Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I'm really pissed off right now...

Right, I should be snuggling down to a good night's sleep with my girlfriend right now, but I'm so fucked off I had to vent somewhere! Aaaaaarrrrgh!

Ok, where I come from, in Northern Ireland, there is so much hate between the comunities it's unreal, but usually we don't notice until it affects us directly. Anyway, I'm a Protestant and my girlfriend's Catholic. This is tricky where I'm from but we get through cos we love each other.

Anyway, I live in a town that's pretty evenly divided between Protestant and Catholic, but my girlfriend's from a town that's almost entirely Catholic. She recently moved in with me and I've had a hard time explaining to her why I can't get a taxi to come to my house. The problem is that almost all the taxi firms in my towm are owned by people associtated with the IRA, and the handful that aren't are too busy to cope with the demand an alternative.

So, on a Saturday night for example, if I want a taxi into town, I can't get one because I'm a Protestant. My girlfriend can't get one because she lives with a Protestant. We have to walk into town and hope we can flag a taxi when we want to get home again.

Anyway (again!) tonight we were at a bar in town with a couple of friends. One of them was able to get a taxi cos she's Catholic, and it picked us up at the bar and she asked the taxi driver to take us to where I live first. The driver complained a lot because he'd have to go to a Protestant area, but took us anyway. When he dropped us off he really fucked me off by complaning so much about having to go to a Protestant area - how he was at risk because us Protestants were so violent and we'd probably break his windows (all this while we're handing him money for taking us there) and so on.

God, it pissed me off so much - being resented so much by someone for the religion I was born into, and them resenting my paying them for the same service they provide to others. I wish it was as simple as not using his company again, but there's no other taxi firms I can call!

Aaargh!

Rant over.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

You have every right to be pissed off.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's way fucked up.

Any chance of you moving to the states?

Over here we have the same issues, but not so much over religon as much as the color of your skin, but we deal with it and I can't speak on behalf of any one that's ever been discriminated against, but I don't hear of any discrimination against any partiuclar part of my world.

I live on the East coast and we've got a good mix of white, black, Hispanic and even Irish....lol.

You'll get an ocassional joke about a certain group of folks.....even an attempted KKK rally that brought 4 people and 26 cops to a local town.

It tickels me that my son, who is 5, came home from DayCare the other day, talking about Martin Luther King Jr. He even told me about how "blacks" couldn't drink from the same fountain as "white" kids and how "crazy" that was.

I grew up with an "Archie Bunker" type, so I am amazed I turned out as level headed as I did. If I could turn out OK, then my son, at age 5, who understands the stupidity of discrimination, will turn out just fine.

Will we ever have a world lacking of discrimination? Never. In some ways it's human nature. It's the inate competitive edge that thrives in all of us.
    Last edited by jimmy; 01.29.05 at 08:39 PM.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

Sorry if this is a naive question, because I truly feel for you and your situation but: How can a taxi driver tell the difference between a catholic and a protestant?

Regardless your situation is a amazing that a religious faith would prefer saddness and seperation over love and integration. God must be pretty pissed off with what we do in his/her name.

I beleive in a few thousand years we'll all be a race/religion blend anyway.

Hang in there Charvel2 and most of all stay safe.

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's just terrible! You really should be pissed!

That just reminds me how people around here treat ANYONE who isn't white! Everytime these stupid-ass, back-water hicks around here throw around the N-word or make fun of someone just because they aren't white, I'll say "Does that make you feel like more of a person that you've said that?" Heck, I cussed out a guy who had a Nazi card in his wallet (he showed me it) at my school, just because it's so stupid! I told him he needs to grow up and accept people for who they are, not because of their race!
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evhslilhottie
    That's just terrible! You really should be pissed!

That just reminds me how people around here treat ANYONE who isn't white! Everytime these stupid-ass, back-water hicks around here throw around the N-word or make fun of someone just because they aren't white, I'll say "Does that make you feel like more of a person that you've said that?" Heck, I cussed out a guy who had a Nazi card in his wallet (he showed me it) at my school, just because it's so stupid! I told him he needs to grow up and accept people for who they are, not because of their race!

High school nazis. I hate high school nazis.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Your situation sucks man. Sorry about that. It's a trip to even hear about.

On a lighter note though however, I have to say I'm completely enthralled with your term "fucked off" for being pissed off. I think that's fuckin great.

I'll be using that one.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

That sucks man. I'm under the impression that many in the world think that the U.S. is a shitty place because of the conservatives, the liberals, the KKK, the Crips/Bloods, George Bush, John Kerry, etc etc etc. I actually think it is a most excellent place and wish the rest of the world had their shit together so we could share it with them.
    BTW, evhslilhottie, back-water hicks are EVERYWHERE. All you have to do is look for them.

Hey seenbad, I think the euro-quivalent term for "pissed" is "drunk"! Drunk, pissed, fucked. It's all good! Or bad...

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I'll never understand the need for dividing people when it comes to ideology. I just don't get it.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

09.09.05 @ 12:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that does really suck! I dont know a whole lot about the situation in Ireland, which is my fault. I think your country truly is one of the most awesome countries around. I would love to visit your country one day, but right now the situation in the world does'nt allow for it! I just wonder how much of Ireland's problems come from the British trying to run your country. I just will never understand how we as America can go into a country and take a leader out of power even though he's an asshole, because he is trying to occupy a country like kuwait, and then say nothing about Britain! I wonder if Bono(U2) has ever brought this up to an American president while visiting the white house. If so i wonder what the reply was? Once again i am truly sorry about your situation! Maybe thats what understanding and forgiveness are for.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfiddl
    BTW, evhslilhottie, back-water hicks are EVERYWHERE. All you have to do is look for them.
    Dude, we're from the same state (unless it's another Louisville you're talking about)! I know plenty of racists in Louisville and it's sad.
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evhslilhottie
    Dude, we're from the same state (unless it's another Louisville you're talking about)! I know plenty of racists in Louisville and it's sad.
    The racism isn't hardcore or violent. It IS everywhere though and practiced by ALL colors! You don't have to be white to be racist...

Skankytown...that HAS to be east of Lexington and south of I-64

or in Bullitt County!

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfiddl
    The racism isn't hardcore or violent. It IS everywhere though and practiced by ALL colors! You don't have to be white to be racist...

or in Bullitt County!
    Very well put. Racism, it isn't just for Krackers anymore! I'm one of those people that will hold doors open for anybody, but it's gotten to the point where I hate holding doors for some of the younger people out there. They don't ever acknowledge the fact that you held the door open with a thank you, or a simple nod of the head. I've noticed it more with the younger black kids, but more and more white kids are starting to do it too. They look at you like they expect you to hold the door open for them. Etiquette is quickly becoming a dying art.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Very well put. Racism, it isn't just for Krackers anymore! I'm one of those people that will hold doors open for anybody, but it's gotten to the point where I hate holding doors for some of the younger people out there. They don't ever acknowledge the fact that you held the door open with a thank you, or a simple nod of the head. I've noticed it more with the younger black kids, but more and more white kids are starting to do it too. They look at you like they expect you to hold the door open for them. Etiquette is quickly becoming a dying art.
    That irritates me to death when people do that! I do that to people when we go back to classes after lunch and then, if they don't thank me I go "Umm, you're welcome!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberfyddl

or in Bullitt County
    Yeah, near the Mountain Parkway, but not near Magoffin County! That place is like the friggin River Styx!

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Vike, I was sitting here thinking I was the only one who still held doors open for everyone. A little courtesy used to go a long way. Now, it seems it's all but forgotten.

C2 - gotta admit, it's weird seeing discrimination in a different light. Different, but yet the same.

I can remember about 10 years ago I had grown my hair out (post military), and being slightly harrassed by the police in my rural home-town. I was pulled over 18 times in the course of one year - no tickets, just questions like "Do you have any guns, or drugs in the trunk?"

It's all discrimination....
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.