Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default MY BROTHER IS HOME

In case you all lost the original thread...and becasue I'm still SUPER PUMPED...my brother got home from Iraq this past saturday. Here is my blurred account of the day...still looking for a freebie site to throw up the 4 pics I took...Here's the kicker...He's been offered a ton o' cash to re-up and go ACTIVE duty!!!! I guess you get to a point, like he has, that you're only good at one thing...no need to fight it. Anyway...read on, and keep the guys and gals still there in your thoughts.

WOW does anyone have a hangover cure??? I fell off the wagon last night. I had no idea that my head would bounce; not go "thud" when it hit the ground.

It's 1:55pm and just as we pull out of the drive way, I get a call from my mom saying the ceremony is starting in 35 minutes. Originally slated for a 3:30 start, now it's going to start at 2:30 it's 45 minutes to the base my brother's unit is on. Mind you, that's at an average speed of 65 on the highway and 30 in town.

I decided that 75 was a safe speed to travel. Considering it's 65 on the highway and traffic was light. I get about 10 minutes out of town and realize...

DOH!!!!!! I forgot my wallet, which contains my CDL, which I'll need to get on the base. Oh well, just gonna have to hope for the best. Needless to say it's a bad thing. But when you posess a CDL, it's MAJOR BAD!

I hit the US 61/I-280 interchange at pretty good time. It's about 2:08pm Usually, at regular speed, it takes about 20-25 mintues. 13 minutes flat...BAAAAAAAAAH I'm making good time. I hit the interstate like a "rocket sled on rails" (thank you to the song "Convoy" for that description)

I get past the point where any cops will be running radar and I put the hammer down. I have to say that I was very impressed with my 2002 Ford Taurus. 100 mph and nary a shake, shimmy or vibration as I start setting a land speed record across the I-280, Mississippi River bridge.

My wife, who was chattering away on the phone with her best friend was telling her about what we were heading for...I realized by the loud gasp and clanking of the cell phone as it drops, that she had seen the speedometer. My neck still throbs from the vise-like grip it was given, due to the strange "mime" disease that invaded her body at this time, and convinced her that the "escape from the box gag was passe'."

RRMB Wife edit: Oh, I suppose I should mention that I fear bridges over any waterway. I have nightmares about going off them and not being able to escape the car.

Once across the bridge, I reduce speed back to 75 for the remained of the ride in to Rock Island, IL, where I average about 40 in all 30 mph speed zones.

I get to the entrance of the Rock Island Arsenal, the base, and there he stands. The friendly police officer...

AND HE'S ASKING FOR I.D. Damndamndamndamndamndamndamn!!! I explain to the officer that I'm there for the ceremonies for the Marines and he was sOoOoOoOper cool. He let me go on in.

I get to the Officer's Club and get in the door...JUST as the ceremony began...

I FORGOT THE CAMERA IN THE CAR

I run back out, grab the camera, run back in...just in time for them to be formally dismissed.

"Wow, has it been 45 minutes already???" says my mother, shocked to see that we made it in time.

I gotta tell ya, 31 minutes door to door. I cut 14 minutes off the trip...I was impressed with myself!!

Wife, daughter and I are there. Wife and daughter are crying; from fear of dad's driving. I am crying while wrapped in the tightest bear hug with my brother that I can remember.

Neck throbbing again, while step-father is trying trying to pry mother's fingers off neck from same "mime" disease that had enveloped RRMW just moments earlier. Wonder what that was all about anyway???

RRMW edit: RRMM was as thrilled as I was at the "bridge" stunt too.

I only got 4 pics of my brother and haven't figured out a place to host them yet, but will asap.

Needless to say, brother wanted to grab a drink ( and drink we did...he now likes Cabo baby ) after being involved in the seige of Fallujah...that he failed to tell anyone about...until yesterday!!!! Suddenly that wierd mime disease enveloped me.....
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Glad he made it home safe. I'm happy for ya.

Hangover cure, a greasy McDonald's meal
    Last edited by Cabot; 03.16.05 at 07:59 AM.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Glad to hear the good news brother!!!

And for the hangover.....tons of water maybe some advil in the morning....

and for the pictures..... www.photobucket.com

once you register (it's free) it's easy....

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Tell him THANKS!!!
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

That is just awesome. I am so happy for you and your brother!

I use either of these free photo hosting sites:

http://www.glowfoto.com

http://www.picgoo.com

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Glad to hear that, Monkeyboy. Tell him that the Links are proud of him and we all thank him for his courage and bravery.
    Last edited by ZeoBandit; 03.16.05 at 08:46 AM.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy
    I only got 4 pics of my brother and haven't figured out a place to host them yet, but will asap.
    check your PM...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

In our numerous convo's since his return, he has told me about the conditions over there and the things he has done. I was shocked that, with all the money spent to Halliburton, the troops have it REALLY bad.

He lived in a barracks with no heat OR air. He said that you went outside to cool off and inside to warm up during the day and just the opposite at night.

He was involved with the siege and attack of Fallujah...showed me some seriously wicked pics of it. He said that in all the war movies we watched as kids; burned out buildings, dead animals & enemies in the streets, etc. Just some of the nasties, most vile things you can imageine, magnified to the 10th power.

Then there is my biotch of a sis-in-law. Acting like the loving lonely wife back home...all the while screwing around behind his back...drove his new Dodge 2500 in to the ground. IT had 15,000 on it when he left a year ago, it now has approximately 45,000 on it. But that is just an estimate from the car dealer, because she had her boyfreind try to roll back the odometer...WHICH IS DIGITAL I MIGHT ADD!!! Never changed the oil, tires are nearly bald, house in shambles; forged checks for almost $20,000 from his personal account that only my step-dad had access to.

He has been hanging with me quite a bit in the evenings. He stays home, cleaning up the house, fixing it for his kids; then having dinner with my wife, daughter and I or our parents.

Needless to say, I was shocked at all the stuff he's unloaded on me since he's been home. That's why he wants to active duty again. He's getting all his ducks in a row, contacted a civilian AND military lawyer and is gonna zing the shit out of his wife. He's tired of her lying and bullshit. He's also going to repair a few things for me here, since I'm as mechanically inclined as a slug.

This is more info than he has ever shared with me. It seems he and I have made it past the "big brother-little brother, you broke my GI Joe and I'm still pissed" game we've played most of our lives.

Thanks for the freesites...gonna go to work on that now. They aren't anything magnificent. caught after all the ceremonies were complete and just hanging around. I'll throw up before and after...to me he looks YOUNGER now than he did before he left. Odd how that happens huh??
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

GREAT news my friend.....glad to hear he's safe!!! Best wishes to you and your bro!!!!!

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Well, looks like I won't be doing the pics. NONE of my drives are working, save for the C: drive. I can't get the DVD, CD-ROM or any of the USB ports, other than the one my printer is hooked to, to open or work. ALl the drivers are good; but none are working. I feel that I am ScReWeD.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'm so happy for you RRMB!!! What a great story!

And yeah, say thanks to your brother

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

You guys have a great time together...it is long overdue.
    A good pure hangover cure is Halls with Vitamin C and a lot of water. Pedialite if you got really fucked up..but I have yet to be at that point. I have seen it done by guys that drank about 30 beers....they were rough in the A.M. and by noon they were hardcore and ready to go again....fuckin crazy bastards!
    Just go for it!

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I am so happy for you and your family RRMB! I worry about each and every soldier over there every day. It could be mine one day! Keep everyone over there in your thought and or prayers. They need them.
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

That's great. My friend came home last month! It's good to have them home. We went to a hockey game together and when he heard the national anthem made me think about the real heros. Guys like your bro and my friend.