Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Eruption ETRIGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.12.99
    Location
    O.C. Calif
    Posts
    1,054
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default Have you? My Chemical Romance.

    Has anyone else got a hold of this record? I was really thinking they would be a Blink 182 type act. But this album rules! Great songwriting, great lyrics and are those guitar solos I hear?!?!?

    I am really shocked how good "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" is. Not a clunker on the whole album.

    http://www.mychemicalromance.com/
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETRIGAN
    Has anyone else got a hold of this record? I was really thinking they would be a Blink 182 type act. But this album rules! Great songwriting, great lyrics and are those guitar solos I hear?!?!?

    I am really shocked how good "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" is. Not a clunker on the whole album.

    http://www.mychemicalromance.com/
    I agree, good band, good music, funny videos...

  3. #3
    Eruption Junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.13.04
    Age
    40
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,353
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    By all accounts, I should hate the hell out of this band but I really like it. Great hooks. High energy. They're an MTV wet dream now that Blink 182's kaput and for that reason alone should be my nemisis. But it's a really strong album.

  4. #4
    Romeo Delight inertiatic esp's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.04
    Posts
    116
    Last Online

    06.02.05 @ 10:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I saw the Nintendo Fusion Tour back in October and to be honest with you, My Chemical Romance is the weakest of all the bands that were on that tour. MCR is from my area and I remember when they were playing around about 4-5 years ago before they were signed and they were always hyped as "the next Thursday." The record is good but I think the other Nintendo Fusion bands like Lost Prophets, Letter Kills, Story of the Year, and Anberlin are better.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I'm kinda unsertain to try those new records, even if they get positive comments from you guys here. I've got 'Permission To Land' last year and it wasn't that good at all.
    What I know is that Blink 123 suck so much that they make Offspring sound great, and if this MCR band is compared to them, I would think for a dozens of times before I buy their records. After all, tomorrow 'Mafia' is released, and I am more than sure it will kick major butt, like anything else by BLS.

  6. #6
    Eruption ETRIGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.12.99
    Location
    O.C. Calif
    Posts
    1,054
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    I'm kinda unsertain to try those new records, even if they get positive comments from you guys here. I've got 'Permission To Land' last year and it wasn't that good at all.
    What I know is that Blink 123 suck so much that they make Offspring sound great, and if this MCR band is compared to them, I would think for a dozens of times before I buy their records. After all, tomorrow 'Mafia' is released, and I am more than sure it will kick major butt, like anything else by BLS.
    Go to www.mychemicalromance.com

    When you enter the flash site it plays 3 songs from the new album.
    Last edited by ETRIGAN; 03.01.05 at 04:14 PM.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

  7. #7
    Eruption ETRIGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.12.99
    Location
    O.C. Calif
    Posts
    1,054
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default

    P.S. Blink 182 suck and always have. These guys remind me of Cheap Trick or The Smashing Pumpkins. They are kind of poppy but actually make really good music. From the look of things I think MCR may be the biggest "new" band of the year.....
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETRIGAN
    Go to www.mychemicalromance.com

    When you enter the flash site it plays 3 songs from the new album.
    Well they're not VH that's for sure, but way better than Death Cab For Cutie or sorta stuff. Maybe I'll get their stuff from eMule, then I'll consider buyin' actual album

    Still I wonder why every band has to run their vox through distortions and sorta stuff. I'm a fan of Linkin' Park but that starts to get annoyin'..

  9. #9
    Romeo Delight inertiatic esp's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.04
    Posts
    116
    Last Online

    06.02.05 @ 10:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    A lot of these bands grew up listening to VH just like us. It's just that the kids these days are too young to really understand "classic" or "old school" hard rock. I'm willing to bet that the guys in MCR like VH (especially the guitar players) but you're taking a real chance showing it. My band is along the same lines of MCR or any of the "Warped Tour screamo bands" and I DO play guitar solos. The older crowd usually likes it but the teenage kids usually have some type of criticism like "I liked the song until the guitar player started doing that solo crap." I think things are starting to open up a bit more where the new modern bands are starting to play their instruments more and bridge the gap between the modern sound and classic rock. However, it's still not quite there all the way yet.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Well they're not VH that's for sure, but way better than Death Cab For Cutie or sorta stuff. Maybe I'll get their stuff from eMule, then I'll consider buyin' actual album

    Still I wonder why every band has to run their vox through distortions and sorta stuff. I'm a fan of Linkin' Park but that starts to get annoyin'..
    ^ LMFAO!! What the fuck? Shut up


    Just downloaded My Chem's third album, half way thru and I like it. Very up-beat, I bet I'll end up bying this record - just artwork alone shud be worth it.

  11. #11
    Sinner's Swing! Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    MCR was on SNL this week. Since my son has and listens to the first two CD's, I didn't figure I'd like the new one at all. I liked the song and performance on Sat quite a bit.

    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

  12. #12
    Baseball Season!
    Join Date
    06.22.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Cedar Bluff, VA
    Posts
    1,330
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

    05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I can't check these guys out because I'm a dad. Dad's are sworn to hate all music that there children like, and my kids (son 16 daughter 14) like this band. It's part of the oath you take at the hospital when your kids are born.
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

    "Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

    "He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Almost done listening the record - Famous Last Words is an awesome song. I didn't expect for the album to be quarter as good as it is, and I can't even call myself My Chem fan at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by VH_VAREB View Post
    I can't check these guys out because I'm a dad. Dad's are sworn to hate all music that there children like, and my kids (son 16 daughter 14) like this band. It's part of the oath you take at the hospital when your kids are born.
    Uh I bet it's by FAR not the worst band your children listen to
    Last edited by WinterlessIceness; 10.23.06 at 03:46 PM.

  14. #14
    Baseball Season!
    Join Date
    06.22.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Cedar Bluff, VA
    Posts
    1,330
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street / Judgement Day
    Last Online

    05.11.09 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Uh I bet it's by FAR not the worst band your children listen to
    The WORST Band my kids listen to? That would be one hell of a contest!
    I took them to see Taking Back Sunday, which wasn't a bad show, but they had 3 opening acts that were terrible.
    "Your right little girl. If women ruled the world there wouldn't be any more war; all the countries would just nag each other to death"
    Archie Bunker

    "Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough"
    Captain Augustus McCrae in "Lonesome Dove"

    "He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance." - The Declaration of Independence

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH_VAREB View Post
    The WORST Band my kids listen to? That would be one hell of a contest!
    I took them to see Taking Back Sunday, which wasn't a bad show, but they had 3 opening acts that were terrible.
    Taking Back's Sunday last album was horrid - that's why I didn't expect anything of any value from My Chem, and that's why I'm surprised. I'm glad they took a different approach and went into writing a concept album (though more pop-ish) rather than sticking to the "scene" which is now overtaken by crap like Fallout Boy and Panic! At The Disco.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. chemical weapons found in iraq
    By JMJ in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01.17.03, 11:15 PM
  2. Fox News: Al Qaeda Threatens Use Of Chemical & Biological Weapons
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06.12.02, 07:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •