Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default A Different Take on the Election...

I found this on the Web Site of the band the Supersuckers (who I really like) I know Its a Little past the election, but I thought it was kinda funny...

[[October 26th, 2004]] ONE WEEK TO GO!!!
    That's right, it's down to the nitty gritty. I know that many of you think that my emails should consist strictly of "liquor, women, drugs and killing, rock-n-roll, outlaw country and the occasional joke or two and to you, I apologize. Feel free to bury your head in the sand once more and delete this missive now because I am here to use my (very nominal) influence to tell our fans to please get out and vote for a change this Tuesday.

To my republican friends (and I hope you are still my friends if you've made it this far into my email) I have this rock-n-roll analogy for you:

Let's say that the Republican Party is Van Halen and (for the sake of argument we will time travel quite a bit) Abraham Lincoln is the David Lee Roth of Republicans. An ass kicking, slave freeing, minimize-the-government-in-our-lives bad ass. The glory years. Then let's say that Sammy Hagar is the Ronald Regan character, he totally lost the die-hard but for some reason Van Halen had never been more popular. Hit after hit. The Van Halen machine makes more money than anyone thought possible! Next, sadly, it's time to enter that guy from Extreme, Gary Cherone. Here is our G.W. Bush. Even the most dyed-in-the-wool Van Halen fans have to admit, this was one bad idea, it didn't work and, thankfully we only had to put up with one record from this version of the Republican Par..., uh, I mean... Van Halen. Gary made Van Halen so bad that Sammy Hagar returning actually seems to be a GOOD idea!

So there you go, even Republicans have to admit that G.W. has totally "Gary Cheroned" this Presidency, don't you think? I thought this would help clear things up for you. Now get out there and buy one of those "Republicans For Kerry" stickers and help us make this change. Sure Kerry's no Diamond Dave either, but who is anymore? It's not like Van Halen's gonna ask ME to sing for 'em...

Vote. Please.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to choose from...
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

funny and so true...too bad we are still stuck witht he guy for 4 years

Favorite VH Album

VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nothing like beating a dead horse 3 months later.

There are a lot of people (myself included) who don't feel that Cherone was bad. Not what I was used to but I liked VHIII.

Four more years of Cherone! Why is this in Main anyway? This should go with all of the other anti-American slander in the Non-Music forum.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

An interesting analogy.