Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    02.07.05
    Posts
    65
    Last Online

    11.14.05 @ 09:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    EVH and Sheryl Crow.....

    Any of you guys ever heard Eddie and Sheryl do a live cover of a song called Get Ready?

    I know I have heard it somewhere.

  2. #2
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazmarzak
    Any of you guys ever heard Eddie and Sheryl do a live cover of a song called Get Ready?

    I know I have heard it somewhere.
    Yeah, it's from the, "City Of Hope" show. Sheryl sang a couple of songs, that Ed played on. The other one was, "Bitch" by the Rolling Stones, which they fookin jammed.

    Great show and wish they would have released this concert on a DVD.

    HH <-------------?------------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  3. #3
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    02.07.05
    Posts
    65
    Last Online

    11.14.05 @ 09:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Actually , It may be Bitch that I am talking about, I always get the two confused.

  4. #4
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Age
    45
    Posts
    30
    Last Online

    01.07.10 @ 06:07 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    can someone please post this jam.

  5. #5
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    You can find Sheryl and Ed on IMesh or some other music download site. Just type in Sheryl Crow/Eddie Van Halen and it should come up. In fact, some sites will have a video.

    And, they did jam, "GET READY"! Can't remember who sang on it, but you can sure hear Ed playing.

    That whole show was really great.

    HH <-------------Wants City of Hope concert on DVD!------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  6. #6
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    02.07.05
    Posts
    65
    Last Online

    11.14.05 @ 09:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    who else played at this show?

  7. #7
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Aww man, been so long since I've seen the concert, but to name a few people off of the top of my head, that were there:

    1. Eddie Van Halen
    2. Richie Sambora
    3. Bryan Adams
    4. Paul Shaffer <sp>
    5. John Mellencamp
    6. Sheryl Crow
    7. Steve Winwood
    8. Melisa Ethridge
    9. Maybe the Horn Players from Late Night with Dave Letterman

    Man, there were several....more people there. Just can't think of the others at the moment.

    Try doing a google search for the, "City of Hope Concert". I'm sure there is a list out there of everyone that attended.

    HH <----------------------is sleepy------------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  8. #8
    Good Enough LittleGuitars99's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.16.02
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,546
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    littleguitars
    Last Online

    12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen
    You can find Sheryl and Ed on IMesh or some other music download site. Just type in Sheryl Crow/Eddie Van Halen and it should come up. In fact, some sites will have a video.

    And, they did jam, "GET READY"! Can't remember who sang on it, but you can sure hear Ed playing.

    That whole show was really great.

    HH <-------------Wants City of Hope concert on DVD!------
    Wasn`t it Bryan Adams? The best song they do is Gimme Some Lovin, that tune had the entire place going. Ed has a really good tone on this jam, not alot of effects going.

  9. #9
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Wasn`t it Bryan Adams? The best song they do is Gimme Some Lovin, that tune had the entire place going. Ed has a really good tone on this jam, not alot of effects going.
    No, Steve Winwood sang this song, but Bryan was singing some hardcore backing vocals. This song was cool because Ed was at the head of Steve's piano, just watching Steve sing and play. Ed looked like he was totally into Steve's playing, and was really enjoying himself. In fact, Ed had a look/smile on his face, like, "Wow, jamming with one of my hero's......" look to him. Very cool to see!

    John Mellencamp sang G.L.O.R.I.A. Ed and Richie traded off solos on this song. Another cool thing to watch, esp the difference in both styles of playing.

    HH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  10. #10
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Ok, here's some info on the City of Hope Concert and some of the players involved. Songs included in the setlist:

    1996 City Of Hope All-Star Garage Band

    Steve took part in the 1996 City Of Hope All-Star Garage Band on October 16, which also included Don Henley, Bryan Adams, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, John Mellencamp, Eddie Van Halen, Me'shell Ndegeocello, Bobby Keys, Tony Rich, Richie Sambora, Jim Price, Narada Michael Walden, and Max Weinberg. Paul Shaffer directed the band, Bill Maher of "Politically Incorrect" was to host the event, and designers Todd Oldham and Tommy Hilfiger were to contribute to the production. The music industry fund-raiser honored VH-1 chief John Sykes with the Spirit of Life Award at the Universal City Walk in Los Angeles. The annual event raises between $3 million and $4 million for the City Of Hope, a non-profit medical and research center dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of AIDS, cancer, Alzheimer's and other life-threatening diseases. The black-tie gala, a key record business event, is also an important industry schmooze-fest. Seats at the gala started at $500 with premium tables as high as $50,000.

    The concert was aired by VH-1 in its entirety on March 8, 1997, due to huge demand. A Billboard article described the concert, its charitable contribution, and the performers, and Steve in particular. John Mellencamp was profuse in his praise of Steve. The broadcast was to be simulcast on radio, providing further fund-raising support for City Of Hope with telethon-style breaks between the songs. Viewers were encouraged to make donations to the nonprofit medical and research center via a toll-free line donated by Ticketmaster. Those who donated $20 or more earned a limited edition All-Star Garage Band T-shirt designed by Tommy Hilfiger, and a copy of the VH-1 Big '80s compilation CD.

    Songs (lead vocals):
    "I Fought The Law" (John Mellencamp, Bryan Adams)
    "Stay With Me" (Melissa Etheridge)
    "Bitch" (Sheryl Crow)
    "In The Midnight Hour" (Don Henley)
    "C'mon Everybody" (Bryan Adams)
    "Shotgun" (Steve Winwood)
    "Get Ready" (Tony Rich)
    "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby" (Steve Winwood, Sheryl Crow)
    "Hold On I'm Coming" (Don Henley, Steve Winwood)
    "Tequila" (Bobby Keys)
    "Gloria" (John Mellencamp)
    "Gimme Some Lovin'" (Steve Winwood)
    "Get Back" (Richie Sambora, Melissa Etheridge)

    The concert was aired several times on March 8, along with a 2-hour special called Garage Band Heroes featuring interviews and music of the participants, hosted by Max Weinberg.

    And that's the way it is...............

    HH <-------------really hopes this helps--------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  11. #11
    Good Enough LittleGuitars99's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.16.02
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,546
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    littleguitars
    Last Online

    12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen
    Ok, here's some info on the City of Hope Concert and some of the players involved. Songs included in the setlist:

    1996 City Of Hope All-Star Garage Band

    Steve took part in the 1996 City Of Hope All-Star Garage Band on October 16, which also included Don Henley, Bryan Adams, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, John Mellencamp, Eddie Van Halen, Me'shell Ndegeocello, Bobby Keys, Tony Rich, Richie Sambora, Jim Price, Narada Michael Walden, and Max Weinberg. Paul Shaffer directed the band, Bill Maher of "Politically Incorrect" was to host the event, and designers Todd Oldham and Tommy Hilfiger were to contribute to the production. The music industry fund-raiser honored VH-1 chief John Sykes with the Spirit of Life Award at the Universal City Walk in Los Angeles. The annual event raises between $3 million and $4 million for the City Of Hope, a non-profit medical and research center dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of AIDS, cancer, Alzheimer's and other life-threatening diseases. The black-tie gala, a key record business event, is also an important industry schmooze-fest. Seats at the gala started at $500 with premium tables as high as $50,000.

    The concert was aired by VH-1 in its entirety on March 8, 1997, due to huge demand. A Billboard article described the concert, its charitable contribution, and the performers, and Steve in particular. John Mellencamp was profuse in his praise of Steve. The broadcast was to be simulcast on radio, providing further fund-raising support for City Of Hope with telethon-style breaks between the songs. Viewers were encouraged to make donations to the nonprofit medical and research center via a toll-free line donated by Ticketmaster. Those who donated $20 or more earned a limited edition All-Star Garage Band T-shirt designed by Tommy Hilfiger, and a copy of the VH-1 Big '80s compilation CD.

    Songs (lead vocals):
    "I Fought The Law" (John Mellencamp, Bryan Adams)
    "Stay With Me" (Melissa Etheridge)
    "Bitch" (Sheryl Crow)
    "In The Midnight Hour" (Don Henley)
    "C'mon Everybody" (Bryan Adams)
    "Shotgun" (Steve Winwood)
    "Get Ready" (Tony Rich)
    "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby" (Steve Winwood, Sheryl Crow)
    "Hold On I'm Coming" (Don Henley, Steve Winwood)
    "Tequila" (Bobby Keys)
    "Gloria" (John Mellencamp)
    "Gimme Some Lovin'" (Steve Winwood)
    "Get Back" (Richie Sambora, Melissa Etheridge)

    The concert was aired several times on March 8, along with a 2-hour special called Garage Band Heroes featuring interviews and music of the participants, hosted by Max Weinberg.

    And that's the way it is...............

    HH <-------------really hopes this helps--------
    Ok...we agree, you weren`t sure who did C`Mon Everybody, and I said Bryam Adams in my reply..Right?

  12. #12
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Ok...we agree, you weren`t sure who did C`Mon Everybody, and I said Bryam Adams in my reply..Right?
    Looks or at least I thought you said, Bryan sang on Gimme Some Lovin.........which he didn't. But, your right, he did sing on C' Mon Everybody... so, here's your cookie for being right. **cough**

    HH
    Last edited by Hurricane Halen; 03.15.05 at 09:22 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Lodewijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.15.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    Spring, TX.
    Posts
    13,543
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

    05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    There's audio of this show up over at Guitars101 ! Thanks Sucka !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

  14. #14
    Good Enough LittleGuitars99's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.16.02
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,546
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    littleguitars
    Last Online

    12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen
    Looks or at least I thought you said, Bryan sang on Gimme Some Lovin.........which he didn't. But, your right, he did sing on C' Mon Everybody... so, here's your cookie for being right. **cough**

    HH
    Mmmmm Cookie.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Lance Armstrong & Sheryl Crow Split
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02.09.06, 08:20 AM
  2. SHERYL CROW/TRAIN
    By Vince G. in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.29.02, 08:37 AM
  3. SHERYL CROW THREAD
    By THE HULKAMANIAC BROTHER in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06.11.02, 10:27 AM
  4. Sheryl Crow can kiss my a##!!!!!
    By Buddhist Riff in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08.04.00, 06:40 AM
  5. Sheryl Crow can kiss my a##!!!!!
    By Buddhist Riff in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08.01.00, 02:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •