Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 1,327 Times in 824 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    said he was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer a couple of days ago? wow. I've know people diagnosed who died in weeks or a month after diagnosis, largely because they ignored all symptoms and went without health care until it just could not be ignored any longer, but damn..a couple of days to put things in order? That's tough

RIP
    What a shame
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 26,020 Times in 13,132 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    said he was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer a couple of days ago? wow. I've know people diagnosed who died in weeks or a month after diagnosis, largely because they ignored all symptoms and went without health care until it just could not be ignored any longer, but damn..a couple of days to put things in order? That's tough

RIP
    I know a guy that recently passed like this. Said he wasn't feeling well for about a week, went to see the doctor, ran some tests, then sent him for the full array. Brain cancer, and he was dead within a week. Spooky shit.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Last Online

04.21.16 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

RIP Lemmy. Always thought when it came to headbanging music, Motorhead could not be topped. We have lost a rock icon.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 2,267 Times in 1,524 Posts

Damn. Rest in peace, Lemmy

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 252 Times in 146 Posts

Another true legend passes, RIP Lemmy, your music lives on.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Last Online

08.23.19 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 894 Times in 522 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I always liked that guy.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 863 Times in 454 Posts

Man, what shitty news. Anyone following Lemmy/Motorhead even casually over the past few years knew he was living on borrowed time and the last couple years especially saw his health take a nosedive but this still comes as a shock, especially considering his 70th birthday was Christmas Eve. Apparently he was *just* diagnosed with terminal cancer over the weekend. I would not be surprised to read he said "fuck it" and pounded a bottle of JD that pushed him over the edge or even offed himself, that's the kind of "my way" attitude he always lived by.

I was lucky enough to see Motorhead a bunch of times, at arguably their peak in 1985 (with Wendy O' Williams opening!), later in '86, '87, '92, '03 and 2008. Will be heading out to the garage to bang away on some Motorhead at top volume and knock down a few.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 2,150 Times in 1,207 Posts

One was guy at blabbermouth.net was saying he lived 70 Lemmy years, which translates to about 250 human years!
    Little Dreamer

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

08.23.19 @ 06:36 PM
    Liked 3,349 Times in 1,764 Posts

Lemmy: The Real Deal

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Right now
    Last Online

08.12.19 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 306 Times in 175 Posts

Absolutely gutted today. What a legend.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

08.21.19 @ 06:25 PM
    Liked 2,708 Times in 1,249 Posts

Saw them in '81 at Kerrisdale Arena opening up for Ozzy.

The Live No Sleep Till Hammersmith tour the stage looked exactly like the album cover. I was clean cut 13 years old surrounded by one of the most rowdy looking long hair leather jacket wearing crowds I'd ever been in. I remember wandering up to the front on the floor everyone was so much taller I distinctly remember a few guys laughing at me wondering what this little kid is doing here. My memory is still vividly clear as it is for my first VH show a couple months before this one. While Motorhead were playing you could see the sun beaming through the roof of the venue and it was hot as hell and of course super loud. I'll never forget their stage lighting rig it was way bigger and better than Ozzy's. It looked just like the album cover.

Quite a few anecdotes about the whole night but too long to type in a clear cohesive manner. Randy Rhodes was playing soccer up top on the field before the doors opened but no one noticed until it was too late. Lots of hardcore wastecase party people hanging around outside on a beautiful sunny day. One chick walking around with her top off. Motorcycles roaring up and down the street. This was not the regular neighborhood for shows back then.

It was the only time I'd seen them live but remember seeing some of the other guys walking down Granville Street in their leather jackets with the Motorhead patches on the back in the middle of the day. Thought to myself I should go to the show I think they were playing The Vogue. But I'm not a huge Motorhead fan mainly just like the main big hits and wasn't in the right mood at the time.

I saw Fast Eddie Clarke a few times after his band Fastway opened up for Iron Maiden and a couple other bands back then. Thought they were pretty good.

Lemmy is a huge Nazi Memorbilia collector and history buff. I'm guessing Ozzy might inherit some of his stuff.

Honestly not at all surprised he died. In fact I'm more surprised he didn't die sooner.

I only have three albums Ace Of Spades, Live At Hammersmith and a Best Of compilation I only listen to that kinda music when I'm inebriated.

Killed By Death is one of my top favorites love the video I'm gonna YouTube it now and crank it up.

One other thing- I loved his quote in Zlozower's first VH book. Lemmy said he saw VH at the Rainbow Theatre in England and said it wasn't loud enough. Then said if DLR were to get back with them he would see them again.

Also- Just found out he did a Christmas tune with Billy Gibbons. Quite a few pics of Lemmy with The Reverand as well as many other big names of rock including EVH.

He is loved by many. That says a lot.

RIP.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 12.28.15 at 09:02 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 02:35 PM
    Liked 8,980 Times in 6,449 Posts

Premium Member

R.I.P. to Lemmy.
    Condolences to his family & friends, and fans.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.17.19 @ 09:50 AM
    Liked 497 Times in 233 Posts

Even though he was 70 and that he's been sick.. I still cant believe he's gone. I thought he would outlive K. Richards.
    81' Rules

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Last edited by Heisenberg; 12.29.15 at 12:33 AM.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Holy Fuck!!!

Everywhere I surfed tonight Lemmy is there even Michael Anthony's FB just posted a tribute.

More condolences than Philthy Animal Taylor a little while back.

I guess he's like the John Lennon of Metal or something.

Personally my interpretations a tad bit different but Ill keep my drunken pie hole shut.