Favorite VH Album

Balance,Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Every damn one!
    Last Online

02.02.11 @ 09:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Truss Rod Help!

Ok, I brought up this topic a long time ago, probably sometime during the summer, but i need help again. Ok Well the action on the neck of my guitar gets higher as you move closer to the body, now which way do I turn the truss rod to fix this and make it level? I have one of those easy truss rod adjustment things on my olp so it will be quite simple for me to do myself, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    "Some low life flathead scum infects, the sickness in his eyes reflects, you wonder why your life is screaming, wonder why we're humans being."

Proud Member of the III Brigade.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.22.09 @ 08:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(Assuming that lowering the action doesnt help and the frets/fretboard are ok) Loosen the rod in 1/4 turns, tune up, intonate, then let sit for a while. Repeat as necessary. .003" is the relief I shoot for @ the 9th when fretting the 1st and 22nd.

Also might have to shim the neck pocket. Try one strip of masking tape taped to the edge of the neck heel closest to the bridge. Keep adding strips until the the height between fretboard and the bottom of the G string @ the nut is the same as the height between the fretboard and the bottom of the G string @ the 22nd fret.

Now the neck plane matches the string plane and you should be able to get the action the same up and down the neck. I usually go for 1/16". Lotta around fiddling this way tho. You could just shim until you like the action then stop.

Also, add other strips so the whole neck heel is in contact with the borrom of the neck.
    pocket. ie- if it takes 3 strips to get the angle you need, go 2 then 1 as you move away from the bridge.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Turning it clockwise will remove the bow and cause the neck to straighten more. That won't necessarily alleviate the problem though.
    Don't turn it more than 1/4 turn before letting it settle for awhile to see how much difference it's made, and don't force it or you can permanently damage the truss rod. Once it feels tight to turn you've maxed it. Don't take it any farther. If the problem is still there, back off the truss rod a bit and you'll have to remove the neck and install a shim in the base of the neck pocket.
    Olps are not quality control instruments. They rent a license from EBMM in order to be able to copy and mass produce a design, and put the EBMM stamp on the back of the neck but that's as far as their connection to EBMM goes. They are not at all affiliated with the EBMM company from what I'm told.
    The reason I say this is because if you damage the instrument it'll be hard to get any kind of a warranty backed up.