Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street/its about time
    Last Online

09.24.11 @ 05:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default i asked

ok before you say another dj hear me out thank you. i called our radio station and ask about van halen, was told van halen all got along on tour and had fun and want to do another album and tour with sammy. but has not heard anything official yet. then asked about a so called van halen/ aerosmith tour did not hear anything on that. now the dj here in connecticut works for wplr 99.1, he's on from 3 -7pm mon-fri, his name is mike and on thursdays from 5-6pm the mike and jimmy show, jimmy is the concert promoter in this aera you can call in and ask them anything on any band they will tell you. they are about 99% of the time on the money. mike said this thursday he will ask jimmy about van halen. anyone who lives in connecticut should know about this show, as a few backed me last time when i asked if sammy was back and they told me yes. you can go to their web site and are able to listen to the station www.wplr.com if you want to ask about van halen call in to the concert show on thursday from 5-6pm and ask for yourself whats up. if they know anything they will tell you the number is 1-203-882-9757. i do not clam to be in the know because i'm not. i trust these guys because i listen to the concert show when i want to know about bands and what they are up to if anything. thank you for your time.
    van halen is back. "what you think is nothing might be something after all"

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Thanks for the info.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

11.19.16 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Yeah, that show is solid. Those are fun to listen to and the info they give out is usually right on the money.
    VAN HALEN...ROCK ON

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

trying to help out without adding bs, Gods knows we have had our share.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Based on history, I'll send this to the rumor mill...If anyone wants to call and post, put it there...Thanks, Joe!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

10.06.17 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Joe, I can back you up about the "Mike and Jimmy" show. Jimmy has been a promoter for many, many years and picks up things before many others do. He also tells it like it is. Of course with VH, things can change every minute.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:32 AM
    Liked 67 Times in 35 Posts

318, thanks for the heads up

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

On fire, SGMAD
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

thanks for the info!
    "People ask me 'Dave, what's it like to be a rock and roll star?" I tell them 'It's simple: in your mind, line up every woman you've ever been with. Got 'em there? well, I wouldn't fuck any of them.'" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 318joe
    van halen all got along on tour and had fun and want to do another album and tour with sammy.

While I appreciate the informmation, Sam's nephew posts here and commented about how the last show didn't end very well. Our "insider" hasen't been wrong before, so it just kinda contradicts what you're being told.

We haven't heard from 9 lately, maybe things are looking up and something is on the horizon and you're hearing that news. I could only assume that things change daily in VH's world....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    While I appreciate the informmation, Sam's nephew posts here and commented about how the last show didn't end very well. Our "insider" hasen't been wrong before, so it just kinda contradicts what you're being told.

We haven't heard from 9 lately, maybe things are looking up and something is on the horizon and you're hearing that news. I could only assume that things change daily in VH's world....
    9on10scale got bumped around quite viciously for his posts when the day-to-day things changed, too. Why would he want to post the facts this week when next week it will be totally contradicted?

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfiddl
    9on10scale got bumped around quite viciously for his posts when the day-to-day things changed, too. Why would he want to post the facts this week when next week it will be totally contradicted?
    He likes the attention??
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you are all welcomed, like i said don't want to post bs here. and true things do change alot in the vh world. well tomorrow is the mike and jimmy show on wplr from 5-6pm if you want to call and ask if jimmy knows anything heres the number 1-203-882-9757 the web site is www.wprl.com. hopefully mike and jimmy can shed some light on this. like i said not saying i know anything just what was heard. and mike did not hear anything on a vh/ aerosmith tour when i asked, he said we will have to ask jimmy see if he knows anything.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

03.12.05 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pure speculation and probably a dj who wants attention like most of the jocks on the air. I know what you mean by this dj and that dj being on the money with their sources etc... But if anyone with a close source to Sammy and his publicist himself, there is a dj with credibility from the St.Louis area who broke the news of Sammy's displeasure with the guys and we got the impression from Sam's interview that he could not wait for the tour to be over and that the guys had been jealous for years with Sam's cabo success and so on. This dj also said that Sammy's publicist and Sammy himself have been good friends for years with the St. Louis radio station and wouldn't feed him bs and asked that the interview NOT be aired till after the tour. Of course the interview leaked out on the web faster than Ruben Studdard on a twinkie!

The bottom line is, I believe Sammy is done and got what he wanted in getting some closure with the guys despite what this dj thinks.

I think it's time that classic vh fans got some closure with Dave this time around.

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Van Halen
    Pure speculation and probably a dj who wants attention like most of the jocks on the air. I know what you mean by this dj and that dj being on the money with their sources etc... But if anyone with a close source to Sammy and his publicist himself, there is a dj with credibility from the St.Louis area who broke the news of Sammy's displeasure with the guys and we got the impression from Sam's interview that he could not wait for the tour to be over and that the guys had been jealous for years with Sam's cabo success and so on. This dj also said that Sammy's publicist and Sammy himself have been good friends for years with the St. Louis radio station and wouldn't feed him bs and asked that the interview NOT be aired till after the tour. Of course the interview leaked out on the web faster than Ruben Studdard on a twinkie!

The bottom line is, I believe Sammy is done and got what he wanted in getting some closure with the guys despite what this dj thinks.

I think it's time that classic vh fans got some closure with Dave this time around.
    I think you need to clean the resin out of your bowl
    So do you think Sam and Al stated in interviews that there will be more music on the way with "yes" Sammy on the vocals. was a scam? It came straight from Al's Mouth. For my part, that's a reliable source and coming not from just 1 but 2 fucking stallions, judging by your preference under your screen name you are a complete pro roth fan which is nothing bad. As a matter a fact it's very good, but I think the closure with roth already took place and now the continuation of Hagar will prevail! It's just a matter of time before we hear something and will defintely be something that is going to be made up for lost time. These boys are hungry still, and just because we have not heard anything yet does not assume the return of Roth. That horse has beatin up in I don't know how many closed topics. enuff said it's 5150 time! still!

P.S. no disrespect, But i live in the L.A. basin and the vibes around here in the Hollywood Hills including surrounding areas have commented how quiet the estate of eddie's is and how some sightings of Hagar and Anthony have entered and left the estate. maybe there just coming by to shoot the shit,or pick up there W2's for 2004 but in my opinion that's a hint that something is brewing from the camp and it's being kept quiet for alot of reason's. I think those who know the history of this band have come to certain that the VH bros have closed that chapter with the return of Roth. I would have loved to have seen that happen, but it ain't, cause they (THE VH BROS.) can't do Roth anymore. and while there making endorsements, very large ones I might add, it only says they are not done yet. Hell they may already completed the new music while on tour, we don't know.
    Point:
    Sammy Eddie and Alex have stated during westwood 1's interview it took 6 years to make that stage. Tell's me the hatchet was burried along time ago
    Point:
    Alex states there is new music in the making, and a question is will it be Sammy on the vocals, Alex responds, "Yes, with Sam on the mic"
    Point:
    Eddie's purchasing of new gear is either a hint there's new music to come out or he's doing some early Xmas shopping for Wolife
    Point:
    Mike, well Mike is endorsing his Hot Sauce ,His Bass JD and being Mike, a family man. Period!
    Finally, I don't think Azoff would launch a major US tour with a last WHHORAAA! for the sake this was it, With Sammy closed. of course the payout of DLR on stage would monetarly be rewarding to us all and there pockets, but lets face it. It's the Music we all love wheather it's Roth or Hagar!
    Phew! next
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME