Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

Default Halo movie anyone????

i love the game halo...but a movie??? hmmmmmm

Microsoft Goes To the Movies

In a surprise move, Microsoft announced last week that it was hiring its own screenwriter to pen a movie adaptation of the best selling X-box series "Halo." Microsoft then plans on packaging the property with the script to a studio or production company. Usually, a video game developer sells the rights to their property before a script, director or star is on board. Not this time.

It is clear that Microsoft wants to protect the lucrative "Halo" franchise and avoid the pitfalls of previous video game-to-movie adaptations. While the initial "Mortal Kombat" and "Tomb Raider" films were all box office hits, their sequels did about half the box office of the originals mostly because the quality of the first installment was so poor; the audience wasn't going to get suckered again. The "Resident Evil" series is the exception. The first movie made $102 million worldwide and "RE2" grossed a bit more with $129 million. Yet while there is a small core fan base for the Milla Jovovich series, you still don't find a lot of moviegoers clamoring for a third one. And that's precisely what Microsoft is trying to avoid.

British writer Alex Garland -- who wrote the books "The Beach" and "The Tesseract" -- is on board to adapt the popular game. He is also known as the screenwriter for Danny Boyle's zombie movie "28 Days Later," which was a surprise critical and box office hit. None of the filmmakers or screenwriters on the other gaming franchises is close to being as talented as this. "Mortal Kombat" and "Resident Evil" were written and directed by Paul W. Anderson, who should add an "H" to his middle name for "Hack." Anderson always appears charming in interviews, but his work on both series is in an insult to the creators of the games themselves. In the case of "Tomb Raider," an enjoyable script got torn up under the direction of Simon West ("Con Air," "The General's Daughter") who hasn't made a major movie since. Luckily Angelina Jolie in tight pants helped the original become a box office hit. Her star power couldn't save the sequel.

Obviously, Microsoft can't control the production process once a movie is made. A director might not work out, an actor/actress may end up on a cold streak (like Ben Affleck) or sometimes what works on paper just doesn't gel on screen. They can, however, force more control by approving the foundation of the series before turning it over to Hollywood. Judging by his previous work, Garland is obviously a guy who enjoys genre action adventure films. Let's hope he gives "Halo" fans a movie they will want to see

http://movies.msn.com/beacon/editori...b-289e1ed97ae1
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

noone likes the halo game????

suprised there is no comments
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My PC turned dated by the time this game came out, but I've heard positive comments about this game.

What about game-based movies, I can name some - Tomb Rider, Resident Evil... Vanilla-flavoured bubble-gum

Last Online

07.20.14 @ 01:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

halo is all about multiplayer, i dont think a movie would be a wise desicion

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 10:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't they do this already? But called it Starship Troopers??
    "And I used to wonder why, then later i realized, cuz he's Eddie Fuckin Van Halen!"
    -Michael Ian Black on VH1's I Love the 80s as to why Eddie Van Halen is always smiling.