Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

07.21.16 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 5150...

I'm going to CA this March, can anyone give me directions to Eddie's house(/5150). I just want to drive by and maybe take my picture there. Please do not respond here, just send me a PM please.
    If you have any other good suggestions of places to go or things to near LA, let me know too.
    Thanks
    Samhalen

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:56 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

FYI, all you'd be taking a picture of is a big ol' black iron gate. In addition, that sort of thing is not welcomed in that neighborhood.

Lots of stuff to do in LA. Can't imagine you won't be able to find something to do. Don't forget to hit the Hard Rock in Beverly Hills or Universal City if you wanna see some VH memorabilia....

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was thinking the same thing but the last time I headed up there wasn't the Gate white?

I know there was a place for lease that i checked out next to the camp and it was going for like 4 grand a month. The leasing agent gave me a call around the time the tour was going to start and gave me a walk through of the runned down hovel. He stated that they have a hair designer and producer and a famous guitarist that live on that lane, I would imagine if Ed lived in any part of that lane it would be the first one cause that's one narrow ass road to drive on not to mention how fucked up the road is.

I maybe wrong, but like in the inset of the F.U.C.K tape some of those shots i recognized from where I was getting the showing of the place. Ever been there squal?
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:56 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by C5A1B5O0
    I was thinking the same thing but the last time I headed up there wasn't the Gate white?

I know there was a place for lease that i checked out next to the camp and it was going for like 4 grand a month. The leasing agent gave me a call around the time the tour was going to start and gave me a walk through of the runned down hovel. He stated that they have a hair designer and producer and a famous guitarist that live on that lane, I would imagine if Ed lived in any part of that lane it would be the first one cause that's one narrow ass road to drive on not to mention how fucked up the road is.

I maybe wrong, but like in the inset of the F.U.C.K tape some of those shots i recognized from where I was getting the showing of the place. Ever been there squal?
    We drove up there a few times in '86 and '87. The road is sketchy, but so are all those roads through the canyons from 101 to Malibu. When we there the gate was black. Two times we lurked. At that time there was a tiny turnout shoulder about ten yards west of Ed's gate. The first time, a sheriff soon came along in his black and white 4x4 and sternly sent us packing. The second time, we smoked a joint or two until a black Lamborghini came barreling outta the gate and took off. We considered following him like lame stalker jackoff fans, but we were in my old VW Squareback and couldn't hope to keep up. Not sure if it was Ed or Val or somebody else, windows were tinted. Truthfully, these days I'd advise against doing it, but I'm old now and don't have the fire of youth burning so brightly anymore (sure, Ed's gonna come on out and invite us fans up for milk and cookies and a preview of the new tracks for the next album, uh huh, it could happen ).

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is one of those topics that comes up every few months. It usually ends some someone claiming that someone is a stalker and to respect the privacy of Ed.

It's cool that this person has been asked to be PM'd with the information, rather than making it a public discussion.

I got to be honest, if I'm ever in LA....I'm doing the same thing. I'd also like to go to Pasadena and find the house that Ed and lived in. I've think there's a picture in an old Inside.

I know a few people have the posted the address of Ed's house....and that stuff just gets deleted, because that's just not cool....so the PM idea works.

I remember reading that Brett saw Ed one time at a stop light near Ed's house.....now that would be cool....stading outside 5150 screaming for Ed to open the door....not cool.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I agree with you, jimmy, to some extent. I wouldn't go to take pics of Eddie's house 'cause I hate takin' pics in general, but I wouldn't concider making click-click over someone's estate a crime if it doesn't violate person's privacy. How nice does it sound, doesn't it ?

Anyway, good luck with your paparazzi sumhalen

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think anyone that completely stalks him or drives by just to see where he lives would be wrong. I mean they have star tours for that. But there are tons of things to do while in LA . They just opened up a new guitar center in Pasadena with ALEX ala 95 and Sammy ala 4years ago and in the back there is a Pic of Jimmy page and Eddie ala Im not sure. there is tons of places to go for Van Halen goodies. But as far getting close to 5150. You would have to be just that!
    Last edited by C5A1B5O0; 02.17.05 at 06:30 PM.
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

07.08.05 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Eddie's house

Let me tell you that I was in LA last year and they have cancelled
    any tours to stars homes because some of the tour companies were letting tourists go up to the stars' homes. Apparently some were knocking on their doors. So, I found out 2 weeks after I paid for my Greyline bus tour, which included a tour of the stars homes, that they had been ordered by the community to halt all tours that included that in their itinerary or they could be fined. This came from Beverly Hills.
    So, you can see that the stars have become fed up with the public. I guess the lack of manners, and limits on self-control (as we can see to the extreme among our youth as evidenced by the Colombine shootings,etc,etc)
    have set the tone for basically no more tours.
    There are some maps you can buy that have the homes on it. You can pick those up on the main drag Sunset Blvd. near the El Capitan and star walk.
    But, the way to Eddie's house is a beat-up old dirt road (almost need a 4 wheeler) and there is a big gate. You can't see a thing, but a nice view of the surrounding mountains. Plus, there are "no trespassing" signs everywhere.
    It's not worth going unless you are in a helicopter..........and why in the world would you ever do that? Leave that for the camera crews.........
    Like the others have said, there is too much other stuff to see and do.
    Go see the Rockwalk hall of fame, go to Venice Beach, Malibu, Universal Studios, the Getty Museum(that is worth a whole day at least!!).
    Have fun!!

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

check this out ! I was talking to a sales person in this guitar shop that sold esp and schecter guitars at the time on sunset blvd, this was during the balance tour and just a few days after they played the forum in LA. anyway he and I talked guitars then talked Van Halen he said he was a huge fan so I asked him if he ever met eddie he said yes. I asked how and he said he went to his house. He told me that he and his bud went there to "the gate", when he was there some guy was waiting at the gate and looked like he was there ready to install or do some sort of construction because the guy had a small utility truck with a ladder and the whole bit. so when the guy walked up to tha gate they walked to it at the same time and here comes Eddie with his t-shirt and jeans and hands in his pockets. The utility guy said he was here to do some work so Eddie let him in and also thought that the the two other were with him so he was about to let them in but they said that they were not with him but just fans and wanted to meet the King himself. So he told me that Ed said he would sign autograghs and told them to not make it a habit and they talked for about 5 minutes. I do not no when this was exactly but I know it was before Balance. anyway for what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

When I was there in 1998, my bud and I were driving up the mountain and found the sign with all the address numbers on it and Eddie's was on there. We drove up the road, which was steep, but couldn't decipher which house was his. There was a nice big house first one on the right...but we weren't sure. So we drove and circled around and came back. When we were pulling out, a white Jeep Cherokee pulls up behind us. I look and it's Valerie in the passenger seat. I yelled out, "dude it's valerie!" and my bud and I say "Holy Shit!" I turned and they were going down the hill into town and we caught a very fast glimpse of Eddie. He was driving FAST, that's all I know. If I ever go to L.A. again, heck yeah I'm going to try again. I ain't gonna camp out, but shoot yeah I'll try the drive-by.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.11.05 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I lived in LA for about 10 years...

Years ago, when I was younger and dumber, I thought it would be great to go to his house.

Went up Laurel Canyon, crossed over Mullholland and down... found the dirt road on the left, turned in... saw a big house on the right. Kept going on the dirt road. I think it curved to the left to a dead end/cul-de sac. there was a house there... behind some heave foilage. Almost Tudorish from what I could see. So, I thought this was the joint. Parked right there on the dirt road and sat there like a true idiot stalker.

Saw a dog running around behind the fence. Looked like Sherman.

Never saw a human.

I was younger and I feel bad for doing what I did. Just sitting in his drive way. I was a fool.

Dont know why Im sharing this info.

Regards
    Tower

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Just follow the swerving motorcycle.

Last Online

10.24.09 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

^^^ lol

I would say once you find the house with the butt ugly wallpaper....

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.02.05 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

whatever happened to eddie living in bucks,PA. Was this a rumor? i ask cuz i live 30 minutes from there.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K, Fair Warning,. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

all of 'em
    Last Online

06.16.08 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know that his girlfrind lives in Bucks Co. PA but I haven't heard anything about him actually living there.