Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Default Zakk on Ed at Dime's funeral..

Not sure if this has been posted but from the latest issue of Revolver:

Zakk: "I don't know what the hell happened to Ed. He hasn't just gone off the deep end-he's living in Atlantis! I couldn't get a word in at Dime's memorial without being interrupted by him. If I mentioned God or Jesus, he'd say "there is no God or Jesus. It's like he thought the whole thing was about him. He wasn't thinking about Dime, or even Vinnie or Dime's old lade Rita. He did put in his original balck and yellow guitar in the coffin with Dime though. That was cool."

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Last sentance kinda contradicts to the rest of the message, but I think Ed was just trying to do best of him, maybe making it to look quite weird (as usual). All I know is that Zakk always had a high opinion of Ed as a guitar player and a person as well.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

IMHO, both Zakk and Ed need to lay off the booze.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:46 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

He's living in Atlantis - now that's funny.
    E.F.C - 1897

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

At least Zakk can take control of himself, but maybe that's just because he's a lot younger

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Yea, Zakk seems to be able to control himself alot more, but I still don't think it makes it right for him to drink like a fish. To my knowledge he's not an alcoholic, but I hear the man drinks, and drinks often. When Dime was killed, one of the things I thought about was Zakk's drinking. And basically just hoping that he wouldn't crawl into a bottle.

As for Ed..he just needs to chill already. I'm gettin tired of reading it, and he should be tired of living it.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Sometimes I wonder if the next article I read about Ed will be in the obituary section.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

06.02.05 @ 10:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's always a contradiction in these situations to me. I could be totally worng on my assessment but it's what I think - whether it's right or wrong. Amongst other things, it seems like one of Ed's main problems is that he wants to hibernate for 5 or 6 years doing nothing and then all of a sudden when he decides to step back into the public eye, seems PO'd that he isn't the center of everyone's attention anymore. The guy is in the music business (fickle as hell) and expects to be gone since 1998 and still be the man (i.e. Zakk not being able to get a word in and the thing being about Ed - not Dimebag.) To most people 20 years old and under, Eddie Van Halen is like Michael Jackson. He's someone that they heard of that was famous a long time ago, sold some records but now is old news. This could all be changed and people who don't know his greatness could be shown it, but he's got a lot of work to do on that end of things. Also, in 2005 the drunken rockstar isn't as readily accepted as it was in say 1985. People don't find it cool or cute anymore so in my opinion, it's an example of time passing him by.

Last Online

02.18.12 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon
    Sometimes I wonder if the next article I read about Ed will be in the obituary section.
    After seeing VH in Cincinnati (which abso-fucking-lutely rocked) my wife said that I am going to get up one day and read "Eddie Van Halen Found Dead" in the headlines because of the way he looked. Unfortunately, she tends to be right about shit like that--she can call them. She's also not really a VH fan like I am. I just hope Ed has some of whatever it is that keeps Keith Richards going.
    "I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

Ed has been acting strange since 1998, let's face it. I think he has melted his brain a little bit...You can listen to interviews he did in 1995, and then listen to the ones he did in 1998, and there is such a difference it's almost freaky...he almost turned into another person...does it have to do with the drinking? Hell yes, but he seems to get stranger when he stops....The man is a piece of cheese short of a grilled cheese sandwich. I've been saying it for years.

I'm still a fan. I still enjoyed the shows and the three new tunes and anxiously await anything else he decides to release...but man he is an odd bird...the prediction at the end of the Hot for Teacher video showing him in the straight jacket was not too far off, eh?
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

10.07.15 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Not just in interviews

Ed's strangeness isn't just in his interviews, it's in his music and in the way he presents himself. He went from "Mr. Humble" to over the edge, almost cocky, borderline bum. On VH III, Ed was energetic and full of life, it seemed. Now he seems like he pulled down a new skin and is carrying a slight chip on his shoulder. I just don't know this guy anymore. Unfortunately and sadly, I don't think he will ever find his way out of the darkness.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.29.12 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we're all worried about Ed. You know, I hate to sound selfish here, but I would like to be able to meet Edward some day and the way he's going, that doesn't look like that's going to happen. So far, I have met 2 out of the 4 people that have had a major impact on my life: Yngwie Malmsteen (who was awesome to me), and Ronnie James Dio (the sweetest, nicest, most intelligent person ever). I'll never get to meet Bruce Lee because he's been dead for a long time, so that only leaves Edward..the man that made me want to play guitar in the first place. There is something to be said for looking a person in the eyes and telling them how much they or what they have accomplished have ment to you. Luckily, I did get to meet Dime once when I was a kid...he was really cool to everyone.
    Edward...TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! If not for your sake, do it for ours (your fans).
    "Honey, arn't you gonna catch a cold dressed like that?" - Dave
    "We're not in the music business, we're in the business of making music." - Edward
    "I will never change because of a trend." - Yngwie J. Malmsteen
    "Yeah, I saw a yard gnome once...it didn't scare me." - Space Ghost

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

IMO... Whenever a " tragedy" happens & everyone wants to "toast or remember them":

Drinkers drink
    smokers smoke
    complainers complain
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

I'd bet most of his problems go back to his being insecure about himself. In early interviews he stated that when he was young he would drink before going on stage, due to being nervous. His behavior at Dime's funeral was probably not any different.

His behavior for the last few years, divorce, cancer, band going through big changes all contribute to his insecurities, which feeds the alcoholism.

Then again what do I know.

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by littleguitars_99
    Not sure if this has been posted but from the latest issue of Revolver:

Zakk: "I don't know what the hell happened to Ed. He hasn't just gone off the deep end-he's living in Atlantis! I couldn't get a word in at Dime's memorial without being interrupted by him. If I mentioned God or Jesus, he'd say "there is no God or Jesus. It's like he thought the whole thing was about him. He wasn't thinking about Dime, or even Vinnie or Dime's old lade Rita. He did put in his original balck and yellow guitar in the coffin with Dime though. That was cool."
    Here are some of my thoughts on this.....
    1. Zakk truely idolized (s?) Ed and says he's the best (guitar Player interview)
    2. Zakk was pissed by Ed's behavier at Dime's funeral to say the least.
    3. Zakk lost a good friend.
    4. Zakk drinks but is not out of control.
    5. Ed's drinking is out of control.
    6. Ed is a real mess these days.
    7. Ed said there is no God and Jesus because he thinks "God" would of kept him and Val together and his life wouldn't have become the mess that it is.
    8. Ed tried to show respect at Dime's funeral by giving him a prized personal possesion but didn't realize how he came across to others.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!