Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

The "What's Ailin' Ya?" Thread

Man, I'm getting old. I had to go to the doctor for two major problems I've developed: Acid reflux is one. Ugh! Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night with what feels like a throatful of vomit. The burning is the worst! Luckily, they make pills for that sort of thing. I've been lucky in life about not having to take pills everyday (even vitamins)! There's more pills on the horizon!
    The second problem is that my father, my sister, and my uncle (my father's brother) have all been diagnosed with having a hole in their hearts. My parents encouraged my other sister and I to have this checked out, also. I went for a stress test and echocardiogram last week and the technician didn't see anything. My doctor called me at home Sunday night to say he reviewed the ECG and found that I do have it after all. (Plus, I need to get on some cholestoral drugs to bring my BC down. I've got to go to a cardiologist next week to see if I will have to go through the same minor procedure my family went through: They go through an artery in your leg and insert a plug in your heart. I've been lucky enough not to have had any type of surgery through life (not even a root-canal), but I must say I am nervous at the prospect of having something done!
    We're all getting old around this place. Anybody else have any aches and pains they want to share?

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow FH, I'm sure the doctors will be able to fix your heart up!! Keep us updated man.

I have a bad back from my football playing days back in HS. I use a heating pad alot....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Thanks, Dennis! Sorry about the back! Get one of those Shiitsu (sp?) massage pads. My mom has one and it's heaven!
    I'm told what I'm having is not that big of a procedure and I know there's alot worse problems others have had to go through themselves. (You can't help being nervous, though!) I'm supposed to be off of my feet for 4-5 days afterwards.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FH
    Thanks, Dennis! Sorry about the back! Get one of those Shiitsu (sp?) massage pads. My mom has one and it's heaven!
    I'm told what I'm having is not that big of a procedure and I know there's alot worse problems others have had to go through themselves. (You can't help being nervous, though!) I'm supposed to be off of my feet for 4-5 days afterwards.
    I believe John Ritter had the hole in his heart problem. He never had it diagnosed though. I'm not trying to scare you FH! I'm just glad you caught it now!!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

Olive um
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!!
    Last Online

06.14.13 @ 10:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I guess we are getting old around here. Well, by back always hurts and my joints seem to pop alot (joints?) but mainly its my legs and feet. I once went through the horrible trauma of frostbite, now my legs will "fall asleep" from time to time with no reason. This is how I shattered my ankle while rock climbing a few years back. Couldn't feel me legs, thus no perception of feet. Anywhoo me ankle is put back together with pins and rods. It feels like it might snap at anytime. This is unacceptable in my line of work (Firefighter), and I can't tell my Captain or Chief. I'm afraid I might be let go/canned if I do. It has never been an issue in my performance at work and hopefully never will.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm on the cholesterol meds too, gotta go back for a liver test. been taking blood pressure meds for a year, it runs in the family. funny thing is, they were asking me if i had any of the symptoms, blurry vision, headaches, etc and i really didn't. i don't feel any damn different on the meds than i did without them.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Both of my knees are bad. I periodically have to go on arthritis medication to relieve pain and inflamation. I am looking forward to most likely having both knees replaced when I am (much) older.

A couple of years ago I partially slipped a disk in my back by slouching in my chair at work. That hurts!!!! After a few months of physical therapy, it's back in line and I am the poster boy for good posture.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Timi: That sounds like you've got some major circulation problem going on there in your legs and you might want to get it checked out. I have a bit of that restless leg-syndrome crap from time-to-time that screws with my sleeping. I feel like I have to take about 3-4 ibuprofen to get it to stop.

Twonabomber: I've heard about those symptoms, too. You must be lucky. I've gotta go back in for another blood-cholestoral check in the next couple of weeks and see what they put me on.
    My sister, who had the heart procedure I've got to get, has been complaining about migraines ever since her surgery and they wanted to put her on anti-seizure medication but she can't drink alcohol if she does.

Zeo: I had to straighten my posture with how I walk or I was facing some back problems myself!
    Last edited by FH; 02.24.05 at 05:35 AM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the cholesterol meds aren't too bad. the first blood pressure ones i had made my feet swell up and gave me headaches. got some different ones in November and they've been pretty good so far. doc wanted to put me on a combination cholesterol/BP pill but my insurance (Aetna) said it was too expensive, so i get two cheaper ones.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

FH: Be happy that you had it checked out and diagnosed early! The procedure shouldn't bother you too much. You'll have a nice bruised groin for a week or so where they insert the catheter. I had one of my arteries roto-rootered last year after a mild heart attack. Been on several meds since. Side effects are just about non-existent. It hurts when I pee, but I think that's something else!! Ha Ha, just kidding.

Top Timi: You gotta get all the seeds out!? Seriously, I know you love your work, and we all thank you for doing it, but be careful. If they find out you're hiding the ankle they could possible take some kind of action on you. Most likely shitcan you for hiding the injury, but it sounds like you've already thought that out. Best of luck!

twonabomber: My liver is still handling the Dewar's pretty well. I guess the meds haven't hurt that yet!
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's the thing-i haven't told the doc how much i drink. he isn't asking the right questions, and i damn sure ain't gonna tell him unsolicited. when we were talking about my weight, he's asking if i eat cookies, ice cream, drink pop, etc. and the only one he got right was the pop. i was only drinking it at work, but i stopped a couple months ago. i don't keep shit like that in the house. my junk food vice is Doritos. if he would have asked about pasta, chicken wings, and beer, i may have to admit it.

i guess the meds affect your liver, so they do a blood test after you've been on them a month.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 02.24.05 at 05:57 AM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Best wishes to you FH and to your family. Glad it was found early and it truly is amazing what the medical community can do with the heart. From using stem cells from leg muscle to repair cardioblasts to electro cardiophysiology.

Keep us informed with your progress.

Me I'm over-weight. I gotta do something. But I love my ale and good foods like red meat and pasta. When I played ice-hockey, racketball and mountain biked on a regular bases I was trim and fit. But since I got my full time job after college I've turned into a tub of goo. Loveable but goo none the less. My wife wants me to lose /shed some pounds.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

FH - that's what they make duct tape for to patch up holes. Glad you caught it early though...

As for myself, in the near future I will most likely be on cholesterol meds due mostly to genetics. That's basically why my dad had a 3-way...bypass you mofo's

My right shoulder has been hurting on and off for a while. Feels like it wants to slip out of its socket, then it just hurts for a day or two after that. I'm going to see a massage lady next week to see if its just muscle related. If it isn't I hope to God I don't have to get surgery.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman
    My right shoulder has been hurting on and off for a while. Feels like it wants to slip out of its socket, then it just hurts for a day or two after that. I'm going to see a massage lady next week to see if its just muscle related. If it isn't I hope to God I don't have to get surgery.
    Did you happen to notice this shoulder-pain after Brett installed the arcade?

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Allergies galore. I wasn't allergic to anything before moving to Arizona, but now... cats, trees, grass, all hit me hard. In addition, because of our unseasonably heavy rains this spring, everything is blooming and driving me nuts. Singulair, Zyrtec, Nasocort, you name it, I'm using it. Today is the first day I've felt human in weeks!!!!

Good excuse to get rid of the wife's cat, though....
    Nothing to see here.