Favorite VH Song

From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 743 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    I really liked the Bastards record
    That record kicks, man!

It has such a nice line up - Wurzel and Mikkey together!!!!
    And LOTS of cool tunes that the band used to play after its release; Burner, Born to Raise Hell, Death or Glory, Feet or Knees, Liar, Bad Woman, I'm Your Man!!!!
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978

"Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.19 @ 05:11 PM
    Liked 19,063 Times in 10,914 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Yea, saying they didn't have "the songs" for mass appeal wouldn't be exactly correct IMO, more like the didn't have "the sound" for mass appeal. Lemmy is actually a helluva good songwriter and wrote really good lyrics, a lot of tongue in cheek and clever stuff buried in there.
    He wrote this one.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.19 @ 05:11 PM
    Liked 19,063 Times in 10,914 Posts

Lemmy

Philthy Animal

Fast Eddie

RIP

MOTORHEAD, FUCK YEAH
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.19 @ 10:49 AM
    Liked 74 Times in 53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    He wrote this one.

Lemmy said he made more off of the songwriting credit for that song than any of his own.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 02:40 PM
    Liked 270 Times in 191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Lemmy said he made more off of the songwriting credit for that song than any of his own.
    Absolutely, Motorhead wasn't a hit machine, but my fuck they were consistently kick ass

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    Absolutely, Motorhead wasn't a hit machine, but my fuck they were consistently kick ass
    Right On!

I never, ever listened to a bad Motörhead record.
    Another Perfect Day remains as my no. 01 since I listened to it in 1983.
    But all their albums are pretty cool with lots of damn fine tunes.
    I even enjoy a lot the Under Cöver compilation (2017).
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978

"Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.19 @ 07:12 PM
    Liked 9,215 Times in 6,630 Posts

Premium Member

I never got into this band...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.19 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 27,025 Times in 13,641 Posts

Lemmy was a great songwriter. I don't think No More Tears being a hit record is a coincidence. His voice was a guarantee that they would never be more than a cult band.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 11:38 AM
    Liked 12,644 Times in 6,927 Posts

"Another Perfect Day" is also my no.1 Motorhead album, followed by Spades, Fist & Overkill.

But i heard this later tune recently, and thought: These guys just always deliver, somehow.
    Great title, too.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.15.19 @ 07:25 PM
    Liked 3,431 Times in 1,814 Posts

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I never got into this band...
    I never got it Poison or Trixter. Enuff z'nuff, Britny Fox, Kix, Warrant and similar ones.
    Or some stuff bands like Picture, Raven, Saxon and many good bands released in certain point of their careers.

Traitor (by Picture) is terrible and meaningless - You'd never imagine these guys put out stuff like Heavy Metal Ears or Diamond Dreamer. Stay Hard and The Pack is Back are the lowest points inside Raven's discography - both records are damn hard to listen to that it hurts soooo bad. IMHO, Saxon did pretty well until the Innocence is no Excuse record. Althought it has a very nice front cover, the record lack balls and attitude if compared to their other previous records. I remember enjoying the video shoot for Back on the Streets and Broken Heroes and those were the best tunes if I remember that well. I guess get signed by a major label had its price.

Anyway, what I'm trying to tell you is that Motörhead never wanted the mainstream like many other acts would do. You can't imagine Lemmy wearing the same visual Vince Neil did in order to sell more records, get more chicks and make even more money. I can understand you don't get into the band and their music 'cos I think they are TOO heavy for your ears, man. But if you check out, most of the Thrash/Death Metal scene would mention Motörhead as an influence and ALL of them do respect the band and their line-ups. And I guess you do enjoy a few Thrash Metal bands, right?

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.11.19 @ 02:40 PM
    Liked 270 Times in 191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    I never got it Poison or Trixter. Enuff z'nuff, Britny Fox, Kix, Warrant and similar ones.
    Or some stuff bands like Picture, Raven, Saxon and many good bands released in certain point of their careers.

Traitor (by Picture) is terrible and meaningless - You'd never imagine these guys put out stuff like Heavy Metal Ears or Diamond Dreamer. Stay Hard and The Pack is Back are the lowest points inside Raven's discography - both records are damn hard to listen to that it hurts soooo bad. IMHO, Saxon did pretty well until the Innocence is no Excuse record. Althought it has a very nice front cover, the record lack balls and attitude if compared to their other previous records. I remember enjoying the video shoot for Back on the Streets and Broken Heroes and those were the best tunes if I remember that well. I guess get signed by a major label had its price.

Anyway, what I'm trying to tell you is that Motörhead never wanted the mainstream like many other acts would do. You can't imagine Lemmy wearing the same visual Vince Neil did in order to sell more records, get more chicks and make even more money. I can understand you don't get into the band and their music 'cos I think they are TOO heavy for your ears, man. But if you check out, most of the Thrash/Death Metal scene would mention Motörhead as an influence and ALL of them do respect the band and their line-ups. And I guess you do enjoy a few Thrash Metal bands, right?
    That's what sets Motorhead apart from everyone who was influenced by them as well as their contemporaries, Lemmy wrote whatever he wanted and there is just an unmistakable consistency to their catalogue. And that's the funny thing, I would much rather listen to Motorhead's worst releases over the worst of my other favorite bands.