Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    On Fire Nature Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.26.00
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    347
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.04.12 @ 10:37 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    First of all, I have absolutely no insider info on VH, never will. I just think that there is probably something going on that we haven't considered yet. I have no clue what it is. It must be pretty personal because VH only gives out small, bland details. It must be something that would cause major problems if it got out. Maybe Ed is really sick, or they owe lots of money or maybe Al's neck is too bad off. I don't know. But there is a reason why VH is still in the studio and Dave does NOT seem mad. If somebody hadn't called me since July, I would have already given it up. There is something going on, not sure what though. At least we aren't bored anymore around here.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk MikeL's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    11,536
    Last Online

    03.03.15 @ 07:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Or maybe they're just taking us for granted again, like they've done for the past few years. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Damage your reputation seenbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.24.00
    Age
    44
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    26,940
    Favorite VH Album

    Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the one
    Last Online

    09.26.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Likes
    72
    Liked 248 Times in 89 Posts


    Donor

    good points
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

  4. #4
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    If that's the case, then they are even stupider than we think they are. If it was a health issue, they should just say so, and 99% of the people would understand that. I don't believe that it is a health issue at all.

    And as I stated in another thread, the reason Dave isn't coming off as pissed off is that if he does, Eddie will surely call it off (if he hasn't already). Dave knows you have to treat Eddie with kid gloves, and Dave also knows his only realistic shot at fame and fortune is with VH.

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    05.27.00
    Age
    30
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,132
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Many
    Last Online

    05.12.06 @ 05:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Well Glenn lately you seem more bitter about the VH situation, and you seem like a pretty happy-go-lucky, nice guy. I am pretty much the same way, I was fine with the silence, I was being patient, but the last 2 days, especially today, I have gotten pissed off about this lingering silience, and I am also bitter. But now that VH has gotten even Glenn angry, I think that means it's time to talk guys. Even Glenn is getting pissed off at this and that isn't good! Van Halen you don't have too much longer, so talk now or you will continue to lose fans, and less and less people will care! So release a statement about where the band is at now, and what is goin' on! No more "no news is good news" or "rumours are just rumours" shit! We want to know what is going on now! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] No more bullshit press releases! If you are gonna release something, say something about your plans for an album, or what singer will be singing on the album and on tour. If you can't do that, don't bother to realease anything.
    I am awesome

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing! AJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.22.00
    Age
    48
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,864
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    09.26.16 @ 06:19 AM
    Likes
    491
    Liked 95 Times in 61 Posts

    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    Well Glenn lately you seem more bitter about the VH situation, and you seem like a pretty happy-go-lucky, nice guy. I am pretty much the same way, I was fine with the silence, I was being patient, but the last 2 days, especially today, I have gotten pissed off about this lingering silience, and I am also bitter. But now that VH has gotten even Glenn angry, I think that means it's time to talk guys. Even Glenn is getting pissed off at this and that isn't good! Van Halen you don't have too much longer, so talk now or you will continue to lose fans, and less and less people will care! So release a statement about where the band is at now, and what is goin' on! No more "no news is good news" or "rumours are just rumours" shit! We want to know what is going on now! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] No more bullshit press releases! If you are gonna release something, say something about your plans for an album, or what singer will be singing on the album and on tour. If you can't do that, don't bother to realease anything.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Well said Unchained Wolfie.

  7. #7
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    It's never a good sign when I'm being used as a litmus test for anything. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

    I don't think I'm bitter at all, though I've certainly become a bit more outspoken. And those things have tended more towards the negative side of things. But I don't see that as being bitter, just realistic.

    Anyway, just semantics, and I'm always up for some antics. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Wolfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.00
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    8,119
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

    05.27.16 @ 08:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    1.Dave says he's optimistic.
    2.Brad is sticking to "No News Is Good News"
    3.Mike promised goodd things.
    4.The band has released a statement basically saying everythings cool, and nothing more. The important thing to note about the statement is that it is non-caustic. It is not designed to inflame either way (Anti-Dave or Pro-Dave). Sounds to me like it was practically written by a lawyer.

    Which, when you put all of these points together, leads me to believe the holdup is still related to legal issues.

    I do not buy the part of Dave's "statement" about them not having been in touch for almost a year. Sorry - that just doesn't cut it with me.

    I'm depressed by the general atmosphere caused by all of this, but I think the chances are that everything is still positive, and there are quite a few suits standing between the bands' mouths and our ears.

    [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    05.27.00
    Age
    30
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,132
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Many
    Last Online

    05.12.06 @ 05:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    It's never a good sign when I'm being used as a litmus test for anything. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

    I don't think I'm bitter at all, though I've certainly become a bit more outspoken. And those things have tended more towards the negative side of things. But I don't see that as being bitter, just realistic.

    Anyway, just semantics, and I'm always up for some antics. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Yeah bitter seems a little too strong of word. Well let's just say you;ve beena little more negative as of late, but so has everyone else. I'm just not used to it from you, which basically means VH is doing a few things wrong. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

  10. #10
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    That's cool. But when I turn bitter, you'll fuckin' know it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

    I've been saying for quite some time now that I believe it's one album, one tour, and bye bye. Lately I just seem to be saying it more often. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

    Now I gotta go calm down. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

    [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

  11. #11
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    05.27.00
    Age
    30
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,132
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Many
    Last Online

    05.12.06 @ 05:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    That's cool. But when I turn bitter, you'll fuckin' know it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

    I've been saying for quite some time now that I believe it's one album, one tour, and bye bye. Lately I just seem to be saying it more often. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

    Now I gotta go calm down. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

    [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    So 1 album one tour then they both retire, or they continue with their careers, just not together?
    I am awesome

  12. #12
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Dude catches me in a bad explanation. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

    My stance has been that there will be one album, one tour, and that's it for the original lineup. Beyond that, who knows.

    I guess it depends on what they are willing to accept. Can Dave accept selling 50 000 albums and selling club shows? Can VH accept selling 400 000 albums and selling theatre sized shows?

    It's unrealistic to think that either side could do much better than that separately.

  13. #13
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    05.27.00
    Age
    30
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,132
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Many
    Last Online

    05.12.06 @ 05:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Well VH could continue to do stadiums if they got Sam back, or they got some other big name, but otherwise it will be theaters like Sammy plays now. But I can't see VH playing little theaters, so their only choice probably after Dave would be Sam. Unless they can find a big name to front the band, but they are getting too old to start over with a new singer, and be able to sell out stadiums and such.
    I am awesome

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk MikeL's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    11,536
    Last Online

    03.03.15 @ 07:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Arenas with Sam, maybe, but most not stadiums. With Dave, they could do stadiums.

  15. #15
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    05.27.00
    Age
    30
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,132
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Many
    Last Online

    05.12.06 @ 05:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    OOPS I meant arena's not stadiums. LOL. My bad

    [ April 20, 2001 at 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Unchained Wolfie ]
    I am awesome

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •