Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.14.05 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Finnally! I got one....

I finally got an orignal MXR flanger. It's dated 1978 and it sounds amazing.

I would like to know though, how consistent are these things from one to the other.

Just wonedering cause I have seen settings osted and for instance for ATBL most or all of them had the regen set at about 1 oclock.

Well with mine I was able to nail it with the regen up to about 4 or 5 and the rest set as described basicall 1 1 10 and 4 or 5 oclock.

I also was able to totally nail the Unchained sound, Sometimes! I have it set and it goes exactly as it sounds on the record, but then for the next couple bars it sounds a bit different and then all the sudden comes back exactly.

Is this just a matter of timing it or is there a way to set it so that it does the same sweep faster.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.11.06 @ 05:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope, just step on it and play. Sometimes you hit it and sometimes you don't. The flanger keeps cycling whether it's on or off. Eddie could not have hit it like that every time either. BTW, those original Flangers are the best. You made a fine investment.