Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:16 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Default Aerosmith

Start off with a news item about a solo record:

Perry Preps First Solo Album In 21 Years

The long-awaited solo album from Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry will see the light of day in the spring. The self-titled set, due May 3 via Columbia, boasts 11 original songs (including two instrumentals) and covers of the Doors' "The Crystal Ship" and Woody Guthrie's "Vigilante Man."

Previewed months ago during a visit to "The Howard Stern Show," the set is the fourth album Perry has made outside of Aerosmith. In the early-1980s, he released three albums as the leader of the Joe Perry Project, two on Columbia and one through MCA.

Unlike those past outings, "Joe Perry" finds the guitarist handling lead vocals throughout the album. The Joe Perry Project boasted a different singer on each of its albums ("Cowboy" Mach Bell, Ralph Mormon and Charlie Farren).

Along with vocals, Perry is responsible for all of the guitars, bass and keyboards. He co-produced the set with Paul Caruso, who also contributed drums and engineered the release, which was recorded in Perry's basement home studio, the Boneyard. The only other player on the set is friend Chris Noise, who Perry describes as "an old-school analog synth guy... who plays the string part on one ballad, 'Ten Years.'" Noise is a teacher at the Boston's Berklee School of Music.

"Seems like these days that when people go off and do a solo record, it's more the norm to bring in a bunch of all-star friends," Perry says. "But I already have the amazing fortune to play with one of the best singers in the world and the hardest rocking band on the planet.

"But also, the way these songs developed from the demos, they already had the sound I was looking for. And it was a refreshing challenge to work this way," he adds.

The new album's opening cut, "Shakin' My Cage," will be the first track promoted to U.S. rock radio stations.

Here is the "Joe Perry" track list:

"Shakin' My Cage"
    "Hold On Me"
    "Pray For Me"
    "Can't Compare"
    "Lonely"
    "Crystal Ship"
    "Talk Talkin'"
    "Push Comes To Shove"
    "Twilight"
    "Ten Years"
    "Vigilante Man"
    "Dying To Be Free"
    "Mercy"

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.

from www.billboard.com

"The long-awaited solo album from Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry..." - by whom? Nothing against Joe, but I didn't know that he was making a solo album until I heard a brief mention of something on the radio the other day, or that people were actually waiting for it!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by billy007

Along with vocals, Perry is responsible for all of the guitars, bass and keyboards.

Wow! This MIGHT be worth looking into....he actually has a pretty good voice, he sang some blues song on the Aerosmith DVD and it sounded cool.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I really want to like Aerosmith again. They seem like great guys and have a great sense of humor. But man oh man, lately when I hear about them I kinda roll my eyes.
    Now, when I hear "Dream On" or "Big Ten Inch" or even "Rag Doll" come on the radio....the fuckin volume knob goes straight to Mars. Recently though something about them just bugs the fuck outta me, and I want to believe it's something a little more than that Super Bowl disaster with Britney and the BackDoor Boys. Maybe its the music they do for crapola movies like "Armageddon", or the fact that I see clueless teens in the mall wearing their 70's and 80's tour shirts when you know they wouldn't know "Lightning Strikes" from "Last Child" (not really the band's fault there).

Aerosmith just seems like its own bad joke to me.....I just don't know. Maybe I'm the one with the problem.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    Wow! This MIGHT be worth looking into....he actually has a pretty good voice, he sang some blues song on the Aerosmith DVD and it sounded cool.
    I'm there! (And he's damn nice to look at, too!)

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I would venture to guess that I was one of the 12-26 folk that actually purchased Joe Perry's "Let the music do the talking" solo album when it first came out, in 1980.

I really thought it would take off... it did not, sadly.

It was a smokin' record, and nobody wanted to know.

Aerosmith exists to me because of early tunes..."Seasons of Wither" at this particular moment.

About 40 or so other tunes, for other moments.

Honestly? Very few of them past "Night in the Ruts".

The "Pandora's Box" era, fits me most personally.

I enjoyed the hell out of "Done w/mirrors".

Then something "Permanently" changed.

"Honkin' on Bobo" wasn't bad, yet it simply (to these ears) was not enough.

I'd like to hear more of the bluesy, "out of tune and who cares?" Aerosmith that I fell in love with.

Pick up the first four records, and please play them loudly.

Can't afford 'em?

Pick up "Live Bootleg".

Trust me...

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Something I don't understand...

Why is it that people can rag on Aerosmith for doing ballads and pop
    songs and then turn right around and listen to the Hagar era Van
    Halen? I don't like Smith's 90's stuff. But it's rather tiring to hear
    somebody rag on Ragdoll or Angel and then turn right around and
    pop in "When It's Love" "Dreams" and 'Why Can't This Be Love?"
    because it simply doesn't make sense to me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig
    I would venture to guess that I was one of the 12-26 folk that actually purchased Joe Perry's "Let the music do the talking" solo album when it first came out, in 1980.

Aerosmith exists to me because of early tunes..."Seasons of Wither" at this particular moment.

I'd like to hear more of the bluesy, "out of tune and who cares?" Aerosmith that I fell in love with.

Can't afford 'em?

Pick up "Live Bootleg".

Trust me...

...craig

Chefman, I absolutely relate to your line of thought on Aerosmith. The post-breakup era started out good and has gone downhill for me, but I cherish the old stuff, it's hard to beat.

And I can offer up a loud "Amen!" on "Live Bootleg". I bought the LP from a pothead and became a pothead who sold all his LPs for cash in my early 20's, and that's one of few regrets I carry, not being able to bust out "Mama Kin" or "I Ain't Got You" now and then. "Live Bootleg" was just a musical achievement, in my humble opinion.

Last Online

11.26.17 @ 10:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    I've always liked Perry's voice whenever he sings. This album will be definitely worth a listen.
    "In our house, a song was considered shit if it didn't have a big guitar solo on it"- Slash

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig

Can't afford 'em?

Pick up "Live Bootleg".

Trust me...

...craig

Yeah, I'm with you on that one Craig, "Live Bootleg" has always been one of my favorites! Chip Away At The Stone and Sick as a Dog on that album are 2 songs I've always loved.
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude1981
    Why is it that people can rag on Aerosmith for doing ballads and pop
    songs and then turn right around and listen to the Hagar era Van
    Halen? I don't like Smith's 90's stuff. But it's rather tiring to hear
    somebody rag on Ragdoll or Angel and then turn right around and
    pop in "When It's Love" "Dreams" and 'Why Can't This Be Love?"
    because it simply doesn't make sense to me.
    good point...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Default Aerosmith's Tyler Separating From Wife

LOS ANGELES - Aerosmith (news - web sites) lead singer Steven Tyler and his wife of 17 years, Teresa, are separating, the singer announced Sunday.

Tyler, 56, asked the public to respect his family's privacy in a statement released through the band's publicist, Mitch Schneider.

"Before the tabloid media makes more of this than it is, I am announcing that my wife Teresa and I are currently separated," Tyler said. "We're just a family trying to work through a difficult time. A little privacy and sensitivity — for Teresa, my children and myself — would be nice."

The couple have two teenage children, Chelsea, 16, and Taj, 13.

Tyler is also the father of model Mia Tyler, 26, from a previous marriage to Cyrinda Fox, and the actress Liv Tyler, 27, from a previous relationship.

Tyler Family Photo

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

Just got this in email. Rumoured tour in the fall!? See the bottom of this post. Could there be some truth to the joint Aerosmith/VH tour?

AF1 Newsletter
    February 2005

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In this issue...
    TOM HAMILTON TALKS TOYS!
    Tyler Presents and Performs at GRAMMY Awards
    2005 Kits Are Out the Door!

TOM HAMILTON TALKS TOYS!
    Tom Hamilton is ready to talk Toys. Toys in the Attic that is, the band's legendary album released in 1975.
    The live online chat with Tom is open only to Gold and Platinum members of AF1. The chat will take place on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2005 AT 9:00 pm ET.

Gold and Platinum members will be able to log into the chat player, and chat with Tom for an hour. So take your notes on Toys...Tom's ready for your tough questions!

Some Toys in the Attic vital stats to get you groovin'...

The original Walk This Way...
    The classic Sweet Emotion made its debut
    Big Ten Inch... Record
    Produced by Jack Douglas
    Released after "Get Your Wings"
    But, before "Rocks"...

More details on the chat rules and how-to's coming in the next email ...

Tyler Presents and Performs at GRAMMY Awards
    Steven Tyler, John Travolta and Christina Milian, stars of the upcoming music biz flick "Be Cool," kicked off the 47th Annual GRAMMY Awards by giving out a lifetime achievement award to blues legend, Pinetop Perkins. The trio then presented the "Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal" to Los Lonely Boys for "Heaven."
    Before the broadcast, you might have caught Steven with his "brood" (son Taj and daughter Chelsea) on the E! Red Carpet Awards pre-show, where they were interviewed by Kathy Griffin. Kathy asked young Taj what designer he was wearing, and Taj honestly replied with a shrug, "I don't know." Steven said, "A smile...isn't that the most important?"

Steven continued that positive energy all night. During the telecast you could spot the four-time GRAMMY winner giving Green Day a standing ovation, shaking hands with the guys on their way to the stage to accept "Best Rock Album."

Later in the show, Steven rocked his contribution to the star-studded performance of John Lennon and Paul McCartney's "Across the Universe." The powerful rendition also featured Bono, Stevie Wonder, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Velvet Revolver, Tim McGraw, Brian Wilson and Al Green.

Proceeds from downloads of the live performance benefit Tsunami Relief efforts: DOWNLOAD the single from iTunes | Live Performance | Rehearsal Video

Get Up on AF1 News.

2005 Kits Are Out the Door!
    If chatting with Tom Hamilton isn't enough to lure you into AF1's amazing community of members, how about this sweet 2005 membership kit?
    When you join as a Gold or Platinum-level member, you get access to all kinds of crazy members-only activities, from exclusive pictures (check out Tom!), to video you won't get anywhere else (check out the AF1 home page...is Steven trippin'?!).

Plus, we've given away movie passes, hot sauce, autographed posters, DVDs, T-shirts, and Steven's own harmonicas...to hundreds of fan club members! And we're just gettin' going.

Oh yeah...did we mention the rumored tour this fall?!

As a Gold and Platinum member, you get access to presale tickets. Tickets are assigned on the basis of seniority, so join NOW.

JOIN AF1.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Steven Tyler sings on a song from newly signed band, "Rocket Science"

---interview and song---
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Default Yakakakakakoooowww

AEROSMITH To Release 'Rockin' The Joint' Live Album Next Month - Sep. 1, 2005

AEROSMITH have set an October 25 release date for their new live album, "Rockin' the Joint". Recorded on January 11, 2002, the CD/DualDisc features such AEROSMITH classics as "Beyond Beautiful", "S.O.S.", "Light Inside", "Draw the Line", "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", "Rattlesnake Shake" and "Walk This Way". The DVD portion will mix live performances with behind-the-scenes footage.

"When you can play in front of 3,000 fans, it's an opportunity to pull out some of the earlier and more esoteric songs," guitarist Joe Perry said.

AEROSMITH plan to return to arenas for another concert trek this winter. The band will then commence work on the follow-up to last year's blues album, "Honkin' on Bobo". Perry expects the new AEROSMITH record to sound like a hybrid of the loose, freewheeling "Bobo" and 2001's more technical "Just Push Play".

"We have 30 years of playing live together, and that's a real asset," Perry told MTV.com in a recent interview. "And that's what we drew from on 'Bobo'. We didn't have time to do a full studio record, but we wanted to press the reset button and do something that was less layered and precise. I hope some of that rubs off on our next recording experience so there's still some of that live edge."

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

When the hell did anything off of Just Push Play become classic??

I'll most likely buy it cause I'm a fan, and hope they hit Philly in the winter.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook