Fair Warning / 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing!
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:46 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Default Just Bought Our First House!

Well, we decided to get the hell out of our apt. 7 years is enough. Started looking for our first house a few weeks ago, and after a few rough starts we finally found one. Two story, 3 bedroom, 2.75 bath, 1750 sq ft, private lot, back yard is woods. More then we really need, but everything else was too small. We move in tomorrow. It's a little nerve-wracking, but mostly exciting. Got a bit of buyers remorse, but not because there's anything wrong with the house, it's just that the numbers on the paperwork are big!. Not to mention signing a paper that says "paid off in 2035", tends to freak you out a little bit. But, I think that's pretty normal.

Nonetheless, it's about time, and it's exciting. It's a little farthur out commute wise then we wanted, but anything closer to the city, and you get smaller homes. The farthur out you go, the more your money buys, and it's still only a 30min commute. Not terrible, especially with flexible hours. Now we just need to get to Ikea and stock the house with furniture we didn't have room for here.

Anyway, just thought i'd share the good news with a bunch of strangers.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Great for you! I moved in into brand-new appartment in September and I am still exited about it.

Hope to see pics of your place

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Buying a house is scary at closing with all the big numbers and stuff, but you will soon forget it, especially when you realize that you are paying for YOUR place and not someone elses. It sounds like you planned this out well and are happy.
    Just wait until the basement floods in the spring and the furnace goes out in the winter on the coldest day, if you are not handy, it would be wise to be nice to the handy co-workers or friends It helped me out!
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Olive um
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!!
    Last Online

06.14.13 @ 10:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. I know what you mean about the numbers man! My experience with the whole closing procedures were a nightmare. That was 5 years ago, but I still cringe. Don't worry about the remorse feeling. That too shall pass. Just curious, what are did you find. I grew up in Kirkland, but couldn't afford to stay there. Olympia worked for awhile. Now it's South Florida. Wierd, huh? Anyways, congrats again and throw a raging house warming party.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW
    Just wait until the basement floods in the spring and the furnace goes out in the winter on the coldest day
    Oh don't you mention it!! Every goddamn spring we have your summer house look like K-19 hit in action

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning / 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing!
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:46 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I'm not very handy unless it's painting, But that's okay, because there won't be a white wall left in the house when i'm done. Besides, my fiance is great with all the other stuff. In fact, he loves to build things, and is actually looking forward to wiring up the house for the computers, the home theater, and all that stuff.

Our house is in Renton. About as far out as we wanted to go. We found a few houses in Kirkland we wanted to see, but they were all taken by the time we went to go look, so that didn't work out. There was also one house in Redmond with a perfect commute, but it was in a shady area, had no privacy, and was too small.

This house needs a little bit of updating (was built in 1977), but not too much to do (mostly appliances, and bath tile), and otherwise is nice and in move in condition.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:48 PM
    Liked 585 Times in 358 Posts

Donor

We bought our first house in May. Word to the wise: Do NOT try to remodel before you completely unpack. That was a friggin nightmare.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

Congrats, man. Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership. Don't forget the mold insurance.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

5149, I thought the same things when we bought our first house. Making $200,000 in equity in 4 years really eased my stress about the process. Welcome to the club, bro!!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

5149.9 congrats on the new house!!

I bought my hosue 6 or 7 years ago and was very scared when it came to signing day. The way to look at home ownership is this - Its a really large savings account with a great intrest rate. The chances of losing money on a home in the Seattle area are pretty slim. My sister purchased a house in the Fairwood area of Renton 10 years ago for 135,000 they just sold it for 270,000.

Shit breaks, you get it fixed.

Once the move it complete you and the future Mr 5149.9 will be stoked to have a home that is yours.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We've already started looking for one as well. I'd love to stay here in San Diego, but with the median price of a home being $550,000, that pretty much ruined it for us settling down roots here after I retire next year.

The prices on the homes, not to mention the homes themselves, we've been looking at up in the High Desert easily kick the shit out of the ones down here.

We're hoping to be moved out of here by at least September in order to spend Xmas in our first new home. Also, since I don't leave the Navy until May '06, this way I can let the Navy make my house payment for at least 8 months.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Congrats! I bought a house a few months ago, so I know how you feel. It’s a great feeling. I hope you and your family enjoy it. Again, congrats.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Congrats, man. Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership. Don't forget the mold insurance.
    If I'm not mistaken, 5149.9 is she

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by 5149.9
    I'm not very handy unless it's painting,

"You will be, you will be"

Welcome to home ownership, it's been a great expereince for my wife and I since we moved in to our house 4 years ago this month. It's in the historic District of Phoenix. The house was built in 1939 with Transitional Ranch architecture adn with the detached garage in the backyard is aroun 1500 sqft. It's got a lush green lawn, especially with all the rain we've been havin' here in Arizona. We've got a large backyard and a huge patio that rocks when we entertain. But the house is a constent fixer-upper, there's always something. Not neccessarily to repair but to improve or customize.

The master bedroom is the one we're gonna work on today.
    I had planned on flower beds but it's raining cats and dogs here in the Valley of Sun. Last week was the bathroom plumbing and fixtures.

PS: Congrats to Mojo who is also moving into their new home today, hope the traffic report is in your favor
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,460 Times in 896 Posts

Congratulations!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com