Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default Anyone ever been a UPS or FED EX driver?

I just had a package dropped off by the UPS guy and it got me to thinking.
    These guys are always happy!! I dont think I have ever had a bad experience with a UPS or Fed Ex driver. They seem to really enjoy the job. Everyone has a bad day now and then but these guys are allways cool and they get to wear shorts during the summer.

Doug from King of Queens seems to like being a IPS driver, Doug is a cool guy with hot wife.

Anyone ever worked for one of these companys driving a route? Seem to me that it would be a pretty cool job.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What happened to Maurice?

I was the shipping manager/grunt for my old company and I dealt with these guys every day. It's good pay and...wait for it...chicks dig UPS guys. The woman I used to work with used to call them "The Choclate Men" because of their brown uniforms. When they switched to shorts she made a point to "be around" at deliverey and pick-up time.

I dunno, a job where good looking women are happy to see you every day would put a smile on my face.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    I was just about to say that. He was a pisser.

On Fire
    Galveston Island (2 miles south of TEXAS)
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300

I was the shipping manager/grunt for my old company and I dealt with these guys every day. It's good pay and...wait for it...chicks dig UPS guys. The woman I used to work with used to call them "The Choclate Men" because of their brown uniforms. When they switched to shorts she made a point to "be around" at deliverey and pick-up time.

I dunno, a job where good looking women are happy to see you every day would put a smile on my face.
    I delivered flowers back when I was 18. Only real job I've ever had. Guys piss off their women and you get to bring the chick flowers. We were all long hair guys in bands and got invited in several times. Not a bad college job.
    "The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit." -David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

hehehehehehehehe...we call the guys in the delivery trucks "Buster Brown." Cuz they kinda look like that when they wear the shorts.

They get paid REALLY REALLY good. But they hustle their ass off for it too.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My experiences with them have led me to believe that some are not so bright. I had a FedEx person who lived one street over from me. I kept not getting my package. I would call the hub, and they would say it wasn’t delivered because our driver couldn’t find your house….he kept saying my street didn’t exist! I told the manager to tell him I live one street over from him….when he drives home tonight, tell him to look to his left.

Package was at my door the next day. What a dumbass.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.29.12 @ 02:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I'm your huckleberry....

Worked for Airborne Express for 9 years and UPS for 2 weeks.

Started with Airborne as a part timer and it rocked...good money, good bennies, sick days rocked, vacation days rocked. The girls, so many girls...so easy to hook up...fuck, that kicked ass. The other drivers...all the other drivers were cool as fuck. We would hang out after work all the time, bbq in the parking lot, drink beers....great, great bunch of guys.

I was in my early 20's when I took the job and I thought I would only be there for the summer, maybe a little longer because I was trying to get on with the NYPD. All the old timers at Airborne would laugh when I would tell them that I didn't plan to stay, turns out they all said the same shit 25 years earlier.

The next step up from part time was a "split-shift". From 8 a.m. to noon you would make deliveries, from noon to 3 p.m. you were off the clock, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. you would do a pick-up route.

IT FUCKING SUCKED ASS LIKE YOU COULD NOT BELIEVE.....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the time you couldn't bang out all your deliveries before noon, so you would fucking sit in the truck and stare at all the packages for 3 fucking hours then have to run your ass off trying to deliver them while you're doing your pick-up route on the other side of town. That or you would try to finish up AFTER your pick-up route which never worked cause everyone is closing up. So what you had to do is say, "Fuck Joe homeowner" during your morning deliveries. Deliver all the commercial accounts from 8-noon, sit on your ass for 3 hours, do your pick-ups, then go back out and do all your residential deliveries.

Did that shit for 3 years before making "straight 8".

Ahhhh....finally. A straight 8 hour shift, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., this shall rock.

Wrong.

Guy's, I could talk about this for months. The stories I could tell you, I should write a book. The shit you have to put up with....the stress and pressure the fucking supervisors would put on you....un-fucking-real. The shit they would fucking SAY to you....right to your FACE....my GOD.

I had to resign. I literally thought that if I didn't, I would have a stroke or a heart attack or that I would beat the living shit out of a supervisor and not only get fired but locked up.

UPS

Some advice for anyone considering a job with UPS. DO NOT GET HIRED DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON.

280 stops my first day...TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY. It was complete madness. My knees lasted a week and I fucking pushed myself through another before they just stopped working. UPS drivers are the highest paid in the industry yet they are STILL underpaid in my book....my hats off to them all (cept Maurice...that fucker was ready to snap).