Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:13 AM
    Liked 541 Times in 322 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default The Van Halen Links Official Creepy Crawly Thread

Okay, a blast from the past revisited. Many of you may remember my bats in the belfry story from last summer, it caused some amusement in these here parts, as well as to anyone else I told. The comic potential of a bat flying around your bedroom at 2 am...

A couple of years ago, a mouse got into the wall behind our kitchen stove, which is in the corner of the kitchen on an outside wall. We found droppings on the steps right by the edge of the siding in that corner. Ultimately, I found it in the basement dead after a few weeks, was just a tiny little thing. We have a 130 year old house with a fieldstone foundation, so God knows it's not tight. We also have a cat, so I believe the cat kept the mouse from venturing into the house, as we never found droppings anywhere but outside the house at that corner.

About a month ago, we notice this nasty smell when the oven heated up. First we thought it was just burning crud that may have spilled on or in the stove. Then, when it didn't go away, we pull up the top of the stove (gas) and find mouse droppings all around under there. We pulled the stove out and found more droppings behind the stove. We had the stove out over the summer to do some work on the gas line, so this is relatively new. Since it still smelled even after Cloroxing the shit out of it (pun intended), our guess was that the mouse was getting into the insulation in the stove and pissing/shitting, hence the smell when it gets really hot. The gas line comes up from the basement there, so there is a hole in the floor. In additon, the cat seemed to be a little pre-occupied with the area as well. Great, so now we've got a mouse again. No biggie, the cat was keeping it behind the scenes, so to speak, and we didn't see any droppings anywhere else. So, we put some of those sticky glue plate traps behind the stove, and wait. Nothing for a week or two.

The other night we come home, and I hear animal rustling coming from my right (where the stove is), and the cat was in front of me, so it wasn't her. Hah, we got a critter!!! I pull the stove out expecting to see this little scared soon to be dead mouse, and holy fucking shit it's the biggest mouse I've ever seen. I honestly don't know if it was a big mouse, or a small rat, damn it. Was about 4-5 inches long, plus tail. And very healthy looking, LOL. Gave me the fucking creeps. It was big. Was dark brown, like a mouse, but just big. It had three legs stuck in the trap, it's mouth was even glued shut. But it was fighting. Loud squeeling. I used a box to scoop it up and put it in a bag, then I slammed it against my car bumper on the way out to the trash. I figured that would be a better way to go than freezing/suffocating/starving. I have to admit I wasn't feeling too good about myself there. We kept the other trap there in case it had family, but nothing so far. Hopefully it was solo, just getting in out of the cold.

And how about my useless fucking cat? She could have gotten back behind that stove when the mouse/rat was caught, it was pulled out enough. She had ZERO interest in that monster. I'm guessing she either got up on the stove and looked, or looked under the stove, saw the size of the fucker, and decided she wanted no part of it, LOL. I don't blame her, actually.

So I had bats, now I may have rats. Goddamn old houses.

Still beats black widows/brown recluses/scorpions/poisonous snakes!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Last year I lived in this really old house in California. I wasn't home much due to a busy schedule, but sometimes I would hear what I thought was another cat coming in through the doggie door at the back of the house and eating my cat's food. I would watch my cat and it wouldn't do a damn thing, and my cat is pretty fierce and territorial. I've seen her kick the shit out of a male cat bigger than her.

Okay, so I'm baffled because each time I try and sneak up on it, I just see a shadow, and the door swinging shut. Fast cat I'm thinking. So, one night I left the lights on and got as quiet as I could get and waited on the other side of the wall. There was a pass-through about waist high, so I put a dish on the other side of this pass through so I could lean over and video tape the "cat".

Turns out it was satan himself eating the cat's food. Here's a clip from the movie I took of the theif. I have about 10 minutes of this thing. And, it did smell like Satan too! http://www.supersportchevelle.com/vh04/satan.wmv

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Got a blowtorch?
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we had more of a mouse problem in the 'burbs than we do down here in the sticks. last winter we caught four or five, this year the traps continue to be empty. didn't have any the first three winters.

one summer at the old place we caught 15, maybe more. the people next door were gutting the interior of their house, we think they stirred 'em up and sent 'em our way.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Mouse, woodpecker... Who cares???

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phatie
    Last year I lived in this really old house in California. I wasn't home much due to a busy schedule, but sometimes I would hear what I thought was another cat coming in through the doggie door at the back of the house and eating my cat's food. I would watch my cat and it wouldn't do a damn thing, and my cat is pretty fierce and territorial. I've seen her kick the shit out of a male cat bigger than her.

Okay, so I'm baffled because each time I try and sneak up on it, I just see a shadow, and the door swinging shut. Fast cat I'm thinking. So, one night I left the lights on and got as quiet as I could get and waited on the other side of the wall. There was a pass-through about waist high, so I put a dish on the other side of this pass through so I could lean over and video tape the "cat".

Turns out it was satan himself eating the cat's food. Here's a clip from the movie I took of the theif. I have about 10 minutes of this thing. And, it did smell like Satan too! http://www.supersportchevelle.com/vh04/satan.wmv
    What was the video? I missed the original post and now the link is gone. Help....

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I tell you, anything from the Black Widow family scares the wee-wee out of me.

"Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

I don't have a problem with spiders. I think stray animals are worse. I remember the time we hit a racoon when we were driving out in the country and the sound was horrible. We shot bottle rockets at it afterwards.

And I hope that nobody posts a goatse picture here.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300

This is the scariest thing I have ever seen!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockygotfingered
    And I hope that nobody posts a goatse picture here.
    awwww...

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    awwww...

I hate getting those links.

Last Online

02.14.09 @ 06:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    awwww...

Ummm...WTF are those supposed to be???? How does that have anything to do with a road-kill raccoon? And WTF is 'goatse'? Is it anything like goat cheese?
    Looks like some kind of PB & J cookies to me....but from the reaction here....I doubt I'd be wanting to try them and find out.

BTW...there's some rats living in a huge holly tree in the front yard of our place here...they come out at night and you can hear them thrashing around, leaping from branch to branch looking for berries. If you're quiet and stand near the tree, you can hear them gnawing and chewing on the berries and cracking the seeds inside. Took several months to figure out what was living up there...but I spotlighted them one night. Mystery solved!

JA
    "I don't care if I never get another fan. I'm KEEPIN' all of these!" -S.H.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

There used to be a link(s) to a place called "goatse" whereas it was just a picture of a guy spreading his buttocks to the point...well, you get the picture by looking at the cookies above. It might just be the most squeamish picture ever on the internet. On some of the links people would send would have that picture open up in multiple windows on your pc and you had no choice but to reboot to make it stop.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    This is the scariest thing I have ever seen!
    Indeed.