Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    01.26.05
    Posts
    57
    Last Online

    11.19.05 @ 06:49 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    "Eruption" Line 6 Podxt

    You can get theBrownsound form Line 6.

    And it sounds good.....real good.

    You can get Ed's first tone from The Podxt without having to own an MXR Phase90, Marshall Plexi, and a visit to Radio Shack for a Variac (if you can find one).
    I think its the closest sound to his tone from the first album that I have ever heard . From any amp emulator, $1000 guitar gadget, or guitar processor and I own a Phase 90, this one seems to take the cake.

    I was wondering who else has this little unit and what they think of it..I highly recommend swinging by a Guitar Center or a local shop and checking one out.....

    Unfortunately other Line 6 products like the amps dont have this sound setting....you need to check out the Podxt, if you already own one let me know what you think.

    Later
    Ross

  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.05.04
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,684
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Likes
    42
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotrcm
    You can get theBrownsound form Line 6.

    And it sounds good.....real good.

    You can get Ed's first tone from The Podxt without having to own an MXR Phase90, Marshall Plexi, and a visit to Radio Shack for a Variac (if you can find one).
    I think its the closest sound to his tone from the first album that I have ever heard . From any amp emulator, $1000 guitar gadget, or guitar processor and I own a Phase 90, this one seems to take the cake.

    I was wondering who else has this little unit and what they think of it..I highly recommend swinging by a Guitar Center or a local shop and checking one out.....

    Unfortunately other Line 6 products like the amps dont have this sound setting....you need to check out the Podxt, if you already own one let me know what you think.

    Later
    Ross
    it's a good setting...the only problem is that it doesn't translate well when you crank the volume...you can't play it in a band setting...it's good at quiet bedroom levels...for practice
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

    Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

    I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

  3. #3
    XTC man! homeunit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.08.00
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,113
    Favorite VH Album

    Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

    Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

    09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Likes
    29
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    I didn't care that setting. The sweep of the phaser is set too wide in the pod imo. I had a pod xt for a couple of months while I was recording, and it just didn't cut it for me. It fine for rhythm stuff sort of but for soloing forget about it.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,584
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    I have a Pod Xt and I'm not impressed by any of the amp models. I use mine for effects only. I think the effects modelling is much better than the amp modelling. I never really cared for the Eruption patch on this unit, I don't find it to be accurate or authentic at all.

  5. #5
    Good Enough Space_Cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.08.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    to many to name
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vhin04
    I have a Pod Xt and I'm not impressed by any of the amp models. I use mine for effects only. I think the effects modelling is much better than the amp modelling. I never really cared for the Eruption patch on this unit, I don't find it to be accurate or authentic at all.
    Exactly what I found. I would use my XT to play somthing like Cathedral but I didn't use the Eruption setting much. I would rather just play it out of my amp with a phase 90. I brought it back after about a week of frustration with it.

  6. #6
    Little Dreamer Chris Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.03
    Age
    37
    Location
    Midlands, U.K.
    Posts
    32
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1/Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    04.02.05 @ 01:08 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi Guys,

    I think that the POD units are great as long as you find your sweet spot in terms of use. I've got XT Live ( The floor board) and it's optimised for live use. I also own a 5150 combo. The Criminal amp mod that you can upgrade to is very authenic if used properly. I run the floor board into a power amp or powered monitor and then into a Laney 4x12 with vintage HH speakers in it - the sounds are awesome. The plexi variac setting also works great! I like the fact that I can use different guitars and set ups for different songs (I'm in a covers band with a girl singer www.Targalive.com) eg a tele through Fender amps to my wolfies through 5150s to PRS's into boogies. The effect mods are fantastic - especially the Tube Screamer and the Phase 90. Check the Floor board out - it rocks!

  7. #7
    XTC man! homeunit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.08.00
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,113
    Favorite VH Album

    Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

    Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

    09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Likes
    29
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Hi Guys,

    I think that the POD units are great as long as you find your sweet spot in terms of use. I've got XT Live ( The floor board) and it's optimised for live use. I also own a 5150 combo. The Criminal amp mod that you can upgrade to is very authenic if used properly. I run the floor board into a power amp or powered monitor and then into a Laney 4x12 with vintage HH speakers in it - the sounds are awesome. The plexi variac setting also works great! I like the fact that I can use different guitars and set ups for different songs (I'm in a covers band with a girl singer www.Targalive.com) eg a tele through Fender amps to my wolfies through 5150s to PRS's into boogies. The effect mods are fantastic - especially the Tube Screamer and the Phase 90. Check the Floor board out - it rocks!
    I'm glad that it works for you. Some guys seem to be able to make these things work, but not me. I've tried what you've done and even started with an Avalon Pre and I still couldn't get it happening.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

  8. #8
    Little Dreamer Chris Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.03
    Age
    37
    Location
    Midlands, U.K.
    Posts
    32
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1/Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    04.02.05 @ 01:08 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi Homeunit. I can send you some of the tones I use by email if you like? Let me know.

    Chris.

  9. #9
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    01.26.05
    Posts
    57
    Last Online

    11.19.05 @ 06:49 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default "Eruption" cont.

    Hi Guys,

    I would have to agree with alot of you about certain amps and guitar gear sounding great in one scenario and terrible in another. This is true for just about everything.
    I use the PODxt through my compuer and right into a stereo setup.
    It does a great job in this case, I primarily use the unit to play along with backing tracks and it sounds pretty much like the CD....
    On the other hand when I tried using it live and it doesnt work so well...
    It just sounds very faint and distant, not live and sparkly.
    Since I no longer play in a band anymore the PODxt does great just at home in the bedroom...

    Its like learning to play guitar by yourself....you may think your really great and technically you may be, but when you put yourself into a band. Then you really have to discipline yourself and know what your doing...I recomend anyone who is starting guitar to start early playing in an organized band enviroment, I wish I did.

    Later
    Ross

  10. #10
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.06.01
    Age
    45
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    2,056
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    I Have Been Lucky With The 2.0

    Im actually embarassed to say that "my sound" now is a POD 2.0---->300 watt power amp (need to get that Carvin 100 watt tube power amp)---->Genz Benz 212 cab. I tried the XT but didn't care for any of the distorted amp models, im sure I could have gotten something out of it, but first impression's were terrible in my case.

    I originally tried this same idea with the Bass POD, only with terrible results. The Bass POD is cool for recording, but it will not cut through in a live setting, not without cranking all 2400 watts of my power amp, I use the Ampeg HE cabs because Les Claypool does, and im to stupid to pay the small amount of extra cash for the far superior HLF cabs, the HE's could actually be the problem I guess. A 31 band EQ helps a great deal, but it would help any kind of pre-amp, and most pre's sound fine without massive EQ. Im going to replace it with that cool ass BBE bass pre-amp, hopefully the tube one, it sound's amazing to my ear's.

    I think Brett uses a POD XT live through the effects loop of his 5150 head, that's what gave me the idea of buying a tube power amp, the Carvin is $550.00 I think, cheaper then the $749.00 for the 5150 so im going in that direction.

  11. #11
    On Fire
    Join Date
    04.14.11
    Posts
    345
    Last Online

    10.04.16 @ 10:31 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I was completely anti PODxt tll i heard this clip!
    http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5804064

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "Say Uncle," "You Wear It Well," "River Wide" and "Left for Dead."
    By extreme red roth in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12.28.16, 06:31 PM
  2. Live "Eruption" Clip
    By Jedi McFly in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05.09.06, 03:14 AM
  3. plan "eruption", everyone please read
    By JMJ in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11.02.02, 06:29 PM
  4. we re studying "Eruption "in my college music class
    By Rick S in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02.14.02, 11:28 AM
  5. Dave responds to his "greedy guitarist" line
    By MightyVanHalen in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04.03.01, 07:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •