Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

View Poll Results: Which Beatles album is your favorite?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Please Please Me

0 0%
  • A Hard Day's Night

0 0%
  • Help!

0 0%
  • Rubber Soul

4 19.05%
  • Revolver

5 23.81%
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

2 9.52%
  • Magical Mystery Tour

0 0%
  • The White Album

5 23.81%
  • Abbey Road

4 19.05%
  • Let It Be

1 4.76%
Save
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 54552535455
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 2,092 Times in 969 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Lol, Ringo. Maybe the luckiest guy on planet earth.
    Ringo is as lucky as Pete Best is unlucky...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Last Online

10.19.19 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 10,996 Times in 6,065 Posts

Premium Member

Peter Jackson Details New Beatles Film Based on Unreleased ‘Let It Be’ Footage

“This movie will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about,” director says

3. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 2,324 Times in 1,563 Posts

…and we'll get "Let It Be" out of the vault as well!
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 02:54 PM
    Liked 1,697 Times in 1,119 Posts

Premium Member

Don't know if this specific vid has been posted but it's popping up
    On my YouTube feed. Re-mastered I guess. Great sound, video quality. Guess they lost Ringo's drums.

"I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 02:54 PM
    Liked 1,697 Times in 1,119 Posts

Premium Member

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...095740704.html

Ringo joins Paul onstage in LA. Also Paul gets a little help from Joe Walsh.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 18,427 Times in 10,503 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...095740704.html

Ringo joins Paul onstage in LA. Also Paul gets a little help from Joe Walsh.
    Always good to see Paul & Ringo together.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

12. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

10.18.19 @ 02:02 PM
    Liked 26,432 Times in 13,330 Posts

Premium Member

Nice of them to add Yoko.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Hundreds Gather at Abbey Road to Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Beatles’ Album Cover

Hundreds and possibly thousands of Beatles fans crowded at the Abbey Road crosswalk on a beautiful London morning to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the band’s iconic album cover, which was taken across the street from the studio in just a few minutes on Aug. 8, 1969.

The famous photo, captured by freelance photographer Iain Macmillan for the Beatles’ “Abbey Road” record, shows the four band members strolling through the zebra crossing right outside of the EMI Studios where they recorded the album. The St. John’s Wood crosswalk has since become a popular tourist spot as countless fans recreate their own versions of the shot while visiting.

Fan recreations were made even more believable on Thursday by the Black Volkwagon parked behind the crosswalk — the same type and model that sat in the background of the original picture. Some visitors even came dressed as members of the band, with one Lennon lookalike stepping on the crosswalk clad in an all-white suit as seen on the album cover, and a Paul McCartney double proposing to his girlfriend. Amidst the chaos, vehicles were reportedly stuck at the crosswalk for up to ten minutes due to the crowds, with police officers on duty to mitigate traffic.

The group and its label commemorated the date by announcing a forthcoming expanded edition of the album, due Sept. 27, which includes many studio outtakes and a deluxe book.

“Abbey Road” was the band’s 11th and last studio recordings by all four members of the group, including hits such as “Come Together,” “Here Comes the Sun,” and “Octopus’s Garden.” Although “Let It Be” was released in the following year and is technically the band’s last official album, it was recorded several months before “Abbey Road.” A playback of the album was the last time the four members were in the same room as the Beatles.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...zQceNNBH1a85SI

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 06:25 AM
    Liked 1,038 Times in 606 Posts

Well Giles Martin has done it again...I was skeptical when he remastered Sgt Peppers...and was blown away at how spacious and clear it was...then last year’s White Album album remaster...incredible...so far only Something has been released and it is so crisp, lush and full...
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Last Online

10.19.19 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 895 Times in 523 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Ringo has put out 8 studio albums since 2000, including What's My Name to be released this month. Here's the title track. He's selling 15,000-30,000 albums a shot. And he's soon to be 80 years old.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 2,324 Times in 1,563 Posts

Default The Beatles / The Singles Collection

from superdeluxeedition.com:

October 16, 2019 by Paul Sinclair

23 seven-inch singles in a box • Cut from original mono/stereo tapes

Apple Corps and Universal Music will issue The Singles Collection in November, a new Beatles box set that gathers all of their seven-inch vinyl single releases together in one box set.

The package gathers all 22 UK singles from the original era with their respective B-sides (or AA-side in the case of some). The exception to this is 1995’s ‘Free As A Bird’, which is the 23rd and final seven-inch included in this package, but becomes a double A-side with 1996’s Real Love. The original B-sides of those two Anthology-era singles – ‘Christmas Time (Is Here Again)’ and a live recording of ‘Baby’s In Black’ – are ignored). The EPs aren’t included in The Singles Collection, so no ‘Magical Mystery Tour’ or ‘Long Tall Sally’, for example.

Every single here reached number one in the UK charts, except ‘Love Me Do’ (#17), ‘Please Please Me’ (#2) ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’/’Penny Lane’ (#2) ‘Something’ (#4), ‘Let It Be’ (#2), Free As A Bird (#2) and Real Love (#4).

To make things interesting these seven-inch singles will use various international cover art, so the ‘Love Me Do’ sleeve is from the USA, ‘She Loves You’ from Germany and ‘Ticket to Ride’ is from Sweden (‘Free As A Bird’ had the same artwork everywhere).

Each seven-inch single is pressed on heavyweight vinyl (incorrectly described as “180g” by the label) and these are “newly cut for vinyl from their original mono and stereo master tapes” by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios.

The front cover of this box set is consistent with previous packages like the 2014 The Beatles in Mono vinyl box and this comes with a 40-page booklet with notes by Kevin Howlett.

Sadly, in this rather vinyl obsessed age, this singles box set isn’t being issued on CD. I doubt it was even considered but a set with Japanese style 3″ CD singles would have been cool.

The Singles Collection will be released on 22 November 2019. This is described as a ‘limited edition’ box although we don’t know how limited it is.

this had actually been done before, back in 1982:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-...elease/3082663

they did a box with the EPs as well, which I have, and it's pretty cool, even if I don't actually play the EPs any more!
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!