Save
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 286875767778
Results 1,156 to 1,161 of 1161
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 10:09 PM
    Liked 4,023 Times in 2,554 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    My first Stones show was my first concert...July 1978 Cleveland Municipal Stadium.

Sound like you had a great time.

They really have been playing inspired shows this tour...haven’t heard of one poor performance to date.

Lol at the vast array of Stones shirts...I noticed the same thing in Houston.

BTW how much merch did you buy? Because this was such a special tour, and show for me...I dropped the cash for the Show Lithograph poster and the T-shirt...actually we picked up quite a bit of swag...key chains, an engraved Yeti tumbler, t-shirts, a coffee mug. Yards, yadda, yadda
    Ha! Right? Ridiculous. You can't not pick up Stones swag, especially considering every time might be the last tour, especially now. I picked up the show litho for the Rose Bowl, a long sleeve tour tee, my chica got a baby doll tee, grabbed a bandanna too. Food and drinks plus swag put me over what I paid for our tickets. What I do know, is that the Stones are making a KILLING on their merch. Every kiosk had unending lines throughout the show, and the outside grounds merch trailers were sold out before gates even opened (we got our stuff at one of those because we showed up so early, was sweet 'cause we took the shit back to the truck, didn't have to carry it around all night).

I was kinda bummed they didn't offer their Mars NASA commemorative litho at the show proper last night...saw these online this morning on their shop site. If they'd had these last night, I think I would've picked up the Mars one over the rose one I got, though I dig the rose litho plenty. The show lithos have been outstanding on the No Filter tour.

Last edited by Van Squalen; 08.23.19 at 01:40 PM.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 06:50 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,545 Posts

Default The Rolling Stones / Let It Bleed 50th anniversary deluxe box

from superdeluxeedition.com

September 11, 2019 by Paul Sinclair

This November, ABKCO are set to reissue The Rolling Stones‘ 1969 album Let It Bleed as a 50th anniversary box set.

This set will feature newly remastered (by Bob Ludwig) stereo and mono versions of the album on both vinyl and SACD.

The collection also includes a reproduction of the 1969 seven-inch mono single of ‘Honky Tonk Women’/ ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ in a picture sleeve.

An 80 page hardcover book includes an notes by he-gets-everywhere journalist David Fricke, along with never-before-seen photos by the band’s tour photographer Ethan Russell. Perhaps in the hope of distracting you from the lack of bonus audio, this set also includes more ‘stuff’ in the shape of three 12” x 12” hand-numbered REPLICA-signed lithographs printed on embossed archival paper, and a massive (23” x 23”) poster.

If you are interested in the remastering, Bob Ludwig apparently worked from Direct Stream Digital files taken from the original tapes at a 2.8 MHz sampling rate.

Let It Bleed is reissued on 1 November 2019. There will also be standalone remastered stereo CD and vinyl editions available.

4. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 1,003 Times in 585 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    from superdeluxeedition.com

September 11, 2019 by Paul Sinclair

This November, ABKCO are set to reissue The Rolling Stones‘ 1969 album Let It Bleed as a 50th anniversary box set.

This set will feature newly remastered (by Bob Ludwig) stereo and mono versions of the album on both vinyl and SACD.

The collection also includes a reproduction of the 1969 seven-inch mono single of ‘Honky Tonk Women’/ ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ in a picture sleeve.

An 80 page hardcover book includes an notes by he-gets-everywhere journalist David Fricke, along with never-before-seen photos by the band’s tour photographer Ethan Russell. Perhaps in the hope of distracting you from the lack of bonus audio, this set also includes more ‘stuff’ in the shape of three 12” x 12” hand-numbered REPLICA-signed lithographs printed on embossed archival paper, and a massive (23” x 23”) poster.

If you are interested in the remastering, Bob Ludwig apparently worked from Direct Stream Digital files taken from the original tapes at a 2.8 MHz sampling rate.

Let It Bleed is reissued on 1 November 2019. There will also be standalone remastered stereo CD and vinyl editions available.
    “This Record Should Be Played Loud”
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 12,153 Times in 6,643 Posts

"Let it Bleed" is my all time favorite album.
    It's perfect.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Last Online

09.18.19 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 10,724 Times in 5,892 Posts

Premium Member

Rolling Stones Complain About Restrictions At Levi’s Stadium In Letter

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...iiSd9RH9VXjrEo

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 12,153 Times in 6,643 Posts

Been listening to "Sticky Fingers," lately.

I love how you can hear Jagger, off mic, just getting into the tune's.

Like in "Bitch," he sings his ass off, and you can hear all the little "Wooo!"
    and "Alright's..."

In that tune alone, you can hear the blueprint laid out for every rock singer
    that followed:

THIS is how you do rock & roll....
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: