Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default An Evening With Van Halen, Past, Present and Future

    First, Gary Cherone comes out with Extreme. They play 4 of their hits and end their set with Without You. This is the "warm up" for things to come. They go for about 30 mins. Short Intermission of 10 minutes.

    Sammy hits the stage with the WABOS. He scoots through his solo hits including There's Only One Way to Rock, I Can't Drive 55, Heavy Metal, Your Love is Driving Me Crazy, Rock Candy, Mas Tequilla etc. In the middle of it all, he slows down accoustically, and Eddie joins him on stage for Finish What Ya Started accoustically. Sammy and the Wabos play for about an hour total.

    Short intermission of about 10 mins.

    The lights dim, and out comes DLR with an acoustic guitar. He pretends to be "crashing this party". He rips into Ice Cream Man. Mid way through Ed's guitar kicks in and the whole classic band is there in all its glory. They play all the classics and end with Jump...as they are ending Sammy comes out and finishes JUMP with the band and DLR. Time with DLR on stage about 80 minutes.

    Now with Sam back on stage, the band plays about 8 classic Sam tunes including Dreams, 5150, When Its Love, Summer Nights, Top of the World, RIght Now, Humans Being, and Its about Time. They play for about 45 mins.

    They play Rock and Roll (Zep) at the end, and Gary, DLR, and Sammy trade off vocals. The show ends.

    No solos. No encores. Running Time 3.5 hours.

    Now that would be for the fans.

    BOOYAH, they don't call me Extreme Red Roth for nothin' !!!

    My times were thoughtfully put together based on lots of factors. How long could Dave go? How long could Sammy go? If Van Halen was all about the fans, they would make it work. Holy Shit, who wouldn't go?
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Eddymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    3800 foot level in the Sierra
    Posts
    15,108
    Favorite VH Album

    all of them
    Favorite VH Song

    If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

    Default

    Better yet, why not have Dave "crash" the party when Eddie and Sam are on the stage and SAMMY rips into Ice Cream Man on his accoustic guitar (why not have a REAL guitar player play that.

    Nice dreamin' man. But at what point in the show does that volatile mix erupt and a full brawl erupts on stage.
    Last edited by Eddymon; 03.10.05 at 03:57 AM.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

  3. #3
    On Fire mr.jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.12.00
    Location
    new england, usa
    Posts
    358
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1
    Last Online

    11.19.16 @ 03:37 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I'd buy that ticket.
    VAN HALEN...ROCK ON

  4. #4
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon
    Better yet, why not have Dave "crash" the party when Eddie and Sam are on the stage and SAMMY rips into Ice Cream Man on his accoustic guitar (why not have a REAL guitar player play that.

    Nice dreamin' man. But at what point in the show does that volatile mix erupt and a full brawl erupts on stage.
    Hey, this would only add to the show. Haha.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    17,183
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Likes
    1,826
    Liked 1,472 Times in 899 Posts

    In theory, not a bad idea. Unfortunately, the reality of all of that coming together wouldn't happen. Not enough room for all those egos.

    If this did happen, I'd pay to see it.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  6. #6
    Hot For Teacher forrestjump's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.05.03
    Location
    LAS VEGAS !!!
    Posts
    283
    Favorite VH Album

    84
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    07.18.13 @ 08:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth
    First, Gary Cherone comes out with Extreme. They play 4 of their hits and end their set with Without You. This is the "warm up" for things to come. They go for about 30 mins. Short Intermission of 10 minutes.

    Sammy hits the stage with the WABOS. He scoots through his solo hits including There's Only One Way to Rock, I Can't Drive 55, Heavy Metal, Your Love is Driving Me Crazy, Rock Candy, Mas Tequilla etc. In the middle of it all, he slows down accoustically, and Eddie joins him on stage for Finish What Ya Started accoustically. Sammy and the Wabos play for about an hour total.

    Short intermission of about 10 mins.

    The lights dim, and out comes DLR with an acoustic guitar. He pretends to be "crashing this party". He rips into Ice Cream Man. Mid way through Ed's guitar kicks in and the whole classic band is there in all its glory. They play all the classics and end with Jump...as they are ending Sammy comes out and finishes JUMP with the band and DLR. Time with DLR on stage about 80 minutes.

    Now with Sam back on stage, the band plays about 8 classic Sam tunes including Dreams, 5150, When Its Love, Summer Nights, Top of the World, RIght Now, Humans Being, and Its about Time. They play for about 45 mins.

    They play Rock and Roll (Zep) at the end, and Gary, DLR, and Sammy trade off vocals. The show ends.

    No solos. No encores. Running Time 3.5 hours.

    Now that would be for the fans.

    BOOYAH, they don't call me Extreme Red Roth for nothin' !!!

    My times were thoughtfully put together based on lots of factors. How long could Dave go? How long could Sammy go? If Van Halen was all about the fans, they would make it work. Holy Shit, who wouldn't go?
    I think we are from the Same planet!!!!! ROCK ON !!!!...plus don't you think they should stay in one city a week and play Wednesday through Sunday...then have 2 days off???....Make it the biggest Rock Show on the Planet...one show a night from 7 to 10 15 perfect. Tickets 50-200...sounds reasonable,think so???
    Last edited by forrestjump; 03.10.05 at 05:10 AM.

  7. #7
    The Frantic Antic TopTimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.04
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    633
    Favorite VH Album

    Olive um
    Favorite VH Song

    Everybody Wants Some!!!
    Last Online

    06.14.13 @ 10:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Sounds like an awesome show. Are tickets on sale by the gross?

  8. #8
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    05.27.04
    Posts
    266
    Last Online

    12.14.12 @ 12:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Woah.
    It's kinda freaky that I wrote wrote this post (in the Super Group thread) before finding this thread! Great opening post, by the way, Extreme Red Roth!
    Last edited by Hulk5150; 03.10.05 at 07:16 AM.
    Click HERE to see my Superhero-themed classroom!

  9. #9
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.05.04
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,684
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Likes
    42
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    sounds good...except please...no sammy solo set...yawn.....
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

    Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

    I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

  10. #10
    Eruption Perrott's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.25.04
    Age
    32
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    969
    Favorite VH Album

    Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    08.30.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Excellent post, a great idea! Tickets would be waaay more than 50-200 bucks though

  11. #11
    On Fire tankman's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.07.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    365
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 01:01 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Would be well worth the airfare!!!! Dream on guys!!

  12. #12
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.01.03
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    2,737
    Last Online

    12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Cool. When is the show?

  13. #13
    Hang 'Em High RRMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.09.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    EyeOhWuh
    Posts
    6,794
    Favorite VH Album

    The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

    Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

    05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan
    sounds good...except please...no sammy solo set...yawn.....
    Dude...give it a rest already.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

    "Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

    "Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)


    http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

    CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

  14. #14
    Sinner's Swing! jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.06.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Dusty Mexican Border Lounge
    Posts
    3,619
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

    04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I just called my Ticket broker and reserved 2 front row tickets for this......$2,000 each...and worth every penny.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

  15. #15
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk5150
    Woah.
    It's kinda freaky that I wrote wrote this post (in the Super Group thread) before finding this thread! Great opening post, by the way, Extreme Red Roth!
    That is freaky. If by opening post, you mean my first, I've been here awhile!
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Look to the Past to See the future of Eddie
    By Apocalypso in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09.27.06, 12:45 PM
  2. Future of Van Halen
    By Ted Templeman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01.28.05, 09:27 PM
  3. The Van Halen of the Future.......
    By famac@nuveen.com in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10.31.02, 07:27 AM
  4. Van Halen = Found Christmas Present
    By ian in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04.23.01, 05:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •