Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

07.14.19 @ 09:50 PM
    Liked 4,093 Times in 2,561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    I can't believe Johnny Depp is getting to join the "club." I'd even rather see Dave Grohl in there.
    LOL. Yeah, how'd that happen.

JD is a big fan, so, I'll give him props there.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

I didn't think Joe sounded that bad either. I listened to three different versions and they all sound okay.
    Not great of course but not horrible.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 08:38 AM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 6,313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I didn't think Joe sounded that bad either. I listened to three different versions and they all sound okay.
    Not great of course but not horrible.
    Yeah, after the reviews, i expected a complete train wreck, but he was hitting the notes.

I have a show from '78, where he is completely zonked on Heroin, and his solo to
    "Milk cow blues" is one of the hardest things to listen to.
    He starts by sliding one finger up & down, then starts crashing into random open strings....

At the end, Steven says: Nice try, Joe...

At the same show, Steven attempts to sing the verses to "Lick & a Promise," and literally
    just sings random lines from the first and second verse, but mixes them into one incoherent jumble.
    Then he forgets a line & sings, "He gets his gonna do this thing for free, they got him rockin' like
    he's drownin' the sea..."

COMPLETELY FUCKED UP, but hilarious 70's Aero.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Yeah, after the reviews, i expected a complete train wreck, but he was hitting the notes.

I have a show from '78, where he is completely zonked on Heroin, and his solo to
    "Milk cow blues" is one of the hardest things to listen to.
    He starts by sliding one finger up & down, then starts crashing into random open strings....

At the end, Steven says: Nice try, Joe...

At the same show, Steven attempts to sing the verses to "Lick & a Promise," and literally
    just sings random lines from the first and second verse, but mixes them into one incoherent jumble.
    Then he forgets a line & sings, "He gets his gonna do this thing for free, they got him rockin' like
    he's drownin' the sea..."

COMPLETELY FUCKED UP, but hilarious 70's Aero.
    LOL. I've heard some of that '78 stuff, Jape. That's what I was thinking as well.
    I'm guessing the fans tweeting aren't familiar with late 70's Aerosmith.
    He sounds on top of his game compared to 1978.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 08:28 AM
    Liked 17,380 Times in 9,817 Posts

Premium Member

I love Aerosmith, and I’ve seen all of them high and jammin’. No way in hell is anyone going to convince me Joe wasn’t fucked up in that video. He’s not a kid anymore, we’re talking about a recovering addict who will be 69 this year. He’s already had a few recent hospital scares too. Of course they used the ol’ “exhaustion” excuse.

He’s not right and at his age this is very dangerous.

Notice the video was pulled.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 04.20.19 at 04:09 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

10. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 03:02 AM
    Liked 1,742 Times in 1,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I love Aerosmith, and I’ve seen all of them high and jammin’. No way in hell is anyone going to convince me Joe wasn’t fucked up in that video. He’s not a kid anymore, we’re talking about a recovering addict who will be 69 this year. He’s already had a few recent hospital scares too. Of course they used the ol’ “exhaustion” excuse.

Yep! The very beginning is where it was ragingly clear. Steven cues the beginning of the song not once but twice, I think, and Joe is still slow to start it. Then when he does, he makes a mess of an ultra simple riff, and it sounds like he's hitting his volume knob with his palm as he plays so he's fading in and out as he goes.

After the band kicks in he's buried so it sounds better, but you can still see Joe is wobbly and barely standing, and looks frighteningly thin even by Joe Perry standards.

We used to watch Texxas Jam '78 and the Pontiac Silverdome stuff practically every weekend. The train wreck aspect seemed great back then. Like Brklyn said, it's more dangerous when you're nearly 70. Plus what did those people pay for a ticket?

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 25,638 Times in 12,942 Posts

Premium Member

Was reading through some of the comments on the Led Zep news site and people were talking about Jimmy Page having stage fright as one of the reasons he doesn't perform much anymore. Never heard that before (not sure I think it is true either, just interesting).
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Page is like Wolf.

He's been promising his big solo album for the past five years.
    I remember the 2015 Classic Rock, where he stated: You WILL hear new music this year.
    The guy has been outta the game so long, i do think he's a bit afraid to put his stuff out
    there, especially in the shadow of Zep.

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

I'm not doubting Joe is back on the drugs, but i don't think he was as bad as folks
    are claiming on the "Edge" clip.

It's a very layered, produced song.
    It's live, credit to them, so you're not gonna get the same tune from the radio.

Joe even did the solo fine, imo.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 03:02 AM
    Liked 1,742 Times in 1,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Was reading through some of the comments on the Led Zep news site and people were talking about Jimmy Page having stage fright as one of the reasons he doesn't perform much anymore. Never heard that before (not sure I think it is true either, just interesting).
    Oh, yeah! In the Zeppelin days they would try to time the limo pulling up to the backstage door so he could walk straight from the limo to the stage. He said having time to pace around backstage only made it worse. I've always theorized that's why his live playing was much clunkier than the records.

It never made sense to me that Joe was into health food and working out, AND heroin. After reading his book, I get it. His parents were Ivy League graduates, and Joe struggled to finish public high school. He started dabbling in drugs at that point. They got him tutors and sent him to a private school, but it didn't help, and Joe got further into drugs. Meanwhile his mom was a PE teacher. So on one hand he's into health, which was what his mom was into and how he was raised, so that part is trying to PLEASE his parents, and then there's the part where he feels like he's failed to please them, and that's where the drugs come in! Pretty quick you feel like you want to give poor ol' Joe a hug!

Him and Steven hit it off because Joe was quiet and a bit unsure of himself, and Steven was loud and confident.

If I ever meet Joe, I should give him my complete psychoanalysis. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

I met Joe, and he seemed to be incredibly nice and stable.

I ambushed him & his wife mid argument, i'd never do that today, and instead of saying
    "Fuck off, man," he looked me in the eye and gave me complete attention, while i gushed.

The guy has manners, despite the drug abuse, so he seems to have been raised right.

When i met Mustaine, he just seemed to carry this huge chip on his shoulder, his mannerisms.

Joe just seemed like a really nice boy, who became this rock & roll bad boy.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

I agree with you there, Brook. Whether it's drugs or a health issue...something's off.
    I saw them in 2015 and he was very good that night.

It's just when I hear comments his playing was awful, I automatically go to that late 70's place.
    He set the bar incredibly high back then. This 2019 show was bad but it has a ways to go to compete with that.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 08:28 AM
    Liked 17,380 Times in 9,817 Posts

Premium Member

AEROSMITH's JOEY KRAMER Skips Las Vegas Concert; Band Performs With Fill-In

April 24, 2019

Drummer Joey Kramer did not perform with his AEROSMITH bandmates last night (Tuesday, April 23) as part of their "Deuces Are Wild" Las Vegas residency. Filling in for him at the Park Theater at Park MGM was reportedly Kramer's assistant/drum tech, John Douglas.

AEROSMITH has not yet publicly addressed Kramer's absence from the concert, but a number of fans took to social media to express their hope that the drummer is in good health.

A couple of short videos of last night's show can be seen below.

Back in August 2014, AEROSMITH canceled a California concert because Kramer was dealing with "heart complications" that required immediate surgery. The musician later revealed that he had an angioplasty, explaining that it was "just strictly a hereditary thing. There's a family history, and I was the victim. But no more."

Kramer missed a week's worth of AEROSMITH shows after his 2014 surgery — his son Jesse filled in on drums — before getting back to work.

"It wasn't my time," Kramer said at the time. "It wasn't time for my ticket to be punched. And so I got fixed, and I'm back 150 percent, and everything is as good as it can possibly be."

AEROSMITH kicked off its "Deuces Are Wild" Las Vegas residency on April 6. The band is scheduled to play 27 more shows in Las Vegas dates before the end of the year — one in April, five in June, four in July, four in September, four in October, seven in November, and two in December. The band also has multiple-night "Deuces Are Wild" engagements booked at MGM properties in National Harbor, Maryland; Atlantic City, New Jersey; and Springfield, Massachusetts.

In addition to the "Deuces Are Wild" shows, AEROSMITH is scheduled to make two festival appearances this summer: July 14 at the Roxodus Music Fest in Edenvale, Canada; and July 19 at the Twin Cities Summer Jam in Shakopee, Minnesota.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/aer...-with-fill-in/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

These poor guys are breaking down at a rapid rate.

Tom came in last year, and he just looked so frail and delicate.

These guys obviously wanna do it, but should they do it?
    I think the body can only go so long, at that sort of pace, before you
    gotta slow way down and enjoy retirement.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

07.22.19 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 13,235 Times in 7,173 Posts

Premium Member

AEROSMITH's JOEY KRAMER Skips Las Vegas Concert; Band Performs With Fill-In

April 24, 2019

Drummer Joey Kramer did not perform with his AEROSMITH bandmates last night (Tuesday, April 23) as part of their "Deuces Are Wild" Las Vegas residency. Filling in for him at the Park Theater at Park MGM was reportedly Kramer's assistant/drum tech, John Douglas.

AEROSMITH has not yet publicly addressed Kramer's absence from the concert, but a number of fans took to social media to express their hope that the drummer is in good health.

A couple of short videos of last night's show can be seen below.

Back in August 2014, AEROSMITH canceled a California concert because Kramer was dealing with "heart complications" that required immediate surgery. The musician later revealed that he had an angioplasty, explaining that it was "just strictly a hereditary thing. There's a family history, and I was the victim. But no more."

Kramer missed a week's worth of AEROSMITH shows after his 2014 surgery — his son Jesse filled in on drums — before getting back to work.

"It wasn't my time," Kramer said at the time. "It wasn't time for my ticket to be punched. And so I got fixed, and I'm back 150 percent, and everything is as good as it can possibly be."

AEROSMITH kicked off its "Deuces Are Wild" Las Vegas residency on April 6. The band is scheduled to play 27 more shows in Las Vegas dates before the end of the year — one in April, five in June, four in July, four in September, four in October, seven in November, and two in December. The band also has multiple-night "Deuces Are Wild" engagements booked at MGM properties in National Harbor, Maryland; Atlantic City, New Jersey; and Springfield, Massachusetts.

In addition to the "Deuces Are Wild" shows, AEROSMITH is scheduled to make two festival appearances this summer: July 14 at the Roxodus Music Fest in Edenvale, Canada; and July 19 at the Twin Cities Summer Jam in Shakopee, Minnesota.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/aer...-with-fill-in/
    Hmmm. I didnt know Kramer and Alex both used Douglas as their drum tech. I assume it's the same guy.