F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Default Kinky Friedman running for Tx Governor

Holy Shit , he wasn't joking. For all you Texans on the Links, I figured you might wanna read this-he's got my vote!! Texas Humorist Kinky Friedman to Run for Governor

Thu Feb 3,11:38 AM ET Entertainment - Reuters

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - Texas humorist Kinky Friedman, who wrote the song "They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Any More," announced on Thursday his independent candidacy for the state's governorship.

AP Photo
    Slideshow: Musician-Turned-Author to Run for Texas Governor

Friedman, joking he wants to move into the governor's mansion "because I need the closet space," launched his drive to become the state's first independent governor since Texas Revolution hero Sam Houston in 1859 in front of the Alamo.

Wearing a black cowboy hat and sporting a trademark lit cigar, Friedman's announcement was carried nationally on the MSNBC morning show hosted by radio personality Don Imus.

The author of numerous books, columns and songs he performed with his bar band "The Texas Jewboys," Friedman, 60, stressed he'll use humor to frame a serious candidacy in the Republican-dominated state.

"Don't worry about my lack of experience," Friedman said. "Trust me. I'm a Jew. I'll hire good people."

On the 169th anniversary of Lt. Col. William B. Travis' arrival at the Alamo, which would eventually fall to Mexican troops, Friedman laid out his plan to begin the "de-wussification of Texas."

"I'm not anti-death penalty. I'm anti-the wrong guy getting executed," Friedman said. "Two-thousand years ago we executed an innocent man named Jesus Christ and we don't want to make another mistake like that."

COMIC AS SERIOUS CANDIDATE

"We're Number One in executions and we're Number 49 in funding public education," Friedman said, and then later told the crowd he's for nondenominational prayer in public schools.

"What's wrong with a kid believing in something?" he asked.

An animal lover, Friedman vowed to outlaw the declawing of cats and promised to appoint singer and well-known marijuana smoker Willie Nelson as head of the Texas Rangers.

Like Minnesota's Jesse Ventura in 1998 and California's Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2003, Friedman's nontraditional candidacy could garner serious support, said political analyst Larry Hufford of St. Mary's University in San Antonio.

"I think Kinky can make the candidates deal with issues they don't want to talk about," Hufford said.

Gov. Rick Perry is facing the possibility of several challenges from powerful fellow Republicans, including a chance that popular U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison could compete against him in the Republican primary in the spring of 2006.

To get on the 2006 November ballot, Friedman must collect signatures of 40,500 registered voters next spring, and only those who did not participate in the major-party primaries are eligible to sign.

Friedman could make a difference just by campaigning for 15 months, even if he does not make the ballot, Hufford said. But Friedman showed he will be difficult to pin down ideologically.

"We're going to wake up that great slumbering giant of Texas independence," Friedman said.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Last Online

07.20.14 @ 01:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

didnt he do "get your bisquits in the oven and your buns in the bed, all this womens rights are going to your head"?? He sounds good to me

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Hey I am watching him on CNN right now. He's definately got my vote! He said he is all for the teachers! Listen to what this guy has to say sometime, it isn't half bad.
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    Hey I am watching him on CNN right now. He's definately got my vote! He said he is all for the teachers! Listen to what this guy has to say sometime, it isn't half bad.
    I agree with you T.P. I've actually met Kinky a few times as he's from my hometown (Kerrville). He's a strange and unique guy, can shock the hell out of you at times, but if you think about some of the things he says he makes sense. The fact that he's all for the teachers goes along way with the two of us, huh?
    Meet me in Cabo!

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

He is officially on the November ballot! I am voting for sure!

http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I see a lot of these around Austin:

And who could forget that all time classic, Moma, Baby, Moma, Let me jump in your Pajamas

http://www.tradebit.com/usr/music/mp3-player.php/402342

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

If the Terminator can become Governor, then anyone can!
    Last edited by ZeoBandit; 05.16.06 at 05:45 AM.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.