Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Default YOUNG VH FANS UNITE!!!

There is such a lack of substance in music today. We have Hip-Hop, Punk and Crap(just take out the "C"). there is no longer feeling in music anymore. And I only know a few friends that are true fans of classic rock bands. Not just buying the t-shirts to get noticed like all these kids who barely know who Led Zeppelin, AC/DC or VH is.

Being a 16 year old VH fan I wanna hear from some other VH fans that were not around during the Dave years and many of the Sammy years.

First time you heard the band? First song and video you saw? I wanna HEAR YOU!!!
    Last edited by MF5150; 02.28.05 at 07:16 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Britney Spears was born 2 days after me, yet I despise the whole concept of her and others who've followed down the same path. I certainly don't wanna belong to her generation of music.

Was 5 years old when I first heard of Van Halen and loved them ever since!
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I was a kid my dad turned me on to =VH=. I can remember when I was probably about 5 and Eruption/You Really Got Me came on and my dad said, "The guitar player in this band, Eddie Van Halen, is the best guitar player in the world." I wasn't hooked at that point, but I do remember seeing the Poundcake video when I was pretty young and thinking it was awesome. When I was 12 I really got into Metallica and =VH=, and have been totally hooked on =VH= ever since. I'm lucky because my dad is a musician, and he's had me listening to really good stuff my whole life, otherwise I may not be a huge fan of =VH= or classic rock in general.
    Last edited by LoveWalkinIn; 02.28.05 at 08:05 PM.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Balance,Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Every damn one!
    Last Online

02.02.11 @ 09:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HOLY CRAP!! FINALLY! i have waited so long for a good thread like this to voice my frustrations on the crappy musical taste of our age group! My first post here was all about how terrible music is today and how blind all my friends are to the true power that is Van Halen. All these kids come to school saying how they saw some emo band on the weekend and how great it was and i just tell them "buddy, seriously you havent seen a real concert until you've seen vh, trust me" and theyre just all whatever man. And then i turn on eruption and theyre just like WOW. And later ill show them concert footage from the roth era and the live without a net dvd and they just cant believe it. I really wish i would write more but its like 12am and i have school tomorrow haha so I shall return tomorrow with more (i am nowhere near finished lol) and I have a great story of how I first got into van halen too. PEACE OUT YOUNG VH BUDS!
    "Some low life flathead scum infects, the sickness in his eyes reflects, you wonder why your life is screaming, wonder why we're humans being."

Proud Member of the III Brigade.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member
    Ah yes, my generation.

THEY ALL SUCK. Ha ha, no seriously.

Being a college student, the only concerts anyone hears about are Dave Mathews, Snoop Dogg, and all the other cookie cutter we-wish-we-could-play-half-as-good-as-Ed bands. I say bands, but really, it is more like models or "cool kids" with ths instrument of their manager's choice in their hands.

I have one question: whatever happened to a GUITAR SOLO. I tell you where it went, out the window with all guitar talent in popular music. There are very talented guitarists out there today, but sadly, they are not deemed *popular* by the powers that be, so they are not given the lime light.

I am obviously a HUGE VH fan, one of all eras, except maybe Gary, I mean come one guys. But seriously, it seems no one these days can find REAL music. Do these white kids from the suburbs really conncet with rap? Do these young girls really connect with Britney and Christina? It's all rediculous. I always give people crap about finding some music that actually applies to them, and they always say, "oh yeah, what do YOU listen to?" The response usually gets an uneducated laugh, then after the explanation of sex, drugs, and alcohol, it usually gets a "yeah, well, whatever."

Basically, I try and convert as many people as possible, but let's face it, MTV has more influence on them than I. Oh well. Good luck guys.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.16.13 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Story

I'm 19 and a sophomor in college. I'm going to apologize in advance for a long post. I was always exposed to Van Halen through classic rock radio as long as I can remember. I didn't know it was Van Halen but I heard it because I recognized all the songs by the time I started listening to the albums. My first memory of the band was just asking my dad who the best guitarist was. I had been learning basic chords and had just started playing. I was maybe 9 or 10. He said "Eddie Van Halen is the probably the best guitarist, even if this one guy, Steve Vai, might be the fastest". That one overly-simplified statement left a huge impression on me even though I didn't know any Van Halen songs. It still seems really relevant now. There are all these shredders who play amazingly fast and well, but my favorite is still Ed. Then I can remember seeing the Nissan comercial with You Really Got Me and the CGI dolls driving around. I asked my dad who played that song and he said Van Halen. And I was like "cool!". Then I remember being in my dad's car with his new CD player and a very new ahead-of-it's-time burned CD. It was The BOV1 album he bought and then immediately copied for his car. I'd imigane this was around '96 or '97 so I was about 11 or 12 years old. He said "listen to this" and played the first track. We all know what that is. I heard eruption. I was amazed. I never heard a guitar sound anything like that. Until that point I thought my dad was as good as any guitarist alive (he only knows basic chords and a couple blues licks). I remember he said "It's not really as hard as it all sounds". When we got home he showed me the most basic of fret-tapping licks. He could barely pull it off himself but he understood the concept and I was able to begin to experiment with it. After that I listened to BOV1 over and over and began to buy all the albums one by one until I had them all. I've been a super-fan ever since. He actually had all the albums on vinyl and was a big fan when he was young too and I didn't even find out until much later. I had 5-Star passes this summer at the first night in NJ. That's my story.

Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies/Mean Street
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 45 Posts

Premium Member

My parents always listened to country which I didn't mind. So when I was 10 or 11 for some reason I really got into 80's music. So I was watchin MTV and they had an all 90's video thing and I saw the videos for Jump and Hot For Teacher. I remember my friend having the song Jump A couple months later we got an 80's station in the area and I remember hearing Why Cant This Be Love. Well, back in the days of Napster me and my best friend would try to out do eacher other in terms of song numbers. He had Jump so I got Jump, Hot For Teacher, adn WCTBL. Then he got Panama(he heard it on the Drew Carey Show). Then I got Panama. Finally he said fuck it and got BOV1. So I went to this little reunion ditty and became a hardcore fan ever since.
    Van Halen Reunion Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky July 6th, 2004
    "It's a little hot in here tonight!"

Van Halen 2012 Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky February 28th, 2012

Van Halen 2015 Tour
    Noblesville, Indiana September 2nd 2015

Assistant Director of Personnel
    The 3 Brigade

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

The one where Dave sings.
    Last Online

09.16.05 @ 06:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm currently an 18 yr old VH fan, and have been since I was 15. I've been a member since 2002. Van Halen Rocks.
    Mr. Awesome

"The Difference between me and Sammy is, he throws the party, I am the party." - Diamond David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

You kids do this old man proud!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    You kids do this old man proud!
    As long as there's substantial hair growth, we ain't kids no more.
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'm 19 and a sophomor in University, but what's worse this Universiry is located in goddamn Europe (sorry SEA ), and at my place ppl don't know even about nowaday's mainstreem music apart from Britney and Eminem. Leave alone Heavy Metal and Rock bands. I was like hell exuberrant when my buddy asked me: "Dude, do you know some band named Deep Purple?". LOL !!! I've brought him full discography on 2CDs, and I'm considered a music guru here. My Skid Row albums have passed through half of my faculty

I wouldn't say ALL today's music suck (take Soul Sirkus for example), and I would even go further saying not all MODERN music suck. Here I would stop (Van Squalen alert ).

With Van Halen, I first heard them when Balance was released and my dad bought the CD. The album became my number one istantly and remained on top ever since. By that time (I was ten) I've been listening to Queen, Purples, Zeps, Floyds and good old-school rock music my dad was found of. But when I've heard VH, everytime I've been listening to them I've been asking myself questions like 'Jimmy Who? Brian Who?' and even 'Freddie Who?' since I still prefer Sammy's voice over his.

I doubt any band would ever replace Van Halen as my favourite one. There is some magic about those 3 all-time musicians, and 3 singers who've been fronting the band during all eras.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

24 here, and obviously a Van Halen freak. Myself and Danny Halen are the two youngest Mods here, and I know we both wear that badge proudly. There are plenty of us young rockers that are proud to give the middle finger to the current state of the music industry. I'm gonna be waving the VH flag to the day I fuckin die!

Long live the Mighty Van Fuckin Halen!!!

"It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

1984/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

DD Legs,Humans Being
    Last Online

07.23.09 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only hope to see my boys posting similar things here 15yrs from now...they are only 4 and 2, but EVERY TIME, and I mean EVERY TIME we get in the car they ask to hear "Hello Baby" (Good Enough),Hot for Teacher, the "Train Song" (Dreams), and the "fast one" (Get Up)...funny thing is when we listen to HFT, my 4yr old assigns who will play the drums and who will play air guitar...my wife just laughs and says "you know most kids listen to Barney at this age, right?"- and I just laugh and say "yeah, but these aren't most kids" ...finally, it's really funny when she's with them alone in the car and has to call me from her cell asking me which track is on which CD (10 disc changer), because the boys have a special request...

To you younger guys, keep fightin' the good fight

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

04.27.16 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Geez, this thread is too right! I'm 18 and I think the music today is a bunch glossy pop-garbage with no substance. It's pretty bad when the standards for "talent" have dropped to people like Britney Spears and Weezer. When I heard what you said about those teens buying Zepplin and AC/DC shrits, it totally reminded me of yesterday. I was clothes shopping and in the juniors section I saw shirts with The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, and Zepplin, and I would love to hear how much those kids actually know about the music. Music is all about appearence and if it's in you should listen to it. It's not about the actual talent any more!

Okay well enough of my ranting The very first VH song I heard was Panama and I swear to God I got chills!! It was the best song I had ever heard!! I became and instant fan and they became my fave band of all time!! Now I put on Panama for a walk down memory lane
    ***OFFCIAL TLW 8 VIRGIN/SURVIVOR!***

"Mean ass calendar!"-TST

"GYPSY DILDO PUNKS!"-Harry Dean Stanton

I'm Polish but I don't speak any of the language or know anything about it's culture other than getting mowed down by Hitler...-fast98dodge

My head is freshly shaven and I have cleaned the house before my departure-Viking preparing for TLW

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

You young kids are making this old (34) man feel proud. It's good to see that you are sharing the magic of VH with friends. Although VH may be coming to the end of their road (?), their great music will always live on...

...I promised myself I wouldn't cry...