Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.02.05 @ 11:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Rock Hall of Fame screws Van Halen...again...

Unbelievable. ..

As I sit here on St. Patty's, enjoyin' my day off, chuggin' Guinness and gettin' my Irish up, I'm saddened by what I just heard on the radio. Apparently the RNRHOF induction just went down this week. Once again, no VH. They've been eligible now since 2003 and still they can't get in the door. Hell, shouldn't these guys have been first-ballot?

What chaps my ass even more is the "artists" who keep gettin' in. Rather I should say the artists who keep gettin' in BEFORE Van Halen.

For starters, the fuckin' Pretenders. With all due respect to the former Mrs. Davies, um, Chrissie Hynde and her band certainly did not, in any way shape or form, have a bigger impact or do more for the continuance of rock n' roll than Van Halen. Yet there they are, sittin' pretty, gettin' in to the RNRHOF first-ballot, baby. Yeah, cuz after all, Chriss Hynde inspired more people to pick up a guitar than Edward Van Halen, you know?

I mean, honestly, has anyone hear ever heard a single musician cite Chrissie Hynde as the reason they picked up a guitar? Has anyone ever heard a single musician cite the Pretenders as the reason they got into rock and wanted to form a band? I've read tons of interviews in my life and I can honestly say I have NEVER heard that. EVER. Yet, I've heard plenty of musicians, till this day, who cite Edward as the reason they picked up a guitar and who cite VH as the reason they got into rock and wanted to form a band.

And you wanna talk their music and overall success? Shit, the Pretenders released six albums that sold a whopping 4 million copies in the U.S., to date. Not even a single one went multi-Platinum. Oh, but apparently, those miniscule album sales are worth more than Van Halen's twelve consecutive multi-Platinum albums, two Diamond Awards, and 56 Million albums sold in the U.S., to date. Honestly, did any of those six Pretenders albums have the impact of Van Halen 1 or 1984?

Holy shit, the more I think about it, the more my liver bleeds. Man, the RNRHOF is so fuckin' outta touch with the rest of America, it's absurd. Frankly, I can't believe artists don't speak out more about the injustice being done. I hope someone, someday, will have the cojones to stand up and point out how fuckin' pathetic and crooked the RNRHOF Commitee is.

Those filthy pricks have no clue. Either that or there is some truly shady shit goin' down here. Cuz there is no way in freakin' hell that a band like the Pretenders should get in first ballot while Edward and the boys are left standin' outside in the cold. That is truly absurd.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I totally agree with you. WTF?????? Who decides who gets inducted??? Must be the suits that decide???? I can't remember in my old age. Some day our boys will be recognized for all that they've contributed to rock 'n roll.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Believe me guys...RRHOF is nothing but bs. Who really cares if VH didn't get into a popularity club. I would only hope VH would snub them if they do happen to get inducted at some point.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

The search functionality on this site works. How many pointless threads about VH not being in the HoF are going to be started?

WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME. IT IS A JOKE
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

FUCK...the RRHF!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:46 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Van Halen should be an automatic selection and The Pretenders have lived up to their name.
    E.F.C - 1897

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

This thread feels like Deja 'Vu all over again...or is it Vu Jade'??
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 16oz.Schlitz
    With all due respect to the former Mrs. Davies, um, Chrissie Hynde and her band certainly did not, in any way shape or form, have a bigger impact or do more for the continuance of rock n' roll than Van Halen.
    they weren't an impact on most of us. just my speculation...they're looking at what Hynde did as a woman in the industry, maybe thinking she's inspired female singer/songwriters. i don't typically read Melissa Etheridge interviews, maybe somewhere she cited Chrissie Hynde as an influence. i do find it too much of a coincidence that the guy who signed the Pretenders also got in this year...but that's a whole 'nother argument.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I don't care what anyone says. Ya'll can sit here and go on and on about how the RNRHOF doesn't matter and all that bullshit...but the day VH gets in, these will be the same people who fire off bottle rockets and dance a jig...lmao...

I honestly don't believe in even having a freakin' hall of fame and all that. Regardless, if you are gonna have one, then for crissake get it RIGHT, you know? It's tragic that the hall keeps overlookin' VH, Sabbath, Skynyrd, Kiss, and other legendary & influential rock bands.

How's it gonna feel when you see rappers get into the hall BEFORE VH and those other greats? Cuz guess what people, the time is not that far away.
    It just pisses me off cuz that comittee is supposed to represent us -- the people. And they simply are not doing that.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

All of 'Em
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.04.05 @ 03:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I don't care what anyone says. Ya'll can sit here and go on and on about how the RNRHOF doesn't matter and all that bullshit...but the day VH gets in, these will be the same people who fire off bottle rockets and dance a jig...lmao...

I honestly don't believe in even having a freakin' hall of fame and all that. Regardless, if you are gonna have one, then for crissake get it RIGHT, you know? It's tragic that the hall keeps overlookin' VH, Sabbath, Skynyrd, Kiss, and other legendary & influential rock bands.

How's it gonna feel when you see rappers get into the hall BEFORE VH and those other greats? Cuz guess what people, the time is not that far away.
    It just pisses me off cuz that comittee is supposed to represent us -- the people. And they simply are not doing that.
    You said it as well as it can be said...rock on...VH rules!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

05.23.09 @ 06:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was sitting and watching the RRHOF induction and saw U2 get up there. I just don't get it, how in God's name does U2 get inducted before Van Halen is even put on a ballet. Is it because Bono is sometimes more interested in politics then singing. Maybe Eddie shoudl run for President!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, here's the thing. I have zero prob with U2 gettin' in and gettin' in first-ballot. And if you saw their performance, man, say what you want, but they sound great. However, the amount of nuthuggin' that goes on for that band -- by the press and whatnot -- is completely absurd. But hey, I feel their accomplishments and impact are enough that they should get in. (then again, VH's career merits the same respect).

However, as I watched Springsteen induct them and gush for a while about The Edge and how freakin' amazin' The Edge is, man, I wondered what they'd have to say about Edward?

Hell, they'd have to have a special one-hour induction speech just to cover everything EVH has done for the world of guitar alone, you know? As great as Edge is, he didn't reinvent the instrument and transcend the instrument like EVH did. And to see the Pretenders gettin' in first-ballot, while VH is still left outside, made me ill. Christ, whata bunch of absolute bullshit.

The other thing I noticed is the same fuckin' faces, year in and year out. It's like Clapton, Neil Young and Springsteen have the keys to the Hall and they are runnin' the show...you get the sense they are this elite little club who probably even has some say in the voting...and since I don't believe any of 'em are big VH fans, well, that can't be good for VH.

I mean, as Neil Young stood there and told the world -- with a straight face -- that the Pretenders are "one of the greatest rock band of all time," well, I almost coughed up my spleen from laughing so hard...seriously, I had a total coniption fit...it was insane...

Favorite VH Album

ALL ALBUMS from ALL ERAS!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL SONGS from ALL ERAS!
    Last Online

11.25.07 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

However, as I watched Springsteen induct them and gush for a while about The Edge and how freakin' amazin' The Edge is, man, I wondered what they'd have to say about Edward?
    I was thinking the same thing!

Hell, they'd have to have a special one-hour induction speech just to cover everything EVH has done for the world of guitar alone, you know? As great as Edge is, he didn't reinvent the instrument and transcend the instrument like EVH did. And to see the Pretenders gettin' in first-ballot, while VH is still left outside, made me ill. Christ, whata bunch of absolute bullshit.
    Once again, I was thinking the SAME THING!