Favorite VH Album

VH1,Balance,FW,and VH3
    Favorite VH Song

Panama,without you and IAT
    Last Online

05.17.11 @ 11:41 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Help!:Beatles Thread

i love the beatles i think there a great band.i know how to play the intro to day tripper which i think sounds really cool.i was wondering if anyone else here likes the beatles????
    Rock on MotherFucker!!!!!!
    Official VH Links Van Halen 3 fan

Bands I Have Seen Live:
    Van Halen The Smashup
    Twisted Sister Sanctity
    Loverboy Into Eternity
    WASP 2X Overkill
    LA Guns Arch Eenemy
    Stephen Percy Opeth
    Collective Soul Lamb Of God
    Motley Crue 3x Megadeth
    Queensryche 2x Aerosmith
    Amon Amarth Angels & Airwaves
    Trivium
    Children Of Bodom
    Still Remains
    Suffocation
    It Dies Today
    Poison The Well
    Shadows Fall

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

06.26.16 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everybody likes the Beatles (even though many people won't admit it). I grew up on Beatles records.I still listen to them and they always continue to surprise me with how great those records and songs are.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 864 Times in 596 Posts

Premium Member

Beatles rule! My favourite period is probably from Help! to Magical Mystery Tour - before that they were too formulaic and after that they were too Yokoed. Not that they didn't do some good stuff in those other periods of course. Take Abbey Road - a lot of people pick it as the best, and while it's got a lot of great work on it, to me it's brought down by John's "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" - and at almost 8 minutes long, it just kills the album. Worse than George's mystical meanderings of "Within You Without You" on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band, which is 2 and a half minutes shorter and surrounded by stronger songs. Can't help but wonder what direction the band would've taken if John had never met Yoko...

Also wonder what the sixties would've been like if George Martin had produced the Rolling Stones instead of the Beatles. Sir George was a very integral part of those recordings.

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.09.16 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

The Beatles Rule. They did more for pop music in 8 years than most can hope to accomplish in a life time. They will be discussed in 200 years much in the same way we discuss Bach, Beethoven, or Mozart today.

The Beatles sold in excess of one billion, one hundred million records worldwide; one hundred sixty-six million, five hundred-thousand in the United States alone. They had 27 number one hits. Their compilation of these hits, released 30 years after they disbanded, has sold in excess of nine million units in the United States alone.

I never really understood what a good song was until I began to listen intently to the Beatles. I was probably 27 years old. The way I listened to music changed. The music styles I liked changed. Sometimes listening to the Beatles moves me to a different 'level'.

There is no formula, production trick, or breast enhancement that can make music like that. It's a good thing The Beatles came out in the 60s...I don't think they woulda been given a chance these days.

Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally! A Beatles Thread!

There's alot of good things to say about them.Dunno where to start.But I'll go on a limb here and say...Best songwriters of all-time.
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOVE the Beatles. Rubber Soul and Revolver are tied for my favorite album, but all of them are great. A few years ago I burned a couple of Beatles compilation CDs for my oldest son (he's 6 1/2 now) and he loves them too. And now my 3 year old is getting into them too. I can't tell how cool it is to be driving down the road and hearing my boys singing along with Love Me Do, Drive My Car, Get Back, etc. Always puts a smile on my face.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The Beatles are the greatest band of all time, period. People will still be listening to them 200 years from now (as stated above), and beyond. It's difficult think of another band that's even close to comparable. Their longevity will be untouchable.

What really irritates me is when the flavor-of-the-week boy band comes along and are immediately compared to the Beatles. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Yes, there may be screaming girls present, but that's about it. It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and ... what? Dogshit?

I was fortunate enough to see Paul McCartney on his Back in the U.S. tour. Let me tell you, it was like a religious experience. The man is a LEGEND. "He's old, he's past his prime, bla bla bla." WTF??? It's PAUL McCARTNEY, you idiot! He still plays and sings as well as he ever did, I think. I am glad to be alive at the same time as this guy, and am thankful I got to see him live.

My 5yo daughter watched him at the Superbowl and now she call him the Rock and Roll Boy.

Pauly rules.
    Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've tried to hate the Beatles, but I can't

Great songwriting, great proudction, great hooks.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.09.16 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    I've tried to hate the Beatles, but I can't
    Why??

Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick
    The Beatles are the greatest band of all time, period. People will still be listening to them 200 years from now (as stated above), and beyond. It's difficult think of another band that's even close to comparable. Their longevity will be untouchable.

What really irritates me is when the flavor-of-the-week boy band comes along and are immediately compared to the Beatles. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Yes, there may be screaming girls present, but that's about it. It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and ... what? Dogshit?

I was fortunate enough to see Paul McCartney on his Back in the U.S. tour. Let me tell you, it was like a religious experience. The man is a LEGEND. "He's old, he's past his prime, bla bla bla." WTF??? It's PAUL McCARTNEY, you idiot! He still plays and sings as well as he ever did, I think. I am glad to be alive at the same time as this guy, and am thankful I got to see him live.

My 5yo daughter watched him at the Superbowl and now she call him the Rock and Roll Boy.

Pauly rules.
    Shari
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 864 Times in 596 Posts

Premium Member

I just finished reading "The Beatles Anthology" - it took me a long time as I did not read it straight through, but of course the parts I've been reading lately are the parts about the end. And here it is, 30 years later - I've read versions of the story many times and yet it still makes me sad reading about how it fell apart for them. I thought it'd be fun to relive Beatle history sometime - probably never really do it - but to do an 8 year deal where you pretend the first year is '62 and play the albums on the day they came out originally, play the singles, watch the movies, etc. all through the years and just kind of see what it was like timewise every time a new Beatle product came out. It seems so short reading about it, but spread out over 8 years, it seems would give a better sense of what it was really like to experience the changes and everything that went through. I just wish that they'd made a decision in '69 or '70 to take a couple of years off, go do the things they wanted to do, then reconvene and see if they wanted to make music together again. The only part about the book that was wrong was they picked mostly John quotes that were kind towards McCartney, which totally glossed over the mean spiritedness and animosity that plagued their relationship through much of the '70s. Still a good book - just doesn't travel well!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Whatta silly question!!

BTW - Was there not a thread on these guys some time ago?? Or am I/have I losing it/lost it??

I think the question s/b, who DOESN'T like the Beatles??

If you haven't already, pick up the tribute concert that they did for George Harrison, by Eric Clapton and friends. Most notably, Paul and Ringo. An excellent show.
    Last edited by smithjc; 12.16.05 at 05:05 PM.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamIsOver
    Everybody likes the Beatles (even though many people won't admit it). I grew up on Beatles records.I still listen to them and they always continue to surprise me with how great those records and songs are.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

08.17.07 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Beatles are the greatest band ever...
    Period.
    "Music is for people. The word 'pop' is simply short for popular. It means that people like it. I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
    - Eddie Van Halen

"There's a plaque on our wall that says we've sold over 65 million albums, and I don't feel I've accomplished anything. I feel like I'm just getting started."
    - Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton