Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Does anybody else ....

fantasize lately about a Van Halen experience they've had??

I had 5 star for the Lubbock show this past tour, and while our lovely guide had us all line up at the top of the stairway I could hear Alex beatin on his drum kit. About the time we started walking down I look in the distance at see Ed on stage, with his drill in his hand pressed up against his guitar. I started shaking because I knew what was coming next, While i'm walking down the steep staircase to the arena floor I get the most tingling sensation in my body i've ever felt when I hear Ed press down on that drill and that sound just filled the entire arena.

Continuing to walk town and our guide points us into the first row, how lucky am I when I just happen to be the one who gets to be right fuckin smack dab in front of Ed (and even more giddy when I look behind me for .01 of a second to see it's my seat for the show) I watch him, Mike and Alex just sit there and rip into poundcake, my heart is pounding, my juices are flowing...i'm thinking to myself "damn why can't sex be this good..." LOL

Ed's standing there playing, sees me and starts creeping towards me, pointing his guitar head right at me, grooving his head with the beat and giving me that million dollar smile. I pratically started giggling like a little school girl but I didn't give a flyin F who heard or saw me, I was in HEAVEN.

Then hearing everyone cheer at the end of Poundcake, me thinking I need a cigarette at this point, the boys rip into I'm the One. Now I knew they were going to do it from reading previous posts but it was 100x better than I originally envisioned, hearing it's about time and then Jump was the icing on the cake.

I still to this day fantasize about every single second of it, I reenact everything in my head from lining up to walk down to leaving soundcheck and talking to the chick who was lucky enough to snag Ed's wine bottle. I just wished someone, ANYONE out there could've recorded it......even though it's livid in my mind like it just happened, I can't stop thinking let alone DREAMING about it.

I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong forum aside from the reunion tour but I was hoping to hear if somebody else does the same thing I do, aside from being from the last tour...or not.
    Last edited by rrussou812; 03.20.05 at 07:10 PM.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., Fair Warning, WACF,1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.10.05 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

On vanhalenradio.com when I'm listening and the live version of Jump comes on I get goosebumps and chills the whole song, it reminds me the first time I saw the gods of rock and roll in the same facility as me, it was unreal, I think about the show all of the time!
    "The wold doesent revolve around DLR, but I like to think so" DLR May 1984

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

There's not a day that goes by without thinking about my 5 Star experience. Being 2 rows from "The Man" at soundcheck. I got to talk to him. For a couple seconds. Wore my hat. Sometimes after a couple days of not thinking about it it gives me a shock to think that I'm 16 years old and I was that close to a band that 45 year olds used to admire. And it was my first VH concert and I was in front row! Tequila from Sammy, mini JD bottle from Mikey, high fives all around. Does it get any better than that?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

VH1,Balance,FW,and VH3
    Favorite VH Song

Panama,without you and IAT
    Last Online

05.17.11 @ 11:41 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

me and my friend talk about our experience at the tampa show on the renuion tour.....all the time....i remember that we managed to pass the security and we were right there like touching the stage and i look over and there is eddie on the side of the stage strecthing his hand and all i could say was "thats eddie fucking van halen!"well then the lights go out and jump starts to play and eddie jumps right in front of me and i almost passed out...then during runaround which was the last song we were abale to see up close i swear i think sammy pointed at me.....great times......
    Rock on MotherFucker!!!!!!
    Official VH Links Van Halen 3 fan

Bands I Have Seen Live:
    Van Halen The Smashup
    Twisted Sister Sanctity
    Loverboy Into Eternity
    WASP 2X Overkill
    LA Guns Arch Eenemy
    Stephen Percy Opeth
    Collective Soul Lamb Of God
    Motley Crue 3x Megadeth
    Queensryche 2x Aerosmith
    Amon Amarth Angels & Airwaves
    Trivium
    Children Of Bodom
    Still Remains
    Suffocation
    It Dies Today
    Poison The Well
    Shadows Fall

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I definitely think about my Golden Ring experiences all the time! Sometimes I even get all misty-eyed when I listen to Humans Being, picturing Ed bouncing around during his solo.

Mikey looking at me out of the corner of his eye and smiling at me because I was so excited. Mikey bending down to thank me for the bracelet. Sammy blowing a kiss at me. Mikey pressing a pick into my hand. Sammy signing my Balance CD. Mikey giving me his beer.

It's still overwhelming for me to think that I was THAT CLOSE to those guys! Definitely the single best experience of my life. Hey, childbirth is wonderful, but it HURTS!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

my ring experience cannot be topped in my lifetime...yet
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    my ring experience cannot be topped in my lifetime...yet

My thoughts exactly Pert! No concert will ever top it!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

except possibly the next one!!

sertiously, nothing can beat the firsts in your life..well, most of em..my first time in the sack wasnt so amazing,,until i learned what and how i was doing..but that's another story..

I will NEVER,ever forget what it felt like and what i saw when i saw ed walk out in the dark,on stage with his guitar and stand a fgoot infront of me before the lights went on..then when they finally did, what a feeling that was..
    the only way it gets better is if i do the rings again and this time he is onfucking fire in his playing and its all new stuff and a new solo..!!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll never forget Sammy looking down into our pit when he caught a whiff of the kind bud. Fanning his hand across his nose saying with a smile "wtf are you guys doing?" Only to reach down five minutes later to partake in the festivities.

To quote the ovary network: Memories of a lifetime.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:24 PM
    Liked 1,602 Times in 984 Posts

Donor

Oh, is this where the golden ringers are waxing nostalgic?

Hell yeah, brothers and sisters. The rings were epic. Can't beat them for total concert immersion and band interaction. Like you're part of the friggin' band. Awesome. Truly once in a lifetime.

Because of the golden rings, I was Van Halen's lead singer for 3.2 seconds. Hoo. Fucking. Ra.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Oh, is this where the golden ringers are waxing nostalgic?

Hell yeah, brothers and sisters. The rings were epic. Can't beat them for total concert immersion and band interaction. Like you're part of the friggin' band. Awesome. Truly once in a lifetime.

Because of the golden rings, I was Van Halen's lead singer for 3.2 seconds. Hoo. Fucking. Ra.
    Agreed, you are part of the show, I could have changed Ed's effects for him for God's sake.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

At this point I hate you all!!!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

[QUOTE=Van Squalen]Oh, is this where the golden ringers are waxing nostalgic?

Hell yes!!! It was the best experience of my life. I could go on all day, but my favorite moments were shaking Ed, Alex, and Sammy's hands more than once. Sammy leaning down in front of me to sign sixstring's shirt he'd made in honor of Ed and holding my hand as he signed it to keep the shirt straight and taut. The best moment, however, was during the last encore. We were in Ed's ring but Mikey was giving us "thumbs up" the whole night and pointing and grinning at me. During, "When It's Love" Mikey starts belting out "you look at every face in the crowd. Some smile and some keep you guessing. Waiting for someone to come into focus, teach you your final love lesson" and the whole time he's singing, he's pointing at me and winking. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! What an incredible moment. So, to answer the original question, yes I fantasize about every moment of that night. It was made better by being there with my husband, sixstring, and sisca. I was the lone lady, but it didn't matter. The ring experience, IMO, could not have gotten any better!
    Meet me in Cabo!