Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CREAM

On Fire
    Galveston Island (2 miles south of TEXAS)
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Default CREAM

Anybody gonna hop over to see them in London? Seems they're doing 4 shows at The Royal Albert Hall in May for a DVD/CD. Why can't Van Halen reunite for a week of shows to film and record? If for no other reasons than to shut us fans up.
    "The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit." -David Lee Roth

Last Online

09.09.05 @ 12:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by speedtruckermf
    Anybody gonna hop over to see them in London? Seems they're doing 4 shows at The Royal Albert Hall in May for a DVD/CD. Why can't Van Halen reunite for a week of shows to film and record? If for no other reasons than to shut us fans up.
    Because they dont give a fuck about their fans. Sometimes i think the only reason they tour'd this past year is because Valarie is probably suckin the life out of ed's pocket book! If they cared about keepin their fans happy they could have already put out a dvd concert of the tour. Yes, i am very happy about cream gettin it together for one more time.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to choose from...
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

i would love to see that!! I hope they bring the show over to the states.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Some would argue that Van Halen did in fact reunite and tour again for their fans. They've got an 80 date tour to support their argument too.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

There all good!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

05.23.12 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's awsome, I'm a huge Cream fan. Was Ginger Baker able to break away from his busy schedule at the gas station? I hope they getg to Denver, that would be a great show!
    "I endorsed the guitar I used to play, I designed this one.....Big Difference!" EVH

On Fire
    Galveston Island (2 miles south of TEXAS)
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    Some would argue that Van Halen did in fact reunite and tour again for their fans. They've got an 80 date tour to support their argument too.
    That was Van Hagar. I think you knew what I meant.
    "The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit." -David Lee Roth

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by speedtruckermf
    That was Van Hagar. I think you knew what I meant.
    I did know what you mean. I just wanted to point out that to some people, it was Van Halen that got back together.

As for Cream, I'm a big fan, and I can't wait for them to get the ball rolling on this.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

Default ????

Quote Originally Posted by patvh1
    Was Ginger Baker able to break away from his busy schedule at the gas station?
    Actually Ginger has a really cool Jazz band right now (Ginger Baker Trio). If you like Jazz at all, it's worth checking out.
    M*U*L*E

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Default Cream reunion show...anybody have any clips

I am not asking for a whole show or even a whole song (though that would be great) I just want to hear how they sounded at the first of 4 shows last night. Anybody know where i can get a hold of some clips?

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Hey I want in on that one. If anyone wouldn't mind sharing, would be really really REALLY appreciated.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I bet some stuff leaks out after a couple more shows....i'll keep looking

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Cream Rise in London

On November 26, 1968, Cream walked off the stage at London's Royal Albert Hall for what they fully expected to be the last time. Exhausted by infighting and non-stop touring, their rare instrumental telepathy creeping into formula and all but obliterated by arena-PA volume, rock's first supergroup -- guitarist Eric Clapton, bassist Jack Bruce and drummer Ginger Baker, already individual stars in Britain when they formed in 1966 -- held rock's first super-wake in this majestic Victorian concert hall, playing two final shows of what Clapton once described as "Blues Ancient and Modern" to audiences that literally begged them not to go, with massed cries of "God save the Cream!"

Those prayers were finally answered, thirty-seven years later. At 8:10 p.m. on May 2nd, Clapton, Bruce and Baker walked back on to that stage to a standing, delirious, disbelieving ovation, opening the first of four shows this week at the Albert Hall with the perfect, galloping sentiment: the Skip James blues "I'm So Glad," from their first album, Fresh Cream. This was, admittedly, not the breakneck, juggernaut Cream of the concert half of 1968's Wheels of Fire or the post-mortem live albums. Clapton's old wall of Marshall cabinets was gone; he played through just two small tube amps, with a Leslie for that majestic bridge lick in "Badge." And Clapton has long since exchanged the assaultive snarl of his original Cream weapons -- the Gibson SG and Les Paul -- for the cleaner ring and bite of a Stratocaster. There was less assault in the music, but more air, which allowed the original swing in Cream's power blues to come through: the conversational way Bruce improvised inside Clapton's slalom runs and grinding notes during the instrumental breaks in "Spoonful" and "N.S.U."; the taut fire of Baker's snare and tom-toms under Clapton's solo in "Sleepy Time Time."

Clapton's brief remarks to the crowd suggested lingering nerves and fears of overexpectation. "Thanks for waiting all these years," he said, after a rare live outing of "Outside Woman Blues," from Disraeli Gears. "I think we're going to do every song we know," quickly noting, "We'll play them as well as we can." But when Clapton pointed out that "the slings and arrows of misfortune cut us down in our prime," Bruce was having none of it. "What do you mean?" he interjected with needling glee. "This is our prime."

It was a bold claim for a band, which, with the exception of a brief reunion set at their 1991 induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, had not played together in nearly four decades. And much that was once remarkable and unique to Cream -- the fusion and compression of jazz and blues dynamics into pop song; the instrumental democracy of the power trio; the license to jam at great length -- is now established rock & roll language and tradition. But the deliberate tautness of the performances tonight, sounding at first uncomfortably close to overrestraint, was probably closer to the way Cream first heard themselves in 1966 and early '67 -- a modern R&B trio of equal, virtuoso soloists; blues purists with futurist nerve -- before the live extremes and routines of '68 took over.

Many of the highpoints were in the details: the odd bent and time of Bruce's and Clapton's twinned riffing in "Politician" against Baker's straight, anchoring motion; the heightened tension of Bruce's high, choking bass notes and Baker's tom-tom bombs under Clapton's solo in "Sweet Wine." In a stunning exhumation of the trance-rock gem "We're Going Wrong," from Disraeli Gears, Baker's mallets rolled across his tom-toms in liquid 6/4 time as Bruce sang with operatic despair over the simple, climbing tension of Clapton's strumming. And at the end of the encore, "Sunshine of Your Love," Clapton, Bruce and Baker locked into a powerful, mounting suspense, a droning, one-chord crescendo that, frankly, climaxed too soon with a final reentry into that immortal riff.

The only venture outside Cream's recorded library was a cover of T-Bone Walker's "Stormy Monday," a Clapton vocal-and-guitar showcase that made clear how the balance of power and celebrity has shifted since he was the band's junior genius and the quiet mediator between Bruce's and Baker's combative tempers. "Crossroads" also bore the matured Clapton's touch, taken at the country-funk gait he has long favored in his own shows. But the surprise of the night was the focused power and undiminished strength of Baker, who sat ramrod straight as he fired off precise, provocative accents -- cymbal stings, snare gunshots and double-kick-drum eruptions -- without loosening his grip on the pulse. Even in the inevitable "Toad," he soloed with startling control, never breaking the snapping, high-hat beat as his sticks flew over the rest of his kit.

And it was Baker who left the audience with the defining image of the night: stepping out from behind his drums after "Sunshine of Your Love" with a huge smile, pumping his fists in the air like a former championship boxer who had just gone twenty rounds with history -- and won.

The set list:

I'm So Glad
    Spoonful
    Outside Woman Blues
    Pressed Rat and Warthog
    Sleepy Time Time
    N.S.U.
    Badge
    Politician
    Sweet Wine
    Rolling and Tumbling'
    Stormy Monday
    Deserted Cities of the Heart
    Born Under a Bad Sign
    We're Going Wrong'
    Crossroads
    Sitting on Top of the World
    White Room
    Toad

Sunshine of Your Love

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Eric Clapton Cries at Cream Reunion Concert

Rock legend Eric Clapton cried Monday night as he thanked fans for waiting more than 36 years for his band Cream's reunion at London's Royal Albert Hall - the same venue where they played their farewell gig in 1969.

Clapton and his band mates Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were touched when the crowd gave them a standing ovation before they began the eagerly-awaited concert, causing Clapton to pay an emotional tribute to their loyal fans.

He told the audience, "Thanks for waiting all those years. We'll probably play everything we know – we'll play as long as we can."

Tickets for the first four dates in the British capital sold out within minutes, with many fans traveling from abroad to attend the historic event, which Clapton reportedly agreed to because of Bruce and Baker's failing health.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patvh1
    That's awsome, I'm a huge Cream fan. Was Ginger Baker able to break away from his busy schedule at the gas station? I hope they getg to Denver, that would be a great show!
    LOL! at the Gas station.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    Eric Clapton Cries at Cream Reunion Concert

Rock legend Eric Clapton cried Monday night as he thanked fans for waiting more than 36 years for his band Cream's reunion at London's Royal Albert Hall - the same venue where they played their farewell gig in 1969.

Clapton and his band mates Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were touched when the crowd gave them a standing ovation before they began the eagerly-awaited concert, causing Clapton to pay an emotional tribute to their loyal fans.

He told the audience, "Thanks for waiting all those years. We'll probably play everything we know – we'll play as long as we can."

Tickets for the first four dates in the British capital sold out within minutes, with many fans traveling from abroad to attend the historic event, which Clapton reportedly agreed to because of Bruce and Baker's failing health.
    Wow. Clapton is great, Cream is great!!!!!
    I sure as hell hope they recorded this once in a lifetime show for music history and for us fans who can't make the giant leap across the pond. I would gladly make the pilgrimage if they were to play anywhere in the States.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One