Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

09.09.05 @ 12:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default taking over for the wolfgang

has anyone seen the guitar thats takin over for the wolfgang? check it out at www.peavey.com. then go to the 2005namm show pictures. there are about 60 or so pictures the picture of the HP SPECIAL are in the middle somewhere. I dont know what the color is called but it almost looks like a darkblue sunburst. it looks like a really cool guitar. I dont know how to post the picture so maybe someone else can post it for us here.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

yeah this is kinda old but hey whatever....
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Last Online

09.09.05 @ 12:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sorry about the double post. i posted and then went back to homebase and didnt see it posted so i posted again. i'm an idiot sometimes.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's a funny story about how we got to the point of the HP model for you guys to hear.

Turns out that one of my coworkers at the guitar shop got to go to a dealer meet and greet after NAMM a few years ago. There was always talk that Peavey would never sell out to the Musician's Friend, etc. discounters, and that they were big supporters of their dealers. Hartley Peavey comes in and is addressing the crowd, and promptly stuffs both feet firmly in his mouth and rants about how the dealers don't sell enough of the Peavey line and that they are going to work a deal out with Musician's Friend. He says this TO A ROOM FULL OF NOTHING BUT DEALERS! :dumbass:

Now, I don't know how much of this story is really true, but at that point they hear that there is going to be a Hartley Peavey Signature model, or something like that. Mind you, from all accounts I have ever heard, Hartley isn't even a guitar player - but he would put his name on a model as if he were a well-known artist.

So, the big joke we have had at work has always been that every new Peavey guitar would have the name HP Signature. I shit you not - we have said this long before this model was announced. When I heard that they were going to offer the new "Carina" line, we thought "thank God this egomaniac proved us wrong". Then, a few weeks after that what happens - the HP SIGNATURE model is announced to the world! LMFAO! I swear, the guys at the shop pissed their pants laughing when I found that out and told them about it.

That's the story. Here's what I will say about the Peavey corporation - I have two wolfies and I love them. Are they anywhere near the EBMM models? Shit, no. But I don't agree with anybody that thinks Wolfgangs are crap instruments. Basswood body? So fucking what? You don't have to have some rare exotic wood to make a guitar decent. I read a lot of comments on guitar boards online that are nothing but pure gear snobbery, and I highly doubt that every guy who claims to play a $3000 PRS or some other boutique guitar actually does. However, I thought that Peavey's guitar line pre-EVH was pure shit, and I see it going right back to that again now. As a vendor, I can say without hesitation that the Peavey reps have been the worst by far for me to deal with when it comes to support, information, and followup in a client-vendor relationship. Gibson comes in a close second. The best? Fender, by a mile.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman
    Here's a funny story about how we got to the point of the HP model for you guys to hear.

Turns out that one of my coworkers at the guitar shop got to go to a dealer meet and greet after NAMM a few years ago. There was always talk that Peavey would never sell out to the Musician's Friend, etc. discounters, and that they were big supporters of their dealers. Hartley Peavey comes in and is addressing the crowd, and promptly stuffs both feet firmly in his mouth and rants about how the dealers don't sell enough of the Peavey line and that they are going to work a deal out with Musician's Friend. He says this TO A ROOM FULL OF NOTHING BUT DEALERS! :dumbass:

Now, I don't know how much of this story is really true, but at that point they hear that there is going to be a Hartley Peavey Signature model, or something like that. Mind you, from all accounts I have ever heard, Hartley isn't even a guitar player - but he would put his name on a model as if he were a well-known artist.

So, the big joke we have had at work has always been that every new Peavey guitar would have the name HP Signature. I shit you not - we have said this long before this model was announced. When I heard that they were going to offer the new "Carina" line, we thought "thank God this egomaniac proved us wrong". Then, a few weeks after that what happens - the HP SIGNATURE model is announced to the world! LMFAO! I swear, the guys at the shop pissed their pants laughing when I found that out and told them about it.

That's the story. Here's what I will say about the Peavey corporation - I have two wolfies and I love them. Are they anywhere near the EBMM models? Shit, no. But I don't agree with anybody that thinks Wolfgangs are crap instruments. Basswood body? So fucking what? You don't have to have some rare exotic wood to make a guitar decent. I read a lot of comments on guitar boards online that are nothing but pure gear snobbery, and I highly doubt that every guy who claims to play a $3000 PRS or some other boutique guitar actually does. However, I thought that Peavey's guitar line pre-EVH was pure shit, and I see it going right back to that again now. As a vendor, I can say without hesitation that the Peavey reps have been the worst by far for me to deal with when it comes to support, information, and followup in a client-vendor relationship. Gibson comes in a close second. The best? Fender, by a mile.
    Ohh do I wish Kramer was still around, maybe Eddie should get in an Ibanez deal? They could suit him...I think!
    Just go for it!

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman
    I can say without hesitation that the Peavey reps have been the worst by far for me to deal with when it comes to support, information, and followup in a client-vendor relationship. Gibson comes in a close second. The best? Fender, by a mile.
    Beautifully written.

The wolf was one of a kind, i doubt we will see another guitar close to it any time soon.

On the one hand, I'm glad ed is gone so that the stigma of playing a signature guitar goes away, on the other without his name on the headstock they have no reason to keep the quality up. Peavey as a brand name has no cache in and of it self and no one cares enough to pay whatever they might be charging for the new models.

Now that I think about it, Peavey as a brand name is a negative. I can't think of anything good about any of their product except for the wolf ... and I suspect I'm not the only one.

Besides, the replacements already look completely stupid and generic. How one can go from something like a wolfgang to something generic like the HP in such short order is amazing.
    Last edited by lil'devil; 02.03.05 at 07:26 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen,1984,Fuck,
    Favorite VH Song

LUTS,ddl,Amsterdam
    Last Online

03.24.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Basswood body? So fucking what? You don't have to have some rare exotic wood to make a guitar decent.
    Amen to that
    "I talked to the cancer. I told the f*cker the party was over" - Eddie Van Halen

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman". - Homer Simpson