Favorite VH Album

VH I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, dirty movies
    Last Online

03.06.12 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Hear about it later, tonight on vh1

yeah I know someone might move this thread, but I kind of like everyone who hangs in the guitar room and feel comfortable here. So I put on VH1 tongiht and I dont know waht show it was but it was all about dudes partying at concerts in the 80s, interviewing a lot of current bands like fuel and they would talk about going to judas priest or whaever. Then dweezil zappa came on and they showed VH in concert and eddie was playing the intro to hear about it later and they played a little of So this is Love...and this wasnt bogus footage, it was live without a net quality, where has this footage gone? They gotta release some shit! Then Dweezil started to play runni with the devil and they cut it out cause they said they couldnt show him playing it....very weird. But very cool to see footage of the DLR years and hear some fair warning stuff! ANyone else see this or have seen this footage?

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah , this is the footage everyone has been looking for , I have this stuff on tape that I recorded from mtv back in the 80's this is what evryone wants on dvd but Eddie and Al wont release this stuff because they dont want to give any glory to Dave. The footage I have is unchained and so this is love but I have seen hear about it later. Its the HOLY GRAIL of all VH footage! Good luck getting your hands on it !

Favorite VH Album

VH I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, dirty movies
    Last Online

03.06.12 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

haha yeah it really is the HOLY GRAIL of VH footage. WHen I was in middle school I got some guy to mail me a vhs bootleg of one of their shows on their 1984 tour, I think it might have been in canada or somewhere in the north, Ill check. But it is GHETTO bootleg, but cool none the less. The dude must have been dead center in the upper deck, and they didnt have those big screens. But its still cool as fuck, full concert, beginning to end, just old as hell....

Favorite VH Album

VH1, FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Show No Merc
    Last Online

10.20.06 @ 08:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dainjerus
    yeah I know someone might move this thread, but I kind of like everyone who hangs in the guitar room and feel comfortable here. So I put on VH1 tongiht and I dont know waht show it was but it was all about dudes partying at concerts in the 80s, interviewing a lot of current bands like fuel and they would talk about going to judas priest or whaever. Then dweezil zappa came on and they showed VH in concert and eddie was playing the intro to hear about it later and they played a little of So this is Love...and this wasnt bogus footage, it was live without a net quality, where has this footage gone? They gotta release some shit! Then Dweezil started to play runni with the devil and they cut it out cause they said they couldnt show him playing it....very weird. But very cool to see footage of the DLR years and hear some fair warning stuff! ANyone else see this or have seen this footage?
    There are official videos for Unchained, So This Is Love & Hear About It Later which were filmed live in Oakland June 1981.
    Van Halen Live: 15 shows.
    Have I seen my last one?

Favorite VH Album

ALL ALBUMS from ALL ERAS!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL SONGS from ALL ERAS!
    Last Online

11.25.07 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ericjt
    There are official videos for Unchained, So This Is Love & Hear About It Later which were filmed live in Oakland June 1981.
    I could have sworn that they were filmed in San Diego. I've even seen an amazing Unchained video on VH-1 Classic where Dave says in the middle: "We've been on a break, San Diego. Did you miss us? We'rrrrrrrrrrrre back. Change...and nothing stays the same..."
    Where was the one filmed where Eddie had candy-cane striped knee-high socks?
    I wish I could get ALL of this footage for Oakland & San Diego, both video and audio! I remember that EVH was playing UNCHAINED so fast (way faster than on the album), that DLR was having trouble keeping up, and just gave up on some lines, and was out of breath! Imagine how hard it must be to keep up with EVH! Also, doing the splits jump kicks, and straight-up jump kicks from the drum riser will take the breath out of you, too!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

this was discussed ad nauseum a while back at vhtrading.com
    from what i remember some people in the know stated that the footage, since it wasn't transferred to newer means...like dvd or something..., deteriorated and is pretty much useless right now...
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Don't know if this is old news, but if you go to www.guitars101.com there are some very nice VH boots. You can listen to stuff from every era. I think it's Suckaina3Piece's site. An AWESOME resource for older stuff.

Psst--it would be in your best interest to register/log in if you are interested in this.

The VH-1 Program is called "My Coolest Years." Dweezil is a lucky dude. He had Eddie produce a song for him when he was 12, can play the "Mean Street" intro perfectly, and spoons Lisa Loeb at night. Sheesh.
    Last edited by mk5; 03.03.05 at 09:21 AM.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.19.05 @ 06:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I gota awsome DVD

I got a DVD called, Van Halen The Early Years and its a band documentary about the forming of the band and how they started its really interesting and it only covers the Roth era stuff.

Does have some video of band interviews but its mostly people who knew the band, old roadies, friends, etc....talking about the early days. I have seen a live video aired on VH1 once Unchained when Ed was playing his black and yellow guitar....man that stuff is hard to find...I wish Ed would just give Dave some credit and release the damn video already...

Anyone seen it?

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pilotrcm
    I have seen a live video aired on VH1 once Unchained when Ed was playing his black and yellow guitar....man that stuff is hard to find...I wish Ed would just give Dave some credit and release the damn video already...
    I wasn't aware he ever played the black and yellow guitar outside of the II tour. Are you sure it wasn't his black and white "Unchained" guitar?

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Why do you assume the reason this stuff hasn't been released is because Ed doesn't want to give Dave any credit? You think Ed isn't aware Dave is a big part of why they are where they are today? More importantly, do you think Ed isn't aware that most fans know Dave is a very big part of VH's success and legacy?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.19.05 @ 06:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chain...

I dont think Ed cares for Dave one bit (did you hear about the "Ill kick ya in the balls bit " at the MTV awards?). Im sure he knows Dave was a huge part of Van Halen but Ed does NOT seem like the kinda person who dweels on the past.
    Its just odd how there are two published concert videos and both are Sammy.
    Why cant you buy early era videos? Is he afraid of the quality of film (and these films DO exist, I and others have seeen them)?
    Then again, Ed may have less to do with these videos than we think, perhaps there are other private share owners that own part of Van Halen materials and merchandise and his hands may be tied....

Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, Texas!
    Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.15.12 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Duh, you can get Unchained, Hear about it later, and So this is Love on ebay from any VH comp DVD. I've got it and it's perfect quality.