about the whole crew, Sammy gave 8 cases of signed Cabo Wabo to them and promised one way or another that they would work together againl I am in a hurry right now so I will try and put down more later. The only good things that was said the whole night was by Sammy "if the funker goes into treatment for about 4 months then we can talk!!" Outside of the boys in my opinion its done!"

I think that there is a followup thread to this where 9of10scale says that he may have been a little harsh and that Eddie has to make some tough decisions and that they may all work together again. Correct me if I am wrong.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Pics from ebay of broken charvel...

****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Hey angel, do you know when those photos were taken?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH1, FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Show No Merc
    Last Online

10.20.06 @ 08:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What did Ed write on the guitar?
    Something about "equipment failure" and something that looks like "was not good hood"

I'd have to take a look at the pics again, but I thought he smashed a green wolfgang in Tuscon.
    Van Halen Live: 15 shows.
    Have I seen my last one?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

11.13.19 @ 06:24 PM
    Liked 584 Times in 355 Posts

It looks like he wrote "I stomped out the neck and destroyed guitar equipment failure was not in a good mood."
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

07.08.05 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default A few mistakes

I typed that so quickly a while back, that I made a few mistakes typing that night.......so in the spirit of accuracy and precision.......I will re-type it now because it's the weekend, I don't have to work tomorrow and can stay up late!!!
    This version will be typed EXACTLY like 9on10scale typed it without any of MY mistakes.........the mispelled typos are his.

"Well where do I start? First I am thankful this reuion did happen because I forgot how great a band actually can be while playing together (the show in Phoenix) back in Augus might have been one of the best Van Halen shows I have ever seen and I have seen close to 50. But after Friday night I personally will be content with Sam and Mikey. I get in free and get the royal treatment but you the fans who shell out allot and I mean allot of gash to have to put up with a fucking drunk idiot is in my opionion a travesty. The man was shit faced around noon, when to bed woke up and drank again. He started a fight with Sam, Mike, Irving and all of us in the dressing room prior to the show. No reason just a drunked fool. Sammy turnned and looked at me and said "now you see why this is so fucking hard to do" man I do this for fun
    and this just isn't fun! Mikey tried ot ignore it but finally had words with Ed also. As he walked around back int he dressing rooms punching walls and rubbing a raw lemon in his eyes and all over his face wiched was drawned on with black marker (he didn't even know who did it)?
    I will say this, this is the honest truth, Ed acting out was his way to tell Sammy he doesn't want him to leave. A couple of times during the fight he would say Sam you just don't understand me and I love you man. The then would call him names and all kinds of stuff. It's like dealing with a 2 year old.
    I wont go into the show right now later I will, after the show, Ed left instanly and I had dinner with Mike and Sam, they both were very emotional that it was over and as we ate dinner one by one the crew came int to say so long. It was pretty intense to see how Mike and Sam care about the whole crew, Sammy gave 8 cases of sgned Cabl Wabo to them and promisede one way or
    another they would work together again. I am in a hurry right now so I will try and put down more later. The only good thing that was said the whole night was by Sammy "If the fucker goes into treatment for about 4 months
    then we can talk"!
    Out side of the boys in my opionio its done!"

I noticed I had left out a sentence in there, too, so now it is corrected and
    I feel better.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

All of 'Em
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.04.05 @ 03:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This version will be typed exactly like Joe told Sam who told Larry...blah, bla blah, bla blah....Who was actually there?? Anyone??

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.21.19 @ 10:44 AM
    Liked 161 Times in 68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv5150
    This version will be typed exactly like Joe told Sam who told Larry...blah, bla blah, bla blah....Who was actually there?? Anyone??
    9on10scale was there, Its his review of the day's events. Skyburst found it at another website and re-posted it here. We had it but after the HACK it along with thousands of other posts were gone.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Whatever happened that night is nothing compared to the shit that went down at OLO's backyard Van Halen 04 show that's for sure.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

11.13.19 @ 06:24 PM
    Liked 584 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Whatever happened that night is nothing compared to the shit that went down at OLO's backyard Van Halen 04 show that's for sure.
    Yeah, I vote for that to be re-posted here! That is a VHLINKS classic!
    Just go for it!

Last Online

03.28.05 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"The man broke his 1st guitar & subsequently told the crowd, fucked out of his mind, that this is it, it's over-pointed to Sammy & Mike & Said, There's the King.

He broke 2 guitars on stage in pury furry. one almost went into the crowd & could of really hurt someone. He then destroyed the second one, which almost hit Sammy, who was just like, What the FUCK? Mike & Alex too. You could see their faces as Eddie made comment after comment: Pointed @ Sam & Mike & said, there's the king. Made another comment before he broke his beautiful guitar, which sounded blissful all night, throw something @ me if you don't like what I am playin'.

This is it.

It's over.

Never again."

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 07:53 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 38 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW
    Yeah, I vote for that to be re-posted here! That is a VHLINKS classic!

Let's hear it. I missed it the first time around.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian
    Hey angel, do you know when those photos were taken?
    I think it's at his house. I've seen another pic of him at home and it's in the same style.
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.10.15 @ 11:49 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ericjt
    What did Ed write on the guitar?
    Something about "equipment failure" and something that looks like "was not good hood"

I'd have to take a look at the pics again, but I thought he smashed a green wolfgang in Tuscon.
    "I Stomped on The Neck & The Stupid Guitar

Equipment Failed

Was Not in a Good Mood"