Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

All of 'Em
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.04.05 @ 03:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Was Ed an ass??

Ok, my first post, and I'm sorry if this is rehashed...but to those of you who did the five star packages last year...was Ed cool to you? The reason I ask is at the Grand Rapids show he was...welll, a d@*$!! Wouldn't acknowledge any of us...just kept bitching about the sound he was getting from the arena,and how everything sucked. However, I did the same five star package a few nights later in Auburn Hillls and he was quite cool to all of us, I even got to shake his hand.....WOW, a dream come true....he joked around with us and it was all great. I just feel sorry for the people who paid that much money at the rapids show and left with that feeling!!! I am so happy I got to meet him on a good note. Anyway, I quote one of the folks at the rapids show...."yeah, he was an ass,,,,but he is still my hero"!!! Just wondering if anyone else had these same situations....the people I met backstage at both shows were outstanding, and I'm assuming that includes some of you...happy to be amongst all of you. VH rules!!

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:44 PM
    Liked 1,618 Times in 995 Posts

Donor

At our 5 star in Vegas, it was a huge clusterfuck. Pretty sure that was ILAA's biggest group that whole tour. There was like 150+ of us. Ed was cranky, when he came up to our admittedly loud and boisterous group he flipped us all off. (with that rock star smirk of course). He was snarking about Sam and Mike missing their plane from Phoenix, and kept asking us throughout the instrumental only soundcheck how we liked just him and Al, and how it might be the future, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. LOL.

Oh, Ed, take a Midol and chill.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 2,087 Times in 679 Posts

Eddie was great in Jersey. He jammed alone for a long time then Al came in then they jammed then Mikey came in then they jammed...then Sammy came running in and they played JUMP!
    Last edited by James in New York; 03.16.05 at 06:08 PM.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

He looked fine at the boise show but I wasnt back stage either. He and sam looked like they got along great and he just soaked up the crowd.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

At our OKC show he seemed to be a little pissed on stage, but he had reason. Tech probs. Before the show though, and excuse me if I have said this before, he was great. During Shinedown's set, he and Wolfie were at the edge of the rings, where we were. I looked back and he is doing pull ups on the bar over the ring entrance. So I look at him and motion for him to come up front with me. A few minutes later, here he comes with Wolfie! I moved back so they could stand at the stage. He was less than 6 inches in front of me, with his shirt off I might add! He rocked to Shinedown for a couple of songs which I thought was so cool of him, then high fived all the group after they were done. He was smiling the whole time. He just has his ups and downs like any of us do. Dang I wish I would have grabbed his ass when I had the chance!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    Dang I wish I would have grabbed his ass when I had the chance!
    Hahahaha, TP why doesnt that surprise me?
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I'm sure Ed has his good days and bad days like anyone else . Even I'm a prick every other day !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

He seemed just fine in Hamilton. I think he had just woken up and he commented that he was feeling weird, but he wasn't a jerk or anything and he seemed to be in good spirits otherwise. The 5 star was quite an experience, let's hope we have in available to us in the future.

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

I think Ed wanted to chat with us in Dallas 5*, but it was a large group and some doofus kept yelling at him. Lots of others were starstruck too, myself included, but I was conscious enough to know when to shut up to try and keep him around. Unfortunately, he was in a pissy mood and bailed. This was crazy, IMO. Dallas has some of the most rabid VH fans. I guess that's
    what happens after years of being the king.

I learned a big lesson--go to the show in the lesser populated city. I should've gone to Lubbock--Dimebag was there and it was a better 5* so I'm told. I think you have a lot better chance at autographs, pics, whatever with a group of 20 rather than a group of 120+.
    Last edited by mk5; 03.17.05 at 08:15 AM.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

He was fine at the 3 5's I saw him at.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

09.30.05 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed's erratic behaviour at the five star soundchecks is symptomatic of his whole mind set at this moment and the reason that Van Halen are currently not viable. Those people at the five star thing had paid hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to be there. EVH had a responsibility to be civil to these people and give them their money's worth; on several occasions, he came up way short in living up to this responsibility. I have a shit job for a shit wage answering the phone but if I told people to fuck off everytime I was in a bad mood I would be out of a job in a hurry. Say what you want about Ed being a rock star etc. etc., but when you take that amount of money being a rock star has fuck all to do with it, it's about being professional; Ed failed miserably.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

So did Sammy fail by not showing up to a single soundcheck??

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Women in Love & Aftershock
    Last Online

08.17.08 @ 08:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabby gabbster
    So did Sammy fail by not showing up to a single soundcheck??
    I was @ the Tuscon "Meltdown." He was cool as shit during soundcheck, absolutely the coolest thing I have ever been a part of-seeing 'The Man' that close & 5'ving him.

Then there's the show

I do think Sammy should have been at the soundchecks, but in his defense, he never really does 'em anyway, at least throughout his career w/ =VH=.

Nonetheless, if he's gonna bitch in interviews about "how he wished those guys got more involved," then his ass could have come out @ the end of soundcheck & said What's Up?

Whatever, =VH= FUCKING RULES
    "Michael Anthony on the Bass"

-David Lee Roth, Largo--1982

-Formally, aftershock5-

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

I'm pretty sure Sammy did them during 5150 and OU812. I can understand if he was trying to save his voice or something on this last tour but he could have come out anyway and said hello. I'm surprised no one ever bitched about it. Can you imagine if Eddie didn't show up to one of them? In fact, didn't he show up to all of them? I think that says something.

Besides, I would be cranky too with the way some people acted at those soundchecks. I was pushed aside and had to stand in the very back cause so many were blowing their loads at the sight of Eddie...screaming his name..asking inane questions. He was actually very nice considering how he was being treated.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 2,087 Times in 679 Posts

Sammy showed up at the New Jersey show soundcheck I was at and they kicked into JUMP and he was GREAT