Register
Save
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorhead

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

08.31.19 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts

Default Trailer for the new Lemmy Movie!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Saw them 3 days ago in KC, it was awesome. Unbelievable loud, easily the loudest show I've ever seen. Should have worn plugs, ears still ringing just a bit, great show. Lemmy and Phil were great. Last night that Matt Sorum played with them, he's no Mickey Dee that's for sure, but he played OK. Seemed like he was having some trouble keeping up.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When is that bloody movie going to come out? The website mentions nothing other than it hitting the spring 09 festival circuit, of which it didn't. If ever there was a subject deserving of a bio pic, its Lemmy.
    Last edited by looper_guy; 09.27.09 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 02:59 AM
    Liked 331 Times in 172 Posts

Nice, Reb! I'd love to see those guys again. I could imagine Sorum having a hard time. He's a good groover and the 'ead is all about raw rock and punk energy.

Seen 'em three times. One time after a show (91 or 92) we ran into them in a bar and had a drink with them. My friend ordered a scotch and Lemmy made fun of him for it. It was a good-natured ribbing.

Motorhead is totally badass. It doesn't matter how I feel or what's going on, but every time I hear "Ace Of Spades" I get so freakin' pumped. They have so many great songs.

It'd be tight to have seen a Motorhead/Discharge show.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    When is that bloody movie going to come out? The website mentions nothing other than it hitting the spring 09 festival circuit, of which it didn't. If ever there was a subject deserving of a bio pic, its Lemmy.
    I just watched the trailer again, when is this damn thing coming out??? It's gonna be awesome!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Lemmy Motorhead Film To Premiere At SXSW

by Paul Cashmere - January 7 2010
    photo by Ros O'Gorman

Lemmy, the documentary about Motorhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister, will have its world premiere at SXSW in Texas in March.

Dave Grohl said “Fuck Keith Richards, fuck all those dudes who survived the 60s flying around in Lear jets living up their gunslinger reputation as they fuck supermodels in the most expensive hotel in Paris. You know what Lemmy is doing? Lemmy is probably drinking Jack and Cokes and writing another record”.

Alice Cooper called him a pirate. “Lemmy was at the beginning of heavy metal. Maybe he even predates Black Sabbath. If we were in the 17th century, you don’t think he’d be a pirate? All the guys in Motorhead would be pirates. He is Captain Hook”.

‘Lemmy The Movie’ was produced by Greg Oliver and Wes Orchoski who will head to SXSW to seek distribution for the film.

64-year old Lemmy had this to say of the movie “Amazing! See Lemmy breathe in and breathe out!! See him move his fingers independently!! All singing and dancing!! Give generously!!!”

-----------------

It's getting close!! Somebody will pick it up and put this out, I can't wait!

Last Online

05.02.17 @ 06:29 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default New Motorhead Record - Preview Entire Record

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

I've got the CD/Magazine pack preordered, I can't wait!!

http://www.amazon.com/World-Yours-Cl..._other_title_0

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 38 Posts

Donor

Lemmy on the Adam Carolla show.

http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/2011/01/17/lemmy/

Haven't listened yet, but it's in the "morning drive" queue.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

09.23.19 @ 08:36 AM
    Liked 2,449 Times in 1,299 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post

I watched this movie the other day. It was pretty cool.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Good Enough
    Last Online

09.23.19 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 911 Times in 477 Posts

Default R.I.P. Wurzel

Apparently Motorhead's former guitarist, Wurzel died yesterday at the relatively young age of 61. The cause is unknown. He was part of arguably Motorhead's best lineup when it was a twin guitar band between '84 - '94.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 2,189 Times in 1,231 Posts

Motorhead's best line-up was with "Fast" Eddie Clark and Phil "Animal" Taylor, when they create "Ace of Spades," "Bomber" and all the rest. Just sayin'
    Little Dreamer

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Motorhead's best line-up was with "Fast" Eddie Clark and Phil "Animal" Taylor, when they create "Ace of Spades," "Bomber" and all the rest. Just sayin'
    I would venture to say the best lineup is the current one. I know they made their hits, but the current one is pretty special.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

09.23.19 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 2,302 Times in 1,547 Posts

Default Motorhead's Kilmister Talks New HeadCat Album, Beatles Influence

from billboard.com:

After being reactivated for five years, Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister says the members of his other band, HeadCat, "got to a point where we said we better do a new album 'cause we can't go out playing all the old songs all the time."

The result is "Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk," a 12-song set -- 10 covers and two originals -- recorded over four days in June of 2010 at Sage and Sound Studios in Hollywood. "I thought of most of (the songs)," says Lemmy, who formed HeadCat in 2000 with Stray Cats drummer Slim Jim Phantom and guitarist/pianist Danny Harvey (the Rockats, Lonesome Spur) for the Elvis Presley tribute album "Swing Cats..." HeadCat released its first album, "Fool's Paradise," in 2006 and a live DVD a year later.

"You always have your favorites, and you know stuff you shouldn't do," Lemmy says about song selection. "Like, you should never try and do a Little Richard song, 'cause he's done it better, so just forget it. Anybody else is fair game." Instead "Walk the Walk..." includes full-throttle HeadCat versions of Presley's "Trying to Get to You," Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock" and Eddie Cochran's "Something Else," as well as off-genre selections such as the Beatles' "You Can't Do That" and Robert Johnson's Cream-popularized "Crossroads." "The Beatles were my boys," Lemmy says. "Everybody in England was either the (Rolling) Stones or the Beatles. I was the Beatles...I was always very impressed by 'You Can't Do That.' When I heard it, I thought it was a soul group. It didn't sound like white boys."

Of "Walk the Walk's..." originals, Lemmy says "American Beat" was written in 10 minutes, while "The Eagle Flies on Friday" is "just a plagiarized blues, really. I always loved the blues, right from the first time I ever heard it -- probably Jimmy Reed. So we thought we'd do one of those. And then with 'American Beat,' we wanted to write one of those upbeat rock 'n' roll songs."

Any HeadCat fans will likely have to be satisfied with the album only this year, Lemmy says. He expects to be on the road with Motorhead for the balance of the year, though he says that doing more with HeadCat strikes his fancy. "As I'm getting older, it's a lot easier to play with HeadCat," he acknowledges. "I don't have to hit it quite as hard or screech quite as loud. Some of the songs are downright singing, you know? We'll see what happens in the next couple years." But, he quickly adds, "I love Motorhead, too. It's my baby."

Meanwhile, Lemmy says he's also recorded 10 songs for a solo album he's been working on for the past seven years. Guests so far include Dave Grohl, Joan Jett, the Reverend Horton Heat and the Damned, and Lemmy is hoping to finish it soon for possible release in 2012. "It's good. It goes all kinds of directions," he says. "It's either very inconsistent or very eclectic, depending how you look at it." A title has not yet been determined, though Lemmy cracks that, "Maybe I'll call it 'False Teeth for the Deaf.' "

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.22.19 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 2,189 Times in 1,231 Posts

Lemmy is God. Fact.
    Little Dreamer