Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

01.23.14 @ 07:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default eddie started sucking when?

the answer is when the peavey wolfgang came out....a horrible, horrible guitar....i had one of the first ones made (black), and it would not stay in tune....it just flat out sucked ass.

Brian

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:49 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Sure you did.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen,1984,Fuck,
    Favorite VH Song

LUTS,ddl,Amsterdam
    Last Online

03.24.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Peavey wolfgangs are great guitars. if they're good enough for ed they're good enough for me.
    "I talked to the cancer. I told the f*cker the party was over" - Eddie Van Halen

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman". - Homer Simpson

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., Fair Warning, WACF,1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.10.05 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Right any sig guitar by Ed with a Floyd Rose, and a D tuna must be horrible. I'm sure fender makes a lot better guitars. I hate Fender, all of these kids are posing by wearing their shirts and stuff and Fender back then had good stuff but they don't have anything great nowdays.
    "The wold doesent revolve around DLR, but I like to think so" DLR May 1984

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

ok, so whats better than the peavey wolfgang? PRS? Gibson? Fender? Whats better than the guitar, built and designed by our king Edward Van Halen?
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

ou812, VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo, Light up the Sky
    Last Online

07.11.07 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dr.bullet
    the answer is when the peavey wolfgang came out....a horrible, horrible guitar....i had one of the first ones made (black), and it would not stay in tune....it just flat out sucked ass.

Brian
    THANK YOU! everyone else here kissed the wolfgang's ass so much. The only reason anyone here liked it was cause it was ed's guitar, you should choose by guitar, not who is endorsing it.
    Rice Burner

1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)

2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)

3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was talking about the overall quality of the guitar compared to a Strato or a Tele, and the Wolfgang is much better. I don't care who endorses a guitar, it's still a guitar. If you hate the Wolfgang you've hated the past few VH albums then cause guess what, it's a Wolfgang he was playin with.

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's exactly why i bought it.....i was so into eddie and the music man was just so much money that i wanted the peavey wolfgang even before i played it....i just assumed that if he approved it would be great....as i became a better guitar player i started to realize that it was a piece of shit....when i picked up an esp ltd (what epiphone is to gibson) that was a thousand dollars less, sounded better, stayed in tune, and just plain felt better (what's the story with the raised frets....garbage), i sold the wolfgang (which was a chore in of itself because once someone would come by to possibly pick up, they'd say thanks but no thanks.)

Brian

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, the earlier models might not play as well, but at least its worth a lot if what your saying is true that it was one of the first. Did you try stretching the strings or changining them or adjusting the neck or fix the tuning pegs?

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

who cares what company makes a guitar....if it feels good and sounds good that's enough....at the time i bought it i didn't know enough about guitars in general to make those decisions by myself....eddie was king and i scooped it up....for people who own them i feel bad cause they're a lemon. after eddie left ernie ball to join peavey the evh music man became a great investment cause they're just great guitars and now worth big bucks....the peavey's will not go up in value. that's a fact. especially those awful coloured ones....the finish on those was just so bad....the quilt was definitely not a word i would use to describe the look of them....just looked wrong....no continuity in finish at all.

Brian

Favorite VH Album

ALL ALBUMS from ALL ERAS!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL SONGS from ALL ERAS!
    Last Online

11.25.07 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Peavey makes mediocre guitars. However, I haven't had the opportunity to get my hands on a Wolfgang. I will vouch that Peavey amps BUMP!!! They are awesome! That's Peavey's saving grace. I WOULD LOVE to get my hands on a 5150 or 5150 II. I forget, what's the new name of the continuation of the 5150 amps? I think Eddie should still endorse Peavey, as far as amps go, but not the guitars. It's very common in the business. Heck, this year at NAMM, Michael Anthony was endorsing Yamaha guitars, Dean-Markeley guitars, and Ampeg amps! But with the guitars, I suppose it's ok that Eddie "FIRED" Peavey, at least that's what the VHLinks' home page keeps reminding us! LOL. However, I don't think Hartley Peavey would allow Edward to endorse his amps, but not his guitars. Hartley has always been an "all or nothing" kind of guy. Of course, we are all wondering who EVH will endorse on the guitar side, but I'm just as curious (and anxious) to see which amps he will endorse! Any clues? Any suggestions? I hope not Marshall. Sure, they were good back in the day, and Eddie used to use them a lot (or at least gut them, lol), but Marshall's heyday has come and gone. Could Eddie go with Crate? Or are those amps too dirty/heavy for him? I mean, come on, MEGADETH uses them! Then again, our boy, Sammy, endorses them, too! If Edward & Sammy are really getting along well, they could endorse alongside each other in the same company! Much like how Sammy & Michael both endorse Yahama guitars!
    P.S. The Peavey booth was HUGE at this year's NAMM, and when I mentioned EVH's name at Peavey, some employees were nervous, others were bummed. I also had fun at Peavey getting distracted by the Jagermeister girls, and another day, L.A. Laker LUKE WALTON and some Laker girls were there! PEAVEY KNOWS HOW TO PARTY!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.19.07 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hold on now. Are we talking the REAL Wolfgang's? Or the mediocre ones? I never got a Wolfgang. Never heard anything positive about them. Played one myself and didn't like it at all. It wasn't comfortable feeling. BUT, then I came to find out, unlike with the music man, there are different vaiations of the Wolfgang and different quality's. You can find a wolfgang for 600 bucks or so. Something affordable. But a real full on model of the Wolfgang is just as expensive as the music man. Big bucks. That's why I think it was rare to see the real wolfgang model in stores. So truthfully, actually, no, I don't think i've played the good quality woldgang. However, I do have the music man and I love it. If I get another back up guitar, it'll be another music man. That design was flawless. Handles beautifully. Great tone. Easy feel. Great guitars. I also handled one of the new Peavey HP speacials at the NAMM show and it felt really good. Almost like the music man. So I think it all depends on what kind of Wolfgang you've been exposed to.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

01.24.08 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default When DLR Left

When DLR Left the band. Dave and Ed made magic. That brown sound and the type of playing Ed did with Dave was so unique. Now with Sammy they are a great rock band but nothing special like with Dave.

With Dave they weren't a rock band, they were bigger than life. The sound, music, attitude and lifestlye.

Anyone who thinks a guitar is what made him suck is fooling themselves. He was good on VH III but after that he hada mental breakdown. So the true answer is: When he had a breakdown.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

This is just rediculous

You guys are so off on this one. Let's break it down. First the neck on the Wolfgang is birdseye maple-just like the Music man and for that matter patterned after the Kramer 5150.

Second the fretwire is identical to the Musicman-check it.

Third, the body is made of basswood like the Music Man and the Kramer 5150 with the exception of some with maple tops. Although I will agree the actual wood grain figuring was inconsistent this didn't alter the tone one bit. It was if anything more resonant because of the arch top ala prs's, Les Pauls etc. than the Music Man or Kramer as the were flat. It had a Floyd rose licensed trem, just like the Musicman. The only difference was the pickups which to a lot of peoples ears sound even better than the Musicman. I owned an Amber quilt Musicman (sold it for a small fortune) and then bought a Black Wolfie Standard in 1996-Patent Pend model. Still have it and love it. To me it is everybit as good if not better than the Musicman.In fact some things were improved such as the tilt back head stock which improves sustain and the pickup selector switch is more convenient. Again, other than a few minor details same guitar! So why is the Wolfie a suck ass guitar? Because not every step was done by hand? That's shit! If anything stuff made by human hands is inferior due to inconsistency by those human hands.Colors? Has no bearing on sound, just pick a color you like for God's sake!

I just don't ever get this Wolf bashing ( at least the high end models). I realize the low ends were and are shit-no arguement there! But for the Standards, if you don't like them you basically don't like the Musicman-It's the same guitar! If you don't believe me check all the specs on both from the tuners to the strap holders.The only diference is cosmetics people! And frankly to me the Wolf looks like it has an attitude! I wouldn't ever sell mine
    ( well maybe for the right price! Ha!)

Everyone has there opinion, and I respect that, but lets try to look at the facts on this one. Do you remember Ed in the Peavey shop literally making the first Wolf? I do and have plenty of pics. Would Ed make an inferior guitar to the Musicman? Read those old articles about how he felt about this new guitar , his baby, what he made from his own hands and tell me it sucks! He was damn proud and should have been. All production models were made exactly from that guitar -so in essence the Wolf was hand made.

Did any of you haters take the virtual tour of the Factory dedicated solely to the Wolf? Awesome in a word. And the way it detailed the production process can't be found to be in any way faulty. The custom shop, are they shit to or are they good because they are made by hand?

And finally, was ordering a guitar from Musicman and paying up front $2000 to your local shop any fun when you might not even get the damn thing for 12-18 months? Or get to even play it before you bought it?

Come on people wise up and look at the facts. I'll bet anyone big money that the next guitar Ed backs will be what? Any guesses? You guessed it, birdseye maple neck, basswood body with a maple top option, floyd, quality schaller or gotoh tuners and some sort of hot pickup hand wound to the man himself's ears. I guess those will suck too because they won't have any "pretty colors"

One thing is correct-you should buy a guitar that works for your genre of music, feels good to you and all that, not just what your favorite player endorses. I will keep playing my wolfie as it is all the above for me and my music. I don't give a shit what Ed plays next because it will be relatively the same progression we've seen as I mentioned above.If that's not your bag then fine get a fender or a Les Paul which by the way aren't "hand made" either.

Favorite VH Album

Alright, I admit - All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Peavey guitar I had stayed in tune and it sounded great. The one thing I didn't change on the guitar before I sold it was the strings. Even with old strings, the guitar stayed in tune. Usually with old strings you have to retune the guitar after a few minutes of playing. I would play that guitar for a couple days without retuning it. It was that great of a guitar.

I bought the Wolfgang after I tried it out at the local shop not because it was EVH's name on it. They had every model of it there and the standard impressed me the most.

Time to save up some $ and buy another Peavey and maybe the Kramer 1984 reissue coming out in April (I'd replace the pickup because I read it sucks for the reissue).
    Homer: No one snuggles with Max Power. Just strap on and feel the Gs!

American Coast Guard: Back off Canadians we got them.
    Canadian Coast Guard: You back off hosers, they are in Canadian waters, eh.
    American Coast Guard: Beat it you puck smacking maple suckers!
    Canadian Coast Guard: Take a hike you Shatner stealing Mexico touchers!

Bart: Who the hell is this?
    Jack Bauer: I’m Jack Bauer, who the hell is this?
    Bart: Me, er… I’m Ahmed Adudi
    Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…
    Jack: … Really?
    Chloe (ironically): No Jack it’s a joke name, you’re being set up.
    Jack: DAMMIT!