Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Default Toronto July 3rd 2004

Everybody who went to this concert knows that I don't have to say that it was the best rock and roll show that this city has ever seen! POST YOUR REVIEWS HERE!!!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

SO THIS IS LOVE
    Last Online

04.18.06 @ 02:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default TORONTO,VEGAS,HAMILTON

IF THAT WAS THE BEST CONCERT YOU HAVE EVER SEEN YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER SEEN VAN HALEN BEFORE THAT SHOW. THE SHOW WAS FUN! EDWARD, WELL, EDWARD WAS BORDERLINE BRUTAL. I SAW THE BAND THREE TIMES ON THIS TOUR. TORONTO WAS A GOOD SHOW, OTHER THAN EDDIE FUCKING UP A LOT OF THE SONGS, BUT I WAS HAPPY TO SEE THE BAND SO OVERALL I COULD NOT COMPLAIN. THE SECOND SHOW I SAW WAS IN VEGAS AND THAT WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST FUCKING VAN HALEN CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN. EDDIE WAS EDDIE, THE BAND WAS FUCKING AWESOME! I WALKED OUT AND SAID TO MYSELF, THE BOYS ARE BACK! THE THIRD AND FINAL SHOW WAS IN HAMILTON AND THAT NIGHT WAS POSSIBLY THE MOST DEPRESSING NIGHT OF MY LIFE. EDDIE WAS A FUCKING DISASTER! HE BUTCHERED PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING HE PLAYED. THE REST OF THE BAND LOOKED LIKE THEY WOULD RATHER BE SOMEWHERE ELSE. IT WAS TERRIBLE! IF I HADN'T SEEN THEM IN VEGAS I WOULD SAY LIKE THE REST OF THE GUYS WHO ATTENDED THE SHOW WITH ME THAT VAN HALEN WAS FINISHED, BUT I WAS IN VEGAS!!!!! FOR FUCK SAKES ED I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ONE DAY THAT YOU WHERE FOUND DEAD IS SOME HOTEL ROOM. WHEN ED IS SOBER, VAN HALEN IS EASILY THE BEST FUCKING BAND IN THE WORLD. WHEN ED IS FUCKED, WELL I'D RATHER NEVER SEE THEM PLAY AGAIN IF IT MEANS FANS WILL HAVE TO WATCH WHAT I SAW IN HAMILTON. WHAT I SAW IN HAMILTON WAS NOT VAN HALEN, NOT THE VAN HALEN I GREW UP TO. WATCH L.W.A.N. THAT WAS A FUCKING BAND! THEY PLAYED DAVE TUNES, SAMMY TUNES, COVER TUNES, IT DIDN'T MATTER WHO WROTE THE FUCKING SONGS, NO EGOS JUST MUSIC! I WISH THE WHOLE BAND WOULD WATCH THAT VIDEO AGAIN AND SEE WHAT JUST WHAT A FUCKING INCREDIBLE BAND THEY WERE AND IN VEGAS THEY PROVED THEY STILL COULD BE! I HOPE ED CLEANS UP FOR HIS WON SAKE! I'M OUT!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by doublep
    IF THAT WAS THE BEST CONCERT YOU HAVE EVER SEEN YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER SEEN VAN HALEN BEFORE THAT SHOW. THE SHOW WAS FUN! EDWARD, WELL, EDWARD WAS BORDERLINE BRUTAL. I SAW THE BAND THREE TIMES ON THIS TOUR. TORONTO WAS A GOOD SHOW, OTHER THAN EDDIE FUCKING UP A LOT OF THE SONGS, BUT I WAS HAPPY TO SEE THE BAND SO OVERALL I COULD NOT COMPLAIN. THE SECOND SHOW I SAW WAS IN VEGAS AND THAT WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST FUCKING VAN HALEN CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN. EDDIE WAS EDDIE, THE BAND WAS FUCKING AWESOME! I WALKED OUT AND SAID TO MYSELF, THE BOYS ARE BACK! THE THIRD AND FINAL SHOW WAS IN HAMILTON AND THAT NIGHT WAS POSSIBLY THE MOST DEPRESSING NIGHT OF MY LIFE. EDDIE WAS A FUCKING DISASTER! HE BUTCHERED PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING HE PLAYED. THE REST OF THE BAND LOOKED LIKE THEY WOULD RATHER BE SOMEWHERE ELSE. IT WAS TERRIBLE! IF I HADN'T SEEN THEM IN VEGAS I WOULD SAY LIKE THE REST OF THE GUYS WHO ATTENDED THE SHOW WITH ME THAT VAN HALEN WAS FINISHED, BUT I WAS IN VEGAS!!!!! FOR FUCK SAKES ED I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ONE DAY THAT YOU WHERE FOUND DEAD IS SOME HOTEL ROOM. WHEN ED IS SOBER, VAN HALEN IS EASILY THE BEST FUCKING BAND IN THE WORLD. WHEN ED IS FUCKED, WELL I'D RATHER NEVER SEE THEM PLAY AGAIN IF IT MEANS FANS WILL HAVE TO WATCH WHAT I SAW IN HAMILTON. WHAT I SAW IN HAMILTON WAS NOT VAN HALEN, NOT THE VAN HALEN I GREW UP TO. WATCH L.W.A.N. THAT WAS A FUCKING BAND! THEY PLAYED DAVE TUNES, SAMMY TUNES, COVER TUNES, IT DIDN'T MATTER WHO WROTE THE FUCKING SONGS, NO EGOS JUST MUSIC! I WISH THE WHOLE BAND WOULD WATCH THAT VIDEO AGAIN AND SEE WHAT JUST WHAT A FUCKING INCREDIBLE BAND THEY WERE AND IN VEGAS THEY PROVED THEY STILL COULD BE! I HOPE ED CLEANS UP FOR HIS WON SAKE! I'M OUT!

Seeing that you typed that whole thing in caps, he just might.

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

this show was a blast...the 5-star activities were worth every penny...when i listen to the boot of this show i still get goosebumps when Sammy screams "Helllooooo Torontooooo!!"
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by doublep
    Actually that was the first time I saw VH and for a 15 year old getting to see a band that was around in 1978, it was was AWESOME!!! Compared to some of the other shows on this tour Toronto was one of the best. Toronto was the first sold out show on the tour. I agree Hamilton was a let down. But it was clear to see that the band was tired and Ed was.. well Ed was Ed.

In Toronto I have never seen the band, with Sammy, seem so excited and happy to be out and touring. They looked exactly like they did during the 5150 tour(after watching LWAN. I was not born in 1986), I mean "looking" as in happy they were together.

I also do not want to hear that Ed is dead in a hotel room. I actually agree with you totally on that aspect. Ed has to clean up. I mean it's his life and he can do what he wants but I'm just worried for him.

The one thing you did say that was right though was that "It was FUN" That's all I want. I don't care how bad Eddie played (although Ed's playing was fairly fresh and good being that it was the beginning of the tour". IF the band seems like their enjoying what their doing and they provide me with a night to remember which they did... then I'm still gonna buy tickets and their ain't a damn thing anybody is gonna say to make me think other wise. they might not have been as polished as they were in 1998 or 1995 or 1993, or 1989, or 1986, or 1984, but VH ROCKED TORONTO IN 2004!!! and, I'm sorry but if you don't see it like that then I guess if they reunite again you won't have to buy tickets.

That's my opinion. Let me just say that I understand how other VH fans who have seen the band on past tours might say that Ed sucked this tour but for a guy who saw them for the first time in T.O. , I didn't see one person in the ACC after that concert that seemed dissapointed.
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.28.05 at 07:53 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150
    That's my opinion. Let me just say that I understand how other VH fans who have seen the band on past tours might say that Ed sucked this tour but for a guy who saw them for the first time in T.O. , I didn't see one person in the ACC after that concert that seemed dissapointed.
    Then I guess you didn't see me.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I thought this was one of the better Van Halen shows I've been to. The band was tight and having a packed house created an amazing vibe.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mario VH
    I thought this was one of the better Van Halen shows I've been to. The band was tight and having a packed house created an amazing vibe.
    tight? you were at the ACC show? if there is one word that did not describe them on this tour it was tight. I've seen them about a dozen times, and this was one of only 2 poor performances (compared to Hamilton this was a fucking classic though)

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bedrockboy
    tight? you were at the ACC show? if there is one word that did not describe them on this tour it was tight. I've seen them about a dozen times, and this was one of only 2 poor performances (compared to Hamilton this was a fucking classic though)
    Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but to say that Toronto was one of only 2 poor performances is crazy. Sure Ed might not have been playing as well as he did in 1995 or 1998 but they were still great in Toronto. That was the first official sold out show on the tour. and overall the band seemed happy to be back together. that's all i could ask for.

Last Online

01.23.14 @ 07:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the show was fun but listening to the boot you realize that eddie sucks now....cannot even play the intro to runaround....brutal.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

To each his own I guess Bedrockboy but I had a blast at the show and the reaction of the crowd that night certainly differs from your opinion. I guess the majority rules in this case.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dr.bullet
    the show was fun but listening to the boot you realize that eddie sucks now....cannot even play the intro to runaround....brutal.
    At that point, his patch chord had got caught up in something and he yanked it out. That would be the PAUSE in the Runaround intro. There were no mistakes, just a pause.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I was there, it was the best concert I have seen in my life! Eddie was awesome that night, the whole band was. EVH was the star of the show though.

I loved the fact that they opened with Jump, everyone in the place went wild! I thought Alex's drum solo could have been better, there wasn't much to it compared to his drum solo on the Balance tour. He didn't do half as much stuff as he could have. Eddie's solo was wicked though, I also really enjoyed Sammy's acoustic solo, it was a nice break in the show, it was especially great hearing A Deeper Kind Of Love. Why Can't This Be Love was the highlight for me, it was cool when they had the helicoper on the background screen for the beginning of it.

I bought 3 VH t-shirts and a VH wallet from the show too.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

I'll never forget the moment when all the house lights went out and Eddie just started shredding with the lights out while everybody was going ape-shit. The only thing I could see from the stage was the cherry on Eddie's ciggarette and it was the coolest thing in the world just knowing it was him.

When they opened with Jump and all house lights came on the crowd and the band for the first 15 seconds of the song, I don't think I've heard a louder reaction for anything.

The highlights for me were definatly Jump, Runaround, Unchained, It's About Time, Seventh Seal, Best of Both Worlds, Why Can't The be Love, and When It's Love. The whole show was great, but being that close to them and getting my ears blown off to the best band in the land was just something else.

That whole day was just magical. For me, it started on patio's in downtown Toronto around noon with every bar in the city blasting the Best Of CD and just about every car going towrds the ACC doing the same. It was a hot summer day and lots of Van Halen. What more could you ask for?

Of course I then partied my ass off after the show at a couple of places. I was just way to wired to go back to the hotel.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online