Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Okay...so what do you want to hear NOW?

After much consternation on the internet (thanks vavh), The Mighty =VH= started playing some stuff live that WE wanted to hear.

So now, after we've had 'Unchained', 'Romeo Delight', 'I'm The One', and more...what songs does eveybody want to hear live now?

Personally, I REALLY enjoyed the intros to 'Hot For Teacher' during Eddie's solo and 'Drop Dead Legs' during soundcheck this year.

This could possibly turn into a poll later on...
    Last edited by ChildOfTheStorm; 03.01.05 at 12:51 AM.
    "They don't even know what it means to be a fan. You know, to truly love some silly little piece of music or some band so much...it hurts." - Almost Famous

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

They should have tour of Sammy singing Dave's songs,Dave singing Sammy's songs,and Mikey singing Gary's songs.(LOL)

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Sam`only knock, is that he could change up the song selection as far as Dave tunes go, I don`t think that is Ed or Alex behind that as look at the setlist for the 3 tour, I just think that Sam is abit insecure in that area, I think that is the only valid arguement Dave fans have on Sam, sure he is the singer so the setlist should be Sam favoured, but he could change up or give more options as far as the Dave tunes go.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Actually as far as songs I want to hear go, it doesn't really matter as long as they change the set list more frequently. And I do believe that Eddie is behind that. I thought it was kind of sad that Every show was exactly the same, except for a couple of song substitutions early on. Sammy had said a while ago that he likes to change the set list for people seeing multiple shows. I don't think Eddie really cares about that as much.
    OK, so as far as this thread goes, well we all have our "Hot for Teacher"s and our "Everybody Wants Some"s that we'd like to hear/see, but realistically we'll never hear them live again. So, as for songs that have more potential to make the live show, I'd like to hear "Don't Tell Me," "5150," "Summer Nights," "Black and Blue," maybe a couple of covers like they used to do. I wish they'd get rid of "Jump."

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812
    So, as for songs that have more potential to make the live show, I'd like to hear "Don't Tell Me," "5150," "Summer Nights," "Black and Blue," maybe a couple of covers like they used to do. I wish they'd get rid of "Jump."
    I'll have to echo that, especially the getting rid of Jump bit, also adding Cabo Wabo, Good Enough, Judgment Day.

If Sam really wanted to give us a thrill, searchin' through that back catalogue for songs he might sound good on, I'd say, DOA, Full Bug, Girl Gone Bad.

If wishes were horses...

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, I always thought Sammy would sound great singing "drop dead Legs" Thats a Sammy Like song if there ever was one. And "Ice cream Man" shit, Sammy Walks out to do his little "eagle's fly" bs solo and insted Just starts playing Ice Cream Man on his acoustic. The rest of the guys would shit, and run back on stage just in time to hit their mark... Fuck that would be cool.

But it will never happen because we have to hear "Up for breakfast" or some fucking shit song we've all heard before 1000 times...
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Here are some that they haven't played live in awhile (or maybe never):

DOA
    In A Simple Rhyme
    Hang'em High
    Drop Dead Legs
    Cabo Wabo
    Dream Is Over
    Aftershock
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

They should really give more credit to their Gary-era material. I'd say, replace Up for Breakfast with Fire in the Hole, replace Learning to See with Year to the Day, and get rid of It's About Time for One I Want or Without You.

I'd love to hear Eddie doin' Little Guitars again. I've heard some dude requested the song during soundcheck but Eddie replied with something like "I don't have a gear for this one". That's too bad.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.30.05 @ 08:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wish they'd get rid of "Jump."[/QUOTE]

I AGREE. done man done.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 414 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    I'll have to echo that, especially the getting rid of Jump bit, also adding Cabo Wabo, Good Enough, Judgment Day.

If Sam really wanted to give us a thrill, searchin' through that back catalogue for songs he might sound good on, I'd say, DOA, Full Bug, Girl Gone Bad.

If wishes were horses...
    I'd have to echo that echo because I hate when I read another review of a concert and the author writes, "weel they didn't play Hot For Teacher or Jamie's cryin or Dance the Night Away". Before Van Halen came to Toronto a woman on this radio station, who was going to the concert to sit in a private box, started saying, "O'h I'm so excited about going to see VH but I just found out that they won't be playing Jamie's Crying or HFT etc." IF you know that Sammy is the lead singer don't hope to hear HFT or Drop Dead Legs or Everybody Wants Some. It would be great to hear those songs again but don't start saying that it sucks cause they don't. Play Summer Nights(although I feel that Ed can't play that anymore), Don't Tell Me, Mine All Mine, Judgement Day. When Sammy is in the band hope to hear some long lost Sammy songs not Dave songs. Do you think that if Dave comes back I would want him to sing Why Can't This Be Love or even Humans Being?
    Last edited by MF5150; 03.01.05 at 03:52 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel